Diablo® III

Rubber banding STILL very present.

(Locked)

just move to console, no rubberbanding, no downtime, and no lost hc characters to lag
Rubberbanding has gotten way worse for me as well. I never really understood how it affected people so heavily. Now I understand. Oddly enough, after it has been fixed.
True story, barbarians are impossible to be played on hardcore.
Offline mode
Seems to me that this issue goes away for a while then comes back. Never happens in other online games (including SC2), never have any IE browsing slowness while it's occurring, and continuous pings and trace routes don't show any delays at all.

Queue the "can't be a problem with Blizzard servers, must be on your end. Upgrade your system" fanboys.

09/04/2013 05:48 AMPosted by NoD
Offline mode

Nothing would make me happier.
09/03/2013 06:18 PMPosted by jtcdgroup
People say WW causes rubberbanding. Yes I've experienced it while performing WW but I also experienced it when I'm not doing WW. The core game programming has severe issues in itself

Me too, my S + B HC barb rubber bands and no WW involved. Stopped playing HC because of it.

No question it has become worse. When they design these games, they need to have everyone work remotely over an average connection. I'm sure most of the design work happens local to the servers so they have no issues.

BTW, any decent network engineer worth his salt with a network sniffer could tell you what was wrong and where.
Edited by GenghisKhan#1476 on 9/4/2013 6:35 AM PDT
Yeah same with me, stable internet, then When I farm I always die due to rubberbanding, which made me stop playing cuz repair really is high and I die not because of my foolishness.
Get a better internet connection. That's what it really boils down to. Prior to all of the hot fixes I had the same frustrating issues. Since then I have upgraded my internet connection substantially and obviously installed all of the hot fixes, because let's face it - we have no choice in the matter (DRM). Letting the game "buffer" a bit before heading straight into the fields of misery etc. will help as well. Give it a minute or two when you first boot up. If you're still having problems after taking these steps (if you do), I doubt Blizz will be able to fix the issue.
I still firmly believe that 99 percent of this is direct lag, whether caused by slowdown due to processing effects on the screen (high intense spells and lots of monsters) and or due to issues with the internet/router/modem/ISP.

I rarely get the amount of banding many describe here. And I have a crappy DSL connection at 8mb down .5mb up. If I get the occasional hiccup, I kill the modem, reboot it, and boom. Its fixed for a long while.

I keep the system fairly clean, no extra crap running, trying to do update checks, whatever. If there are 3 or 4 of us online at the same time, yeah, it rubberbands all over the place. But if I kick a couple of them off, or knock my brother off of netflix, it works just fine.

Amazing isn't it?
I rubberband on my monk (tempest rush) and barb (whirl wind) only. I rubberband on other peoples computers on connections in different cities etc... but yet you'll always get Lylirras famous copy pasta its not us its you a pure cop-out and it would be better that she not even reply than just copy pasta that nonsense. It's defiantly a server side desync and they have no idea how to fix it, the same issue exists in PoE but their response to the issue is much more sensible than what you get here.
I was playing my barb today on Inferno act III (MP3) and I was spinning away from one of those demons that burp up the swallowed demons. (you know, while raising that catapult.)

Anyway, I spun away and rubber banded back. I spun away again, and rubber banded back. Spun away, rubber banded back. Continue until you count EIGHT rubber bands.

Then I just ran away because the wizard in my party had killed the stuff by now.

OMG. 8 times!?
I mean, I put up with one, that's actually kinda acceptable if it doesn't kill me. Two, a bit insufferable.
EIGHT? Inconceivable.
Letting the game "buffer" a bit before heading straight into the fields of misery etc. will help as well. Give it a minute or two when you first boot up. If you're still having problems after taking these steps (if you do), I doubt Blizz will be able to fix the issue.

If you have to let the game 'buffer' (your words) before you play, you have more than an internet issue. I have no such problem and can jump right in. I still have rubber banding and lag, lots of it. Tracert shows ping times no slower than .47ms at the slowest point.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]