Diablo® III

Fields of Misery Caves

MVP - Technical Support
View profile
05/17/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Grimiku
Anyone have a fun farming route that incorporates side dungeons? What about a favorite side dungeon you’re always on the lookout for?

I can tell you what not to look out for - The Watch Tower. It might as well not even exist anymore. Despite the fact you might get it an average of 1 in 8 times, it got nerfed so heavily that it's actually ignored now because it's such a massive opportunity loss.
Reply Quote
i remember the old watch tower...that was my main farming place back in the day. once i went in there and it was full of 12 elite packs...was insane.
Reply Quote
Thank you Grimiku for passing along our frustration with how lame Watch Tower is now!! Here's my thought on it.
Re-Buff it. Make it spawn less. ^_^ Could you please tell us what the devs think about rebuffing it?

I was so disappointed the last time I visited it.. in level 1 there was only one elite and he was in a dead end. level 2 was just 1 elite and the chest. Boo. Watch Tower was interesting because you could end up in a fight against 2 elites at the same time in close quarters, adding to the challenge.

As for the Fields of Misery, I randomly explored the mine with my buddy, and it was awesome how many plague nests were in it. Thumbs up to the devs on that one :)
Edited by swingingman#1660 on 5/20/2013 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I keep looking for the Endless Watch tower? I hear it has no bottom in it? And the further down you go the more is smells like Sulfer and Ash? Also people say you can hear the faint screams and crys of human torcher? Sounds like a place to explore?

Food for thought
Reply Quote
I played ACt 2 yesterday because it was finally nice and sunny outside, so I thought why not play Act2? But I still hate Act so I went back to Act 1. Defiled Crypt is awesome, so many zombies. The scavenger caves and moon clan caves are good too, but those unique monsters should be much harder and should drop better loot.
Reply Quote
Den of the Fallen in the Weeping Hollows is awesome :)

Ton of squishy bats and rats (a.k.a. scavengers/zerglings) and also a Resplendent Chest to boot in the second level.
Reply Quote
I hate all the places that give good loot and great exp and I love the places that drop whites and yield hardly any experience.

o.o (poker face)

LOL
Reply Quote
I was in the habit of skipping these as well, but a couple of group members suggested we clear them out the other day. I was pleasantly surprised with the results, and now I try not to miss them. I like the variety, and exploration aspect they add. I’ve got to agree with some of the other posters in this thread, though, the Decaying Crypt in the Fields of Misery is particularly awesome.

Anyone have a fun farming route that incorporates side dungeons? What about a favorite side dungeon you’re always on the lookout for?

The few dungeons I was really hoping for didn't seem to take into effect at all with the last patch...such as Ice Cavern and Underbridge in act 3. Was highly dissapointed when trying them for the first time since patch. Please fix this in upcoming patches...im sure people would like to add them to their runs.
Reply Quote
The only reason Decayed Crypts is great, is because it's an EXTRA dungeon spawn in the Fields of Misery. Yes, it's got great mob density, but the best part is you can still find The Lost Mine or Scavenger's Den.

I like that. I like the idea of more random dungeon spawns. If I walked around Fields of misery thinking 'wonder if it's gonna be the mine or the den", then that's not really fun.

I don't directly go for side dungeons, I just do the ones on my usual route that are worth going into. Which, as it stands, is only the ones that received a buff in 1.0.8. The crap in Act 3 still sucks, and the ones in Act 4 still suck (not counting Hell Rifts, those are technically not "side" dungeons).
Edited by Kupo#1759 on 5/20/2013 3:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
group members suggested we clear them out the other day. I was pleasantly surprised with the results

Ahhh! this density is fun and should be as fun for more places in the game too
Reply Quote
I was in the habit of skipping these as well, but a couple of group members suggested we clear them out the other day. I was pleasantly surprised with the results, and now I try not to miss them. I like the variety, and exploration aspect they add. I’ve got to agree with some of the other posters in this thread, though, the Decaying Crypt in the Fields of Misery is particularly awesome.

i farm then all the time but the drop rate as far as i know if nerfed a lot on those bats. I dont recall more then 1-2 legendaries in the caves. The only good drop rate on legendaries is on the fields off the Minotaur.
Reply Quote
Forgotten Ruins is quickly becoming my new favorite. VoA pathing with godly amounts of skeletons.
Reply Quote
05/17/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Grimiku
I'm becoming more and more of a sucker for the Act 4 Hell Rifts. Talk about packed with mobs! O.o

I keep hearing that these are a lot of fun, but I haven't been to them since patch 1.0.8. Maybe I'll try to do an Act IV run tonight, and see for myself.

Yeah give us back the watch tower please. Always full of packs (3-7). Very sad it got nerfed to the groud because we were having so much fun in there

We'll pass along the feedback, thanks!

lol even the CMs don't Act 4.
Reply Quote

I like to hit side dungeons periodically for a change of pace. No particular favorites at the moment

There is one that has really disappointed me post-1.08, though . . .

I stumbled on the Cave of the Burrowing Horror the other day, decided to clear it and the place just felt EMPTY compared to every other area I'd been in that game. I mean, it totally felt like it got forgotten about in the mob density changes
Maybe it was just a fluke, I've only encountered it the one time since 1.08 launched, but that one jaunt through there was very disappointing
Reply Quote
Act 1 is great to farm now after the patch. And I always loved the decaying crypt before, the family is one of my favorite events/areas, and now with the density, too nice.

Also Scavengers Den is really nice.

The highlands density is still too low, I don't touch it. Same with leo's hunting ground.

Act 2 is great to farm as well, but the desolate sands density needs a boost for how big the area is.
Edited by Blazed#1322 on 5/20/2013 6:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
NEVER Tell blizzard something is fun. OMG they gonna nerf all these good spots now...
Reply Quote
05/17/2013 02:41 PMPosted by Professional
I hate all the places that give good loot and great exp and I love the places that drop whites and yield hardly any experience.

I, too, frequent areas with few monsters, and avoid those with large crowds. I really enjoy the experience of running through empty levels. I hope that Blizzard do not get rid of them.
Reply Quote
Act 1 awesome ... Act 4 no good. It is at least 1mp,more difficult and is horrible for xp per hr. true hell rifts have mobs, but mallet lords and those meteor incinerators make savage beasts loom like panzies. Act 4 needs big time xp and MF buff
Edited by SneakyDog#1174 on 5/20/2013 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I loved looking for the tower on act 1 an honestly it hasent spawned for me in weeks.. 10+ act 1 runs :(.. why does it not spawn n e more???
Reply Quote
I gotta say, I was at Best Buy the morning D2 released and it changed everything in gaming for me....for a handful of years at least. When D3 came out I did not have the proper set-up or funds to get the game but my friends got it and played it but I chose to take the hater route and say it was just bad bad. I've spent the entire "Anniversary Week" playing with the Demon Hunter and I have to say this game is just unbelievably, mind-blowingly, call-outta-work-for-3-days-in-a-row, AMAZING. I apologize Blizzard for shunning you b/c of WoW and I am now, once again, cradling you back in my arms. Here's to the next few years and all the surprises, expansions, new playable heros and even simple things like new abilities and runes on the already existing heros we KNOW Blizzard is going to deliver us. People should embrace as much change as they are willing to offer us as with a game such as this, it would be uncharted territory and could just end up making WoW look like kids stuff. Oh and for me it has to be The Pit in Hell Mode lol. RIP dat shiz fo sho
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]