Diablo® III

ias isnt such a bad thing

My name has always been Fatvirgin. Got reported though...assuming by a person who took offense to the name. A fatty, a virgin, or a tragic combination of both.
Reply Quote
all who say ias is not good for a wd are either poor (low equipped) and mean their own wd or they just have not much clue about the wd
so just manage your mana and u can get quite a huge use of your ias (not speaking of the sac build)
-
i run 1,78 aps with a 1h sword and an mojo and i dont have mana problems, no matter if solo or in group - btw. i run bears and CoB
-
ias isnT such a bad thing indeed

btw. my real wd is on eu servers..
Edited by KadaverjunkY#2876 on 5/16/2013 10:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
all who say ias is not good for a wd are either poor (low equipped) and mean their own wd or they just have not much clue about the wd
so just manage your mana and u can get quite a huge use of your ias (not speaking of the sac build)
-
i run 1,78 aps with a 1h sword and an mojo and i dont have mana problems, no matter if solo or in group - btw. i run bears and CoB
-
ias isnT such a bad thing indeed

btw. my real wd is on eu servers..

you don't have an excessive amount of IAS...I actually have more than you and although my profile shows a skorn, I was running a 1.4 knife just like you a few days ago in MP10

So ya, you should be able to manage it just fine
Reply Quote
well
a) i didnT say i got an excessive amount of ias and
b) i donT run a knife on my real wd ;)
http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/KadaverjunkY-2876/hero/616077 <- thats my real one
Reply Quote
05/16/2013 03:08 AMPosted by MissilZolair
God its ridiculous how much bad information gets spread around the forums by ppl who only think and dont really know what they are talking about.

Unfortunately, I believe this statement applies to yourself.

As aerial mentioned, Ias does help with cob. You might want to read this carefully:

us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568960808?page=1

Actually, Heyguyslol is correct in regards to the dmg ramp up. Having more ias does *not* increase the dmg buff speed and its as he stated from the tool tip based off every second.

Although some of the info on this thread is accurate but the dmg buff ramp up is not. To many ppl read into the numbers that the OP posted and bought it. Friends and I have tested CoB with various weps and attack speeds and found that while yes the more ias u have the more mana u consume it doesn't benefit at all having more to getting up to the max dmg buff.
Reply Quote

I read this awhile back when it was posted the problem is this is coming from a player not a hard confirmation blue post, so if u want to believe this info thats your choice but i know different based on testing ive done.

If you find a blue post that can confirm this info being true then I will gladly admit that I'm wrong.

L O L
so wait
one dumdum (you) tests it without ze mathz
many smartsmarts (them) test it with ze mathz
you>them??

no sir. other way around. when you have math to back up your statement let me know, but even just by FEELING/watching a recording of yourself you should be able to see IAS helps CoB.

misinformation = spread by you. stop posting.

lol why u trolling heyguyslol?

I have also done testing on this and found the same results as he claimed about the dmg buff speed on CoB. Tested this on Ghom, recorded it then put the recording into adobe premiere and went frame by frame on dmg ticks to see if the dmg buff was sped up by AS.

Tested using skorn, spear, axe, sword, and dagger with various attack speeds. Based on the numbers given in the time recorded going frame by frame from the video it is clear that what heyguyslol tested (I'm assuming he did a very similar test to come to this conclusion as well as I did) that the more ias you have does not actually help increase the "ramp up" time of the dmg buff of CoB.

So quit your trolling as someone stated earlier heyGuYslol is actually spreading correct information.
Reply Quote
My $0.02 IAS is valuable, in moderation. Bears is my main DPS weapon, and I find it to be most effective with my play style at 1.75 - 1.89 APS due to the overall build mechanic I'm aiming for.

