Diablo® III

BARB most underdog in PVP

i wonder how everyone is doing in pvp? but if you ask me im really having a hard time beating other players using my barb. looks like everyone else is very OP..
Reply Quote
wow those crafted shoulders are nice, but looking at the rest of your gear your lacking mitigation,

Barbs really have to tank, like 4 million plus ehp, barbs don't have any cc breakers, dot breakers or skills that make them totally invulnerable so you have to face tank three or four direct hits for every one you get on the opponent.

SO stack vita, vs elite resist and all ress, also run, run like a headless chicken, make it really hard for them to hit you at all and charge them when you think they are out of resource. But man I'll be honest, since patch and the bats buff, you will probably never beat a pvp wd in a serious duel.
Reply Quote
oh I fight with you yesterday right?
Reply Quote
I went against some pretty good Barbs yesterday. Furious Charge crit stun to HoTa can be pretty deadly. But the HoTa has to be high enough to break SV in one hit and kill me in at least 2 hits.
Reply Quote
05/12/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Ender
I went against some pretty good Barbs yesterday. Furious Charge crit stun to HoTa can be pretty deadly. But the HoTa has to be high enough to break SV in one hit and kill me in at least 2 hits.

Im running something similar to this for WD, but you have to have over 150k dps buffed or its a no go unless your rend crits and you get lucky. Also added Leap with call of arreat as well.

I think barbs are middle of the pack but we need to pack 2 suitcases full of gear while other classes are just carry-ns. WD=F22 raptor Barbs = F16
Reply Quote
assuming you are in good pvp gear, just use WOTB. u win
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 12:54 PMPosted by FR0G
assuming you are in good pvp gear, just use WOTB. u win

Not that ez, dont give this guy false hope. I think it gives you a 50/50 shot, as oppose to 0%....and thats with very good gear
Reply Quote
Tried some PVP with my barb recently, have some gear with 4 million + ehp (buffed) and 100 k DPS on screen. It's really hard and sometimes impossible to beat ok geared demon hunters, monks and witch doctors. All of them seem to have 2 lifes and very good damage. Dont think its impossible to get on a decent level but its way more expensive to do so as a barb, at least on european servers.

Had much better results against barbs and wizards.

P.S. I think its not only about the gear and skill power, a barb is maybe a lot more predictable i.e. for a DH than he is for a barb.
Edited by chunk#2894 on 6/18/2013 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have devised a DH build that should beat all Barbs now, at least in a consistent manner and it doesn't use Impale. The problem with Impale is the damage is too low for the hatred and some Barbs can tank a FULL hatred pool of Impales and not die; which leads to either a stalemate or a Barb auto-win.

So far I have only tested this build on a couple Barbs with great success (ask F0x0nfire)! And I will release the information on this build once I test it some more and gauge its success. I am also out of town at the moment so I won't be able to test further until I return this weekend.
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Iria
I have devised a DH build that should beat all Barbs now

all Barbs! Say it ain't so. Must be a rapid fire combo, rapid fire chews through regen. I hope your eDPS increase against tanky barbs resulted in less ehp to give tanky barbs a chance.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I made a lower EHP build so Barbs can theoretically kill me in a few rends. However, I melt Barbs without Ignore Pain up with my spec. And yes, it does use Rapid Fire!

My offensive stats for Rapid Fire in PVP in this special build:

Attacks/Second ~1.7
Critical Hit Chance ~ 50%
Critical Hit Damage ~ 450%
Additional modifiers (not shown in DPS): Damage to Elites +29%, Rapid FIre ChC +15%

Sheet DPS ~360k (Steady Aim only)
Boosted DPS ~ 560k (Steady Aim + Elite Bonus + Rapid Fire ChC Bonus)

My defensive stats are enough that I can survive 2 critical rends back to back, but the third one will kill me if it criticals as well within 45 seconds (assuming I let a Barb hit me with 3 in that period). I also use around 70 max discipline and vault (no bunker-style).

Edit: I forgot to add Marked for Death, but you can add that yourself (+12%).
Edited by Iria#1342 on 6/18/2013 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Iria
(no bunker-style)

++ gotta give you props for that while using rapid fire.
Edited by arndawg#1193 on 6/19/2013 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Here is my build (both bunker and offensive) vs a top asian Barb:

Bunker:
Hungering Arrow - Devouring Arrow
Rapid Fire - Fire Support
Marked for Death - Mortal Enemy
Smokescreen - Lingering Fog
Preparation - Battle Scars
Sentry - Aid Station
Thrill of the Hunt
Brooding
Perfectionist

Non-bunker:
Hungering Arrow - Devouring Arrow
Rapid Fire - Fire Support
Marked for Death - Mortal Enemy
Smokescreen - Lingering Fog
Preparation - Battle Scars
Vault - Tumble
Thrill of the Hunt
Brooding
Tactical Advantage

Here is the video of 5 duels (we only did 5 because they took a long time and I needed to go):

http://www.twitch.tv/iria1342/b/425096474
Reply Quote
Nice video Iria!
Reply Quote
I think barbs here severely underestimated the importance of WotB in PvP.

Top Barb with WotB + HotA can still take on high end WD

I'm not saying WD isn't OP since patch 1.08. I'm just saying the chance of Barb winning isn't 0% if configured properly. They are not hopeless like Wiz.
Edited by GGyouLOSE#1689 on 7/9/2013 12:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/09/2013 12:40 AMPosted by GGyouLOSE
I think barbs here severely underestimated the importance of WotB in PvP.

i completely agree!

pop that Wotb! why do people think its gay or.. i dunoo.. lol its OP! use it more barbs!
Reply Quote
I use it all the time =D, it feels good to see other classes suddenly turn tail and book it.
Reply Quote
07/10/2013 08:42 AMPosted by MeeChaiYang
I use it all the time =D, it feels good to see other classes suddenly turn tail and book it.

I like tanking wrath in my bunker lol.
Reply Quote
07/10/2013 08:49 AMPosted by Iria

I like tanking wrath in my bunker lol.

I think DH's are the only ones that can legit stand there and tank if they re in bunker mode.
Reply Quote
The problem with WOTB in PvP is the very long cooldown.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]