Diablo® III

Rubber banding STILL very present.

(Locked)

Yeah, the rubber banding is awful right now.

Not to mention it feels like several fixes from previous patches just got reverted.
- Enemies with "charge up" attacks like Dark Berserkers can actually change direction in the middle of their big attacks.
- It seems to me that my character is more subject to "flinching" while under attack again. I am not 100% sure when, but I thought this was removed in a previous patch.

To add to this:

- Clicking on an enemy to attack will sometimes not actually attack it, but just move your character in that direction.
- Clicking on an item while push-to-toggle-item display is enabled will not pick up the item, but just move you in that direction.
- Life Leech sometimes just doesn't work (this applies to skills as well like Demon Hunter's Shadow Power - Gloom).
- Tornadoes that should be proccing from Barbarians's Sprint - Run Like the Wind don't actually proc sometimes.
- Barbarians sometimes do not generate fury while holding down the Whilrwind button.
Aw Ma Gawd. ANNOYING
05/17/2013 07:03 PMPosted by Popinski
t's not lag that is causing this, I assure you. It's some code that has to do with movement speed, as this only happens to people with abilities that affect their movement speed.

Not entirely true, It happens to me regardless what I am doing or what character I am playing (not just my WW barb). I could be standing still and within 30 seconds, it will lag spike horribly. It all started with the 1.0.8 patch and it's definitely on the server end, though blues seems to be ignoring this.
Had issues with this all day on HC mode, amazing my barb didn't die...they supposedly fixed it but it's gotten pretty bad today...not sure why.
Bliz, I ask once more:

did WE ask you to put the ****ing game online????

did WE beg you to leash the game to your unstable servers?

NO!

YOUR arrogance, YOUR ignorance, YOUR greed, YOUR incompetence, utter stupidity and insufferable lies led to all this.

And once more, I shall say this:

if you want us to act like mmorpg players that badly, we shall very happily grant your wish.

No more of that "sorry about the inconvenience" bs, no more "we'll get to it later".

fix the server,

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by MichaelZero#1506 on 5/18/2013 12:08 AM PDT
05/17/2013 11:25 PMPosted by Supes
Had issues with this all day on HC mode, amazing my barb didn't die...they supposedly fixed it but it's gotten pretty bad today...not sure why.

Grats for getting through the day man. It was realllllllllllly bad today.
Edited by VzwsoN#1694 on 5/18/2013 12:09 AM PDT
Had a new pretty funny symptom of lag/rubberbanding with the barb. 1 pack of elites w/no nados up, just HoTA continuously, after the 3rd hit didn't get any life regen and fury stayed max, my hota animation kept looping with the elites attacks for 5 full seconds, then death screen popped with all 4 elites standing on my head.

This is definitely a server side issue, some of the lag could be attributed to player hardware, but certainly not the worst of it. I'll have a stable 49-60fps in a huge pack then the frame rate crashes to near 0, rubberband hits, back to 60=death.
Playing on EU server, but my monk looks like she is dancing, she has low movement speed, even without tempest rush, she moves a few feet then jumps back from where she started 2 or 3 times per second.
Yeah, the rubber banding is awful right now.

Not to mention it feels like several fixes from previous patches just got reverted.
- Enemies with "charge up" attacks like Dark Berserkers can actually change direction in the middle of their big attacks.
- It seems to me that my character is more subject to "flinching" while under attack again. I am not 100% sure when, but I thought this was removed in a previous patch.

To add to this:

- Clicking on an enemy to attack will sometimes not actually attack it, but just move your character in that direction.
- Clicking on an item while push-to-toggle-item display is enabled will not pick up the item, but just move you in that direction.
- Life Leech sometimes just doesn't work (this applies to skills as well like Demon Hunter's Shadow Power - Gloom).
- Tornadoes that should be proccing from Barbarians's Sprint - Run Like the Wind don't actually proc sometimes.
- Barbarians sometimes do not generate fury while holding down the Whilrwind button.

Now I understand why I dont get either life or fury sometimes ...

Seriously. Will they ever fix this game ... its one year after release.
My Monk is unplayable right now and this really stinks with the xp/mf bonus going on.
My husband was having issues with it today, on his WW Barb. Meanwhile I had few problems with my (currently not TR) Monk. He'd go to WW somewhere (all the while with no damage popping up) and I wouldn't see him move at all and then on his screen he'd end up back where he started.

I imagine that if I were TRing I'd have been having issues today, too. Likewise for my younger DH, who is Strafe Spec.

Perhaps, though, I can use this as just one more encouragement for him to try a HotA build for multiplayer ;)
I have no problem with Rubberbanding right now.

Is it because I just stand, gloom, and rapidfire clumps of mobs without ever moving except with vault?

Probably.

Mwaha.
Well, didn't read any of the other posts, but since the "fix" in 1.0.8a I've been rubberbanding around like crazy.
I've never had any rubberbanding, ever, prior to that patch.
This patch broke more than it fixed, 7 out of 10 times when I rubberband, I end up being slaughtered cause I'm not where I'm supposed to be.
Do they even test their patches before they release them? even a little bit at all?
If you are whirl winding and you don't hear any sound effects stop what you are doing. L2P.
Is it because I just stand, gloom, and rapidfire clumps of mobs without ever moving except with vault?

It is much less common than with builds which constantly move, but Vault can rubberband, as well. This is different from accidentally vaulting twice, which I will admit I'm guilty of sometimes ;)
Bunch of HC players (particularly WW barbs) have lost high paragon level characters because of this crap.
I have Google Fiber, 750 down, 750 up avg (wow, zing!) and I still rubber band...a LOT. Trust me guys, it's their problem.
05/18/2013 04:56 AMPosted by spectr3
If you are whirl winding and you don't hear any sound effects stop what you are doing. L2P.

I play with all sound off unfortunately.
Edited by Mnemosyne#2419 on 5/18/2013 5:30 AM PDT
Thominator
View profile
Bunch of HC players (particularly WW barbs) have lost high paragon level characters because of this crap.

This^^,
Is why I don't play HC. If there was an offline then I would. Losing your character because of lag, disconnects from battlenet, rubber banding, and other programming bugs would definitely ruin my day.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]