Diablo® III

BARB most underdog in PVP

07/27/2013 11:26 PMPosted by DerfelCadarn
The problem with WOTB in PvP is the very long cooldown.

For something like FFA brawling this is true, but think about it long term. When "real" pvp (either objective based or team arena pvp) comes out, it will be much more useful than it is now. Having an "i win" button available will come in handy. The opposite is kind of true for WD, who has a bunch of skills that are really really good in 1v1 situations, but that get much less useful as team size increases.
Reply Quote
07/28/2013 08:15 AMPosted by Kefka
The problem with WOTB in PvP is the very long cooldown.

For something like FFA brawling this is true, but think about it long term. When "real" pvp (either objective based or team arena pvp) comes out, it will be much more useful than it is now. Having an "i win" button available will come in handy. The opposite is kind of true for WD, who has a bunch of skills that are really really good in 1v1 situations, but that get much less useful as team size increases.

This is an interesting argument. When (and if) team duels arrive, new strategies will emerge, and maybe Wotb will become very useful (as probably some other skills).
Reply Quote
This is an interesting argument. When (and if) team duels arrive, new strategies will emerge, and maybe Wotb will become very useful (as probably some other skills).

That's why I just can't take the "OMG CLASS IMBALANCE IS DESTROYING PVP" arguments seriously. The way classes rank in dueling is not how they will rank in the "real" pvp at all. If D3 had something like 2v2 arena like WoW has, I guarantee you that WD would be in the middle or even on the bottom of the ladders in such a situation. Wotb barb/Monk or Monk/DH would most likely dominate everything. Blizzard has promised us real pvp in the future, and they've made it clear that it will be team-based. Balancing the classes right now around FFA brawling is so pointless, when we have no idea how things will turn out when team pvp is released.
Reply Quote
07/28/2013 06:10 PMPosted by Kefka

That's why I just can't take the "OMG CLASS IMBALANCE IS DESTROYING PVP" arguments seriously. The way classes rank in dueling is not how they will rank in the "real" pvp at all. If D3 had something like 2v2 arena like WoW has, I guarantee you that WD would be in the middle or even on the bottom of the ladders in such a situation. Wotb barb/Monk or Monk/DH would most likely dominate everything. Blizzard has promised us real pvp in the future, and they've made it clear that it will be team-based. Balancing the classes right now around FFA brawling is so pointless, when we have no idea how things will turn out when team pvp is released.

right, wish they would release team deathmatch or some kind of arena PvP as it is, even if imbalanced or simple it beats the hell out of brawling. let the players experiment and see what really needs fixing instead of denying fans what they should have had from the start. Blizz can design something better from what we learn in the future, scrapping team deathmatch was a huge mistake.
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 12:54 PMPosted by FR0G
assuming you are in good pvp gear, just use WOTB. u win

Then quit the game? Or hide until WOTB refresh? LOL.

Also Wotb is useless against Monk, their basic spirit generator will knock you back even in WOTB mode, not sure if its a bug, but a monk with no CC abilities on items can permastun a barb with high attack speed with nothing but fists of thunder.

A 80k dps monk with FoT basically perma-knockbacked a 7 million ehp barb I had until I died, even while I had WOTB on.
Edited by Kirishima#1651 on 8/15/2013 2:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]