Diablo® III

Rubber banding STILL very present.

(Locked)

I have had this exact issue as well....and no its not just barbs, monks and dh. I run a wd and cm wizz and it happens all the time. I dont have a monster machine but here are my specs....By no means is it a hardware issue.....def. server side....It is ridiculous how bad it has gotten.....

I5-2500k oc'ed 4.6 @ 1.28v under load at 60celcius
8 gig pc1600 @ 7-8-7 timings
460 v2 oc'ed too 900/2025 @ 65 under load
05/18/2013 06:43 AMPosted by Ensky01
It does not get acknowledged because you pussies complain about every single thing that pose a threat to your easy gaming, suck it up.

Really......we are p****** cause Blizz screws up their servers?? We shouldnt let them know that they have a serious issue server side?? This doesnt have anything to do with easy or not.....or did you not read the topic??
I think all the rubberbanding issues has to do with the monster density being cranked up so high. The severs are having a hard time synchronizing all the monsters with the players on the server.

Yes it sucks, as a WW barb its gotten me killed a couple of times.

But, id rather have the increased monster density and just deal with the rubber banding and hope it gets fixed soon.
05/18/2013 06:56 AMPosted by Exiter
I think all the rubberbanding issues has to do with the monster density being cranked up so high. The severs are having a hard time synchronizing all the monsters with the players on the server.

Unfortunately, I might just have too agree. As bad as that sucks to say........ cause I feel they are finally going in the right direction and listening too the players. I really like how this patch turned out besides the dupe issue.

Yes it sucks, as a WW barb its gotten me killed a couple of times.

But, id rather have the increased monster density and just deal with the rubber banding and hope it gets fixed soon.

Before the patch everyone was playing act 3 which already had high density so why would playing different acts with high density change that now?
Before the patch everyone was playing act 3 which already had high density so why would playing different acts with high density change that now?

Not everyone played only act 3.

certain quests of A1 can have more enemies onscreen than A3.

Higher density in all acts + much more player grouping.
Edited by Monsta#1979 on 5/18/2013 7:52 AM PDT
I dont care if I never see act 3 again, Im so sick of the same runs. I love the new options of the different acts.

I just installed an SSD. While it fixed the lag that ALWAYS happened for the first 15 secs when I started a new game, it didnt help the rubberbanding at all.

I have an i5 2500k+, Nvidia 560ti w/2g ram and 8 gigs of system ram, should be more than enough for this game. I think its a server/internet issue with the massive increase in density.
I did hundreds of COTA runs before the patch with no issues. From what I can tell the monster density has not changed there, but since the patch the same issues that have been described above above have begun happening quite often.

In fact it wasn't until 1.0.8a that the rubbing banding started. I have been playing since day one and have rever experienced anything like this. Sure I have seen this before, but not on the regular basis that it is occuring now.
I dont care if I never see act 3 again, Im so sick of the same runs. I love the new options of the different acts.

I just installed an SSD. While it fixed the lag that ALWAYS happened for the first 15 secs when I started a new game, it didnt help the rubberbanding at all.

I have an i5 2500k+, Nvidia 560ti w/2g ram and 8 gigs of system ram, should be more than enough for this game. I think its a server/internet issue with the massive increase in density.

I have a really close system too yours and was about to install a 240 vertex3 . I thought, why not give a try. Im glad I didnt waste my time. :)
Edited by Hitman#1258 on 5/18/2013 8:11 AM PDT
05/18/2013 04:56 AMPosted by spectr3
If you are whirl winding and you don't hear any sound effects stop what you are doing. L2P.

Sounds like a simple method, unless your insta banded into a pack of mobs?
It's a HUGE problem with Barbarians at least.

EVERY run I will notice it happening multiple times. Essentially EVERY time I die it's because I think I'll be spinning around doing damage, but won't be so instantly my regen is gone, and to the mobs for those few seconds I'll be standing in one spot doing nothing. = ~2-3 seconds of damage = death.

To Blizzard:

To recreate this bug:

Play as a barb with a typical 24% mov speed/sprint/WW/berserker build, and play a few runs. I notice the rubber banding effect happens typically when fury flux between empty, and full.

^ i feel as if the incredible movement speed brought out by 24% mov speed gear/sprint/berserker while engaging in combat is what causes the problem.
Edited by Desolater#1549 on 5/18/2013 10:17 AM PDT
Yep. Main is a barb here. I went to go play on MP ten a couple days ago and it was very apparent the rubber-banding fix wasnt even TOUCHED in this last OVER DONE PATCH. Pretty pathetic when you wait 2-3 hours over maintenance for something that wasn't even fixed. GET ON IT BLIZZ!
05/18/2013 10:16 AMPosted by PerkinCoffee
Yep. Main is a barb here. I went to go play on MP ten a couple days ago and it was very apparent the rubber-banding fix wasnt even TOUCHED in this last OVER DONE PATCH. Pretty pathetic when you wait 2-3 hours over maintenance for something that wasn't even fixed. GET ON IT BLIZZ!

I noticed what they tried to do, but it essentially makes it worse. Nowadays it's harder to even tell that it's happening before you are already dead. They basically masked it, only way I can tell is when my health starts dropping for no reason or I randomly stop doing damage, then I stop using WW and get teleported back a few seconds.
Edited by Desolater#1549 on 5/18/2013 10:19 AM PDT
05/18/2013 10:18 AMPosted by Desolater

I noticed what they tried to do, but it essentially makes it worse. Nowadays it's harder to even tell that it's happening before you are already dead. They basically masked it, only way I can tell is when my health starts dropping for no reason or I randomly stop doing damage, then I stop using WW and get teleported back a few seconds.

Its one of my biggest pet peeves at this point in D3. I don't even care if I never sell a thing on the AH again. The rubber-banding is annoying as an SOB. Cant exactly play how you want when your char is being flung around all of Satan's creation.
The rubberbanding only seems to happen for me now with the latest patch when the game is first loading.

Something makes a new zone load very slow and combat is initially very sporadic and unpredictable.

So I just load at first MP0 or 1 so I don't have to deal with 35k or more spent on repairs before I actually start playing. Once it smooths out it seems to be generally very fine. Then I can switch to whatever I feel like doing.
Rubberbanding sucks and definitely has gotten worse. I would notice it occasionally before patch, now its a constant battle to stay alive. Please Blizz, next time you tell us something is fixed, try it for yourself before releasing it.
I've been having this issue since 1.0.8 and contacted customer support who kept giving me generic responses til I had to call them out. They told me to contact my ISP, but I'm still doubtful about that because so many others are having the same issue. So unless everyone in this thread and many other threads are from my same area (tracert times out on the 2nd jump after my router/modem), I doubt that my ISP can fix Blizzards issue.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]