Diablo® III

Rubber banding STILL very present.

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Rubberbanding (especially as it relates to movement-based abilities like Whirlwind, Strafe, and Tempest Rush) is an issue that may not always come with a quick-fix. The source of the problem is not always easy to identify, and sometimes it may not always be the same thing for every player. As a result, there will be times where we implement potential fixes which we know will work for some players, but don't know if it'll work for all plays. In other cases, we'll make improvements -- i.e. changes that probably won't stop rubberbanding from happening completely, but should at least help reduce the frequency with which rubberbanding occurs. This was the case for 1.0.8a and with previous hotfixes we've made throughout the year. Again, we know these fixes may not resolve the issue for every player, but they should help reduce the occurrences of rubberbanding, and lessen the effects should rubberbanding occur for most players.

Now the important thing is that we're still working on these issues -- just because we implemented some changes that we hope will make the situation better doesn't mean we've called it day. So, if you're still experiencing rubberbanding, here are a few things you can do.

First, you can try performing the following troubleshooting steps to ensure that external causes are not adding to this issue (this isn't required, but recommended):

1. Ensure that your [url="https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/optimising-your-internet-connection-windows"]network connection is optimized[/url].
    2. Make sure that no other program is interfering with the game by running in a [url="http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications"]Selective Startup[/url].
    3. Check for [url="https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/driverupdates"]updates to any drivers[/url].

If those steps don't help -- or if you've chosen to skip them -- please let us know so we can continue looking into this issue by posting in the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/"]Bug Report forum[/url] (and be sure to check out this guide on reporting: [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926752662"]http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926752662[/url]). That's really the best location for those types of reports, as it'll allow our QA representatives to document them and forward them on to our development team for additional review.

(We want your experience in the Diablo III to be as fun as possible, so working on these issues is important to us. That also means we're extremely grateful for any reports receive that can help us troubleshoot -- so thank you to everyone who's already posted!)

Look, I really don't want to be rude, but seriously I don't care if you ban me for what I'm going to say:

Thanks for treating us like idiots.
05/20/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Lylirra
Like I noted, though, if you're still experiencing rubberbanding, best thing to do is drop a post in the Bug Report forum. That will make sure the information gets to where it needs to go so that the issue can be looked into further.

Like when people reported xp leveling in brawler, or like when they made a post after that on forums asking for attention, only to get their thread deleted.....
when did u guys fix this? oh yeahl that's right, after the streamers started letting people know it was possible....

for my part, i know i'm never going to waste time writing a bug report, because they simply don't get enough attention
05/20/2013 10:31 AMPosted by OddBall
my latency is 155 on diablo.

lol try playing in australia i get a solid 250 latency and i dont rubber band...
You know, I really don't like to come to the forums and rant about how bad the rubber banding has gotten since patch 1.08. Blizzard, what ever you did in this patch, you created this issue. I would expect a company of your size to make good on this and fix it. This issue is not on the players side, this is all server side. Only a few things I can think of that could cause this issue.

1. Your servers that you are using are overloaded and cant keep up.
2. You have a Main Ethernet Switch that has or is going bad and causing collusion.
3. And probly the issue is, You messed something up in the coding with the patch.

And No, Blizzard, I am not going to send you video or submit a bug report as we both know they are not given the proper amount of time and really looked into. So please look into this issue, and I mean really really look into this issue as it is affecting a ton of players.

Again, sorry for the rant, but this had to be said!!
Yea, this is getting out of control. I can't even play with friends anymore because it just get worst from there. This is been ongoing for a year now and they still won't admit that the issue is on their end.
I seem to have the most trouble with rubberbanding when dealing with Molten packs. Earlier I tried to tempest rush away from explosions and rubberbanded 4 times. I don't notice it much else any other time. It just always seems to be molten packs.
Yes, it´s still present.

This problem happened for me since the PTR patch and now with the supposed fix its worse than ever: insane lag spikes of 1-2 sec.

Those steps mentioned above by Lylirra doesn´t help either-

Please fix!!
1. Ensure that your network connection is optimized.

'Optimized' means 100Mb/s like in stupid California?

I confirm that rubberbanding actually got much worse after the patch. And before the patch everything was almost fine, without all this "get a better internet" and "update drivers"
I did not experience the issue until patch 1.08 went to production.

Computer experience - Too young for punch cards but did do Reel to Reel mylar tape. Also rebuilt HDD's that took two men to carry. 1200 baud was fast.
I haven't rubberbanded since the patch.
The rubber banding when 2-4 wizards are using Explosive Blast simutaneously is so painful to play through it makes this game pathetic considering I have 4 gigs of video ram, and 50mb connection.

PLEASE PLEASE, as for-mentioned, continue working to make a lag free low latency environment, for all of us players! You get MORE than enough investments as I have been to stock holders meetings and watch your quarterly figures and such. My entire retirement is based on your stock Acti-Bliz.

