Diablo® III

Double Monk MP10 Combo Build (Groups Too!)

Been testing with the latest patch. Can't find anything better than this for DWers:

Monk 1: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#adfSXk!.f!YbZcba

Role is to get to the pack, keep them locked in, buff with BoH: Guiding Light and Overawe

Monk 2: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UYeSXi!Vb!bccZYZ

Standard Nirvana DPS build. Can't beat the damage output.

Add a CM Wiz and the new Firebat WD/0Dog for silly kill times.

Note if the kill times are too fast for Nirvana to be efficient, as in your group has top notch AoE DPS, switch out Blind for Quickening.
Edited by Fitz#1329 on 5/13/2013 1:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Both links are the same and seem to be missing a couple of passives...
Reply Quote
Oops thanks. I'll fix second link. Blank passives are your choice. Only the ones listed are necessary.
Reply Quote
Fitz, is Monk1 spamming Overawe because he will have more spirit available than Monk2?

If Monk2 is dropping the bells why doesn't he use overawe timed to his bell drops? As long as Monk1 is spammin his heart out, no big deal, but if he's not, then Monk2 bells aren't hitting as hard....but I guess neither is the rest of the group for that matter.
So just remember Monk1: Spam Overawe every 3 seconds :)
Reply Quote
@Tranquility

Yep, Monk 1 has the job of buffing and CCing, which means keeping up overawe, BW, and CSing.

If Monk 1 does not have enough attack speed/cc to make that happen, use reduced cost CS!
Reply Quote
The range of BoH is so terrible, I wouldn't use it if Implosion and Overawe are locked in. Trying to get 4 ppl in 12 yards is like herding cats. I'd guess the uptime for GL would be less than 50%.

I pretty much play Monk #1 keeping 100% 48% overawe up, and the open skill/passive I use depending on how afk I want to be while playing.

Serenity/NDE - extra afk, Serenity after NDE procs for terrible situations
Serenity/Pacifism - extra afk for frozen packs
EP/E.Soul - extra health minion boom!
Crip Wave/Concussion/Combo - when tiring of FoT
Ally/FleetFooted - for giggles
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 02:30 PMPosted by Davlok
The range of BoH is so terrible, I wouldn't use it if Implosion and Overawe are locked in. Trying to get 4 ppl in 12 yards is like herding cats. I'd guess the uptime for GL would be less than 50%.

Monk 1 CS
Monk 2 Nirvana

They are both on top of each other.

CM Wiz Rght on top of Monk 1
Firebat WD Right on top of Monk 1

Up time on GL is not a problem with a good group. The problem is there are too many bad groups out there.
Reply Quote
fitz, took your advice, went over to a DW setup for nirvana, pumped up my AR to >700 and it just rocks like crazy... for solo beacon really helps and I can keep spirit up w/ higher iAS. Really, really digging this build...

Thanks man, I'd love to run w/ you this weekend!
DETH
Reply Quote
@DethAxe

I am always down. I usually have a Wizzie and WD around for fun too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]