I don't just rely on bears to kill things in the since that I am spamming them constantly, In many cases, I will switch out attacks for range (e.g. switching to spiders) or need to summon and /or explode a puppy to make more mana, and the casting of both of those skills benefit from higher IAS.
Edited by max0r#1648 on 5/16/2013 3:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So from what others have test its true that there is some sort of timer that starts when CoB is started casting and reaches 1000% dps after 5 seconds

I have actually never tested this myself. I do not have the video recording skills that some of you have.

I didnt actually use any math here either as you cant really use math to determine if CoB ramps up faster.

If I were you id test this again using various level6 white dmg weapon with a +35 min dmg ring/ammy so that you get the same min/max dmg without any critchance/crit dmg. Then retest this on like nightmare zombies or something. This way there is absolutely minial variance from the critting which is only 5%.

If you test with real gear on ghom you could get variable numbers from criting.

lastly about the armor vs resist, all im saying is the 15:1 and 10:1 rule both dont hold true for all cases. If you understood the math behind how the Dmg reduction is calculated, you would understand that the less Armor vs AR you have, the more valuble each point of armor is going to be in the sense of damage reduction. and the vice versa holds true, as in the case of my barbarian which has more armor than AR.

your monk probably has like 700-800ar and 4k armor so thats why its still a 15:1 ratio.
Reply Quote

your monk probably has like 700-800ar and 4k armor so thats why its still a 15:1 ratio.

My monk has 3500 armor without StI and 600 AR.
Reply Quote
truthfully, you're wrong, because if you want to run it more effectively (bats), you'll run IAS at a manageable mana breakpoint.

and no, i don't go OOM in anything except ubers.. but i'm pretty sure everyone knows to run 2h when soloing ubers.

Well I won't argue too much but if you ever want to show me I would love to stand next to you in molten, desecrator, fast reflect and spam bears non stop and see you not go OOM.

Ill be standing right next to you...lets see who dies and who survives...

IAS is the worst to add to a WD and if you say otherwise you really don't get WD builds.
All the videos online of WD running MP10 all go "need more mana"

0dog is the only build that benefit from IAS

Have a great day an hit me up in game anytime to show me you can sustain mana longer than me...
Reply Quote
lol u guys are still arguing over this, pretty funny. I dont think this topic is worth trolling each other over and wasting more time.

Group A believes IAS increases dmg buff
Group B doesnt

Why don't we just let everyone *believe* what they want and just play the game?

Even If i uploaded the videos I had which Im not even sure I still have anymore I still think there will be those of you who are going to buy into the "ze mathz" lol, which is cool if it helps u sleep better at night believing that then by all means go for it.

All I was trying to say is that there's on paper numbers "ze mathz" and in game numbers and times. I have chosen to *believe* what the game is telling me based off of the blizzard tool tip *and* the dmg numbers based on the time frames going frame by frame in a video editor as someone mentioned earlier.

So lets just drop it

Group A u go to your corner and
Group B u go to your corner

end of WAR...
Reply Quote
lol u guys are still arguing over this, pretty funny. I dont think this topic is worth trolling each other over and wasting more time.

Group A believes IAS increases dmg buff
Group B doesnt

Why don't we just let everyone *believe* what they want and just play the game?

Even If i uploaded the videos I had which Im not even sure I still have anymore I still think there will be those of you who are going to buy into the "ze mathz" lol, which is cool if it helps u sleep better at night believing that then by all means go for it.

All I was trying to say is that there's on paper numbers "ze mathz" and in game numbers and times. I have chosen to *believe* what the game is telling me based off of the blizzard tool tip *and* the dmg numbers based on the time frames going frame by frame in a video editor as someone mentioned earlier.

So lets just drop it

Group A u go to your corner and
Group B u go to your corner

end of WAR...

I can't argue with the master of 0dog...
Going to my corner now...with my low IAS build...lol
Reply Quote

Well I won't argue too much but if you ever want to show me I would love to stand next to you in molten, desecrator, fast reflect and spam bears non stop and see you not go OOM.