I know you have the $ and resources to correct this issue, especially with a RMAH going on exclusively for this game while still making money on Warcraft. And with COD coming, you guys will be booming with profit margins. My stock has gone up 5% in the past 2 weeks. NOW USE THAT MONEY I HAVE INVESTED ON BETTER CONNECTIONS- PLEASE!
Rubberbanding (especially as it relates to movement-based abilities like Whirlwind, Strafe, and Tempest Rush) is an issue that may not always come with a quick-fix. The source of the problem is not always easy to identify, and sometimes it may not always be the same thing for every player. As a result, there will be times where we implement potential fixes which we know will work for some players, but don't know if it'll work for all plays. In other cases, we'll make improvements -- i.e. changes that probably won't stop rubberbanding from happening completely, but should at least help reduce the frequency with which rubberbanding occurs. This was the case for 1.0.8a and with previous hotfixes we've made throughout the year. Again, we know these fixes may not resolve the issue for every player, but they should help reduce the occurrences of rubberbanding, and lessen the effects should rubberbanding occur for most players.

Now the important thing is that we're still working on these issues -- just because we implemented some changes that we hope will make the situation better doesn't mean we've called it day. So, if you're still experiencing rubberbanding, here are a few things you can do.

First, you can try performing the following troubleshooting steps to ensure that external causes are not adding to this issue (this isn't required, but recommended):

1. Ensure that your [url="https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/optimising-your-internet-connection-windows"]network connection is optimized[/url].
    2. Make sure that no other program is interfering with the game by running in a [url="http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications"]Selective Startup[/url].
    3. Check for [url="https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/driverupdates"]updates to any drivers[/url].

If those steps don't help -- or if you've chosen to skip them -- please let us know so we can continue looking into this issue by posting in the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/"]Bug Report forum[/url] (and be sure to check out this guide on reporting: [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926752662"]http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926752662[/url]). That's really the best location for those types of reports, as it'll allow our QA representatives to document them and forward them on to our development team for additional review.

(We want your experience in the Diablo III to be as fun as possible, so working on these issues is important to us. That also means we're extremely grateful for any reports receive that can help us troubleshoot -- so thank you to everyone who's already posted!)

I found a solution to this issue, it's called offline mode without an auction house with loot tables re balanced so players can actually play your game, a novel concept i know.
Edited by Karn#1763 on 5/21/2013 3:09 PM PDT
'Optimized' means 100Mb/s like in stupid California?

Whoa, lets leave California outta this.

BTW. I'm < 100 miles from San Diego and ruber band like crazy.
90 Pandaren Monk
Not exactly Rubberbanding here just like lag spikes constantly since patch when coming apon a new pack when people join a game or leave is when its the worst at that point it totally freezes for a sec or 2

My Rig
Hardware Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 635 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
Memory 8192MB RAM
Hard Drive 987 GB
Motherboard H-RS880-uATX (Aloe) motherboard
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Video Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
Physics Card No
Monitor HP w2338h
Sound Sound Card Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi)
Speakers Sound Blaster WoW WIRELESS Headset &Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Speaker Set
Peripherals Keyboard USB Root Hub
Mouse SteelSeries World of Warcraft MMO Gaming Mouse - 15-btn Mouse
Mouse Surface Wow Custom Mouse Pad
Computer Case Midsize ATX
Internet Comcast 20mb Down/10MB up Usual Latency 35 ms with 0 Packet loss

And i dont lag on other games like wow or rift so i can`t believe it could possibly be my end also all ports are set on router and i run game booster to pause background services etc.
Yes, something is apparently VERY wrong on blizards end. THEY HAVE MORE THAN THE CAPITOL to create more servers or more powerful ones to handle higher bandwidth loads, etc. We should not lag if we all pay for good internet to play, buy expensive video cards and computers, and spend 60$ on your game.

get
it
to
gether
Dear Blizzard,

Your users are not your QA team. Rubber-banding has been a problem since the game was released, and it's your responsibility to determine the root cause and then fix it. Stop asking players to send in videos and submit bug reports, you have people on your payroll that are supposed to be doing that. Players don't want to pitch in, we want a resolution.

That is all.

have only experienced this in this patch

*shrug*

05/17/2013 06:23 PMPosted by VzwsoN
Wow I just logged on the forums to post about this. It is getting really frustrating. I feel sorry for anyone playing WW barb on hardcore.

This.

Same stopped playing HC cause i almost died a few months back only to see they have yet to fix this.
I've had less rubber banding since the patch, with my tempest rush monk.

When it does happen, it seems to be because a mob does something that stops me moving - wallers, jailers or just walking in front of me. By the time my Australian 250 ms ping lets my computer know about it, I've TR'd half the screen away. Server says 'no way', and I get rubberbanded back to where I was.

I don't know if there's any solution for that, except putting more of the processing client-side.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]