Diablo® III

Rubber banding STILL very present.

(Locked)

Cant clear any 1 zone in MP10 without rubber banding cross map to my death.... This needs attention paid to it, as this was supposedly fixed. This is far from working.
Agreed. It's terrible. Has there been any acknowledgement by blizzard that their patch failed to fix anything?
Not a single blue response to my knowledge. I just don't understand how you deploy a patch to fix this particular issue, yet its very present. A tad baffled.
I've been having the same problems since PTR, pre-patch, and post-patch.

Monk is my worst nightmare when it comes to rubberbanding. 1 WOL and a full 4 seconds of TR will net me a complete revert back to my previous location, coupled with a death that apparently happened backwards in time...I feel like Marty McFly...except dead...all the time.
I've been having the same problems since PTR, pre-patch, and post-patch.

Monk is my worst nightmare when it comes to rubberbanding. 1 WOL and a full 4 seconds of TR will net me a complete revert back to my previous location, coupled with a death that apparently happened backwards in time...I feel like Marty McFly...except dead...all the time.

I feel you dude. I pull like 1/4 map pulls on MP10 Fields and I'll go to grab shrine, get a 1-2 sec lag spike, and I'm laying dead half a map away. Its utterly ridiculous.
Edited by VzwsoN#1694 on 5/17/2013 6:01 PM PDT
Yup, still broken. Not happening as often but still happening at times when in large packs.
Wow I just logged on the forums to post about this. It is getting really frustrating. I feel sorry for anyone playing WW barb on hardcore.
05/17/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Dyzrel
Wow I just logged on the forums to post about this. It is getting really frustrating. I feel sorry for anyone playing WW barb on hardcore.

This.
Yeah, the rubber banding is awful right now.

Not to mention it feels like several fixes from previous patches just got reverted.
- Enemies with "charge up" attacks like Dark Berserkers can actually change direction in the middle of their big attacks.
- It seems to me that my character is more subject to "flinching" while under attack again. I am not 100% sure when, but I thought this was removed in a previous patch.
Got banded back into a pack of savage beasts charging off screen. Left me saying out loud, "REALLLLLLLLLLY?"

That's what finally pushed me over the edge to post -_-
What exactly is "rubber-banding"? I have put about 300 hours into this game and at least half that amount in the forums and I still don't know what this is.
Edited by Darkul#1370 on 5/17/2013 6:50 PM PDT
What is exactly is "rubber-banding"? I have put about 300 hours into this game and at least half that amount in the forums and I still don't know what this is.

It's when you lag severely on the server causing you to skip place on the map. You fling around the map helpless until the spike ends. If your a barb/monk/dh its 100% happened to you. It usually results in a death 95% of the time.
Edited by VzwsoN#1694 on 5/17/2013 6:52 PM PDT
I feel like the rubberbanding has gottten worse post-patch. It's pretty depressing when 90%+ of your deaths are coming from this. Fixed? Not even close.
i never rubber banded until the recent 1.0.8a
05/17/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Mat
I feel like the rubberbanding has gottten worse post-patch. It's pretty depressing when 90%+ of your deaths are coming from this. Fixed? Not even close.

I agree. My friends ALWAYS complained about it, but I never really had many issues. Not a run goes by now that it doesn't happen.
05/17/2013 06:51 PMPosted by VzwsoN
What is exactly is "rubber-banding"? I have put about 300 hours into this game and at least half that amount in the forums and I still don't know what this is.

It's when you lag severely on the server causing you to skip place on the map. You fling around the map helpless until the spike ends. If your a barb/monk/dh its 100% happened to you. It usually results in a death 95% of the time.
Ah, thanks.

I guess it's lucky for me that I didn't know what it is.

Although I have experienced exactly that, but only when someone else is pulling on my wifi (or I am downloading from Steam).
Edited by Darkul#1370 on 5/17/2013 6:59 PM PDT
Yes, my Barbarian is still rubberbanding which in turns doesn't let me get life leech procs and gain fury.

However, every post I've seen about this doesn't get acknowledged but DOES get moved to the support forum (which no blues have responded to this issue to anyway).
05/17/2013 06:51 PMPosted by VzwsoN

It's not lag that is causing this, I assure you. It's some code that has to do with movement speed, as this only happens to people with abilities that affect their movement speed.
05/17/2013 06:52 PMPosted by Blackthorne
i never rubber banded until the recent 1.0.8a

Same.
05/17/2013 07:03 PMPosted by Popinski

It's not lag that is causing this, I assure you. It's some code that has to do with movement speed, as this only happens to people with abilities that affect their movement speed.

Guess its more fair to say its a hiccup in the coding directly linked to the server. The banding only occurs on large pack sizes which makes me always cry lag.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]