IAS is the worst to add to a WD and if you say otherwise you really don't get WD builds.

Have a great day an hit me up in game anytime to show me you can sustain mana longer than me...

Add me in game, im stacking alot of ias running the show @1.83 aps. I pb till max stack, zb till mana oom, sac, summon, repeat. No "I need more mana" on my screen.
I dont bother myself with widow, br, gi or any mana regen crap. Oh i even use ptv.

0 dog isnt the only one that benefit from max ias. Get your fact straight. You obviously never try hybrid 2 sec dog.

Yes im working on my ehp. But this post isnt about that.

Edit: pob -> pb. sorry for the confusion (with cob)
Edited by B25HLG#1772 on 5/16/2013 6:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Add me in game, im stacking alot of ias running the show @1.83 aps. I pob till max stack, zb till mana oom, sac, summon, repeat.
I dont bother myself with widow, br, gi or any mana regen crap. Oh i even use ptv.

0 dog isnt the only one that benefit from max ias. Get your fact straight. You obviously never try hybrid 2 sec dog.

Yes im working on my ehp. But this post isnt about that

Oh boy...you are right...I have never heard of Hybrid build or the build that Raki promotes.
I'm only Paragon Level 100 without ever trying a different build.

So sorry for my ignorance...thank you for showing me the way.

Thank you sir, I will start stacking IAS too from now, what was I even thinking!
My deepest apologies!
Reply Quote
Nubtro's testing was very methodical so I tend to accept them. I've been using PB since before 1.0.4 (was using a slow 2-h mace) and I can definitely tell that the damage ramps up faster with AS. The PB mechanic's are a little different than CoB so it might behave differently. I wouldn't be shocked if the tooltip is wrong though...
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 11:29 PMPosted by heyguyslol
S is also bad for Bears in much the same way, some are going to post that this is not true because Bears isn't considered a channeled skill but it works in a very similar way which is why u want low IAS for Bears.
im good with 1,78 aps - no matter what ;)
Edited by KadaverjunkY#2876 on 5/16/2013 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile

Add me in game, im stacking alot of ias running the show @1.83 aps. I pob till max stack, zb till mana oom, sac, summon, repeat.

Oh boy...you are right...I have never heard of Hybrid build or the build that Raki promotes.

Thank you sir, I will start stacking IAS too from now, what was I even thinking!
My deepest apologies!

Barry, you have no idea what the heck you are doing...just give up bro! lol

on the brightside, if you were to add IAS on 2-3 more pieces, your dps will go through the roof....and i'd respect you a lot more. But right now, your char is crap. NO respect from me (hoping that you sense some sarcasm in my post)
Reply Quote

My deepest apologies!

@BarryBoy

wow man 101k health, good resists, and 230k dps very nice, wish i had health that high with good dps, good job, you're a BEAST!!!
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 5/16/2013 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote

My deepest apologies!

Lol sarcasm gets nowhere. I never suggest nor imply you stack ias with your current build. Just saying 0 dog isnt the only thing that benefit from max ias. No apologies needed :)
Reply Quote
So many super Wd's posting on this topic

first of all top dog zero-dog heyguys on this topic

Barry running super high EHP wd,
I think the vit is alittle over the top, id sacrifice some vit for dps,
that mitigation is just godly for 1h LS user. i myself am planning to drop 5-10k dps for about 1k armor more and 70 more ar. (going to get crit mempos+ 250vit 330 armor zunis)
his setup equivalent to a 600ar, 3k armor 5.3% ls skorn user while having much more EHP.

B25HLG running a super unique hybrid build. IDK the effectiveness because you have to break COB to summon dogs so maybe having that many -cd dogs items isnt that good.
and wth, no soulharvest for free 80k dps?
as cool as your spec is, i think you are gimping yourself in game play. D:

idk what hell I am, somewhere near the top, at least I have gg main hand+OH working on the rest of the pieces.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]