Diablo® III

Fields of Misery Caves

The absolutely best cave in the entiregame has got to be Vault of the Assasin, located in Desolate Sands in Act 2. Relatively small and PACKED with elites. 6-10 packs, 1-2 goblins.
Reply Quote
05/17/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Grimiku
Anyone have a fun farming route that incorporates side dungeons? What about a favorite side dungeon you’re always on the lookout for?

We talk a lot about this in the office. We feel it would be too much of a burden on us if we felt that we were forced to incorporate some of the side dungeons into our daily farming routine. So we talk about it some more in the office and plan to have a dozen iterations or so, exploring alternative dungeons in varying sequences. Our preliminary report is on track to be released around mid 4th quarter of this year and you may expect our official response around February or March, 2014.
Reply Quote
The caves are awsome but as for weeping hollow.. Do you guys ever wish the zombies moved a little fast so they would group up a little better.. It feals like i have to back track alot to finish off the straglers
Reply Quote
I never skip Decaying Crypt in Act 1! It's a lot of fun. I have been visiting the Hell Rifts in Act 4 too! If you haven't been, check it out! It's quite fun too.
Reply Quote
05/17/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Grimiku
Anyone have a fun farming route that incorporates side dungeons? What about a favorite side dungeon you’re always on the lookout for?

They aren't routes, per sé, since their availability is random. There are a couple of side dungeons in A2 I never pass up. Two of my favorites are the Tomb of Khan (which always makes me think of "The Wrath of Khan") and the Cave of Burrowing Horror, which is usually good for three to five elite mobs.

They are kind of opposites in terms of length, but they are otherwise similar. Both require fighting an elite/unique to start the dungeon, and both have a bonus reward at the end (tomb and resplendent chests, respectively). The Khan seems like the right size, length, and challenge for a small side dungeon, unlike the cellars which seem just not worth doing. The Horror is sprawling and varied enough to make me want to finish it.

In short, good start, good end.

In my opinion, A4 side dungeons are the most lackluster, seeming extremely repetitive and meager in terms of rewards.
Reply Quote
A nice, comprehensive list of the side dungeons of D3 can be found at the following URL:

http://www.rarityguide.com/articles/articles/2463/1/Diablo-3-Act-I-Random-Dungeons-Guide/Page1.html
Reply Quote
was in the habit of skipping these as well, but a couple of group members suggested we clear them out the other day. I was pleasantly surprised with the results, and now I try not to miss them. I like the variety, and exploration aspect they add. I’ve got to agree with some of the other posters in this thread, though, the Decaying Crypt in the Fields of Misery is particularly awesome. Anyone have a fun farming route that incorporates side dungeons? What about a favorite side dungeon you’re always on the lookout for?

I smell a nerf mole...

Beware...lol
Reply Quote
Posted by GrimikuAnyone have a fun farming route that incorporates side dungeons? What about a favorite side dungeon you’re always on the lookout for?

Vault of Assassins in Desolate Sands act 2, is a good spot packed with elite packs now.
Edited by twistedsoul#1209 on 5/21/2013 7:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Me: The Tower is up guys... my flag
Player 2: Tower was nerf dude...
Me: really?... damn... nvm head to halls
Player1: Is decaying up?...
Me: nope...
Player1: Is scavengers or Mines up in fields?
Me: nope... just the farm
Player2: what about dungeon in weeping?
Me: nope
Player2: ...
Me: don't kill kw yet... need 1 more stack
Player4: later guys...I'm out.. the whole run is nerfed without the dungeons
<Player4 has left the game. The minions of Hell grow weaker>
<Player1 has left the game. The minions of Hell grow weaker>

Me: WTF!!!!
<Player2 has left the game. The minions of Hell grow weaker>
Reply Quote
05/17/2013 03:54 PMPosted by Moridin6
Personally finding act 2 and 3 caves better to skip, act 1 rocks though

So you do also skip vault of assassins? You're kidding right?
Reply Quote
OMG best post on the forum

Posted by Grimiku

We talk a lot about this in the office. We feel it would be too much of a burden on us if we felt that we were forced to incorporate some of the side dungeons into our daily farming routine. So we talk about it some more in the office and plan to have a dozen iterations or so, exploring alternative dungeons in varying sequences. Our preliminary report is on track to be released around mid 4th quarter of this year and you may expect our official response around February or March, 2014.

lolololol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]