Diablo® III

When does the anniversary buff end?

Would love that...random days with x3 MF or 4x gf... 2x xp etc...
Reply Quote
05/20/2013 04:19 PMPosted by DeathStar
It takes end at my birthday :(

Hey, my birthday is at May/22th too!!! Happy birthday to us geminian!!!!
Reply Quote
Hey Blizzard, may I suggest something? Buff every weekend! Each weekend, a new buff... Lets say:

• Weekend #1 - 25% XP + MF BUFF
  • Weekend #2 - 25% DMG BUFF
  • Weekend #3 - 50% SPEED BUFF
  • Weekend #4 - 25% DEFENSE BUFF

So:

Weekend#1 - Level your paragon on mid-high MP's!
Weekend#2 - Extra defense, go ubbers or higher MP's
Weekend#3 - Farm low MP faster or take your Pre Level 60 toons to 60
Weekend#4 - Extra damage, go ubbers!
Reply Quote
They need to do stuff keli this more often.

If they did this too frequently, people would start only playing during event bonuses.

When you have EXP bonuses on an FPS game, people will still play when the bonus is gone because the most fun part of the game is shooting people, and the EXP is just a side effect. But with a game like Diablo where a big part of the fun for most people is building their hero, frequent EXP boosts would lower activity instead of increasing it.

Good, now you can enjoy real life with friends on your birthday instead of wasting it on a videogame.
Edited by TLIoInferno#1551 on 5/21/2013 6:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/20/2013 04:22 PMPosted by PhfatNinja
How about extending it for one week so those like myself, that have real jobs, that don't allow us to be home for weeks at a time can also enjoy this buff. Just sayInf since I did get the collectors edition day one and preordered it. I would like to have a buff to this marvelous game that I play whenever I am home.

One idea is to make it a playtime limited buff - like after 48 hours of playtime and the buff goes poof.

I'm in the same boat except that I actually work every weekend and have Tuesdays off - Tuesday is always patch day. So it's difficult for me to utilize these calendar based buffage events. Much better if it was playtime based or even total EXP gained based, that way, no matter when you log on, you get the same perk as people who are able to play for many days in a row.
Edited by Droidiphile#1856 on 5/21/2013 6:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think it should end a little later, some of us dont have the time to play 24/7 and go to play this morn when I do have a chance and oh hey look server is down for another 4 hours! WTF?

Adding a line: not only that but even with the buff I've been getting crap items, my char is a barb and I'm getting good stuff for a wiz, or monk etc 90% of the time, the other 10% is stuff I just toss or sell cuz its crap too. lvl 37ish n getting drops for lvl 25+ anything I need or could use that drops has been crap I'm still using lvl 6 rings on the templar, scoundrel, etc cuz they have better stats, I figured the higher lvl stuff would be better then the lower lvl stuff but so far I cant say I've found much that is. at least in the way of amulets n rings.
Edited by drakken75#1201 on 5/21/2013 7:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
This should be extended until the end of the month.
Reply Quote
It was a nice little boost while it lasted, but many of the posts in this thread illustrate why it must go away, and honestly probably should have gone away after a couple of days. People get used to it, and rather than appreciate it as an anniversary buff, try to turn it into a repeating or constant buff, a new baseline, a de facto game nerf.

Please keep stuff like this limited to special occasions, Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Nnnnnooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-(((((

Seriously, thx a lot, I enjoyed it pretty much, never had that much legendaries drop!
Reply Quote
I actually enjoyed the game this week, and it wasn't about legendary drops. I liked being able to move up the paragon levels fairly quickly compared to the grind that it normally is. I have not had this much fun with the game since they buffed Vault-Trail of Conders to 1200%, but alas, they took that away too. Back to the Grind, but I don't think I will play nearly as much.
Reply Quote
Why shouldn't the bonus remain a perm feature for those who purchased and subscribed to the game since May 2012, other on-line games like EQ2 have features that acknowledge a persons tenure with a celebratory ("gift") each year the person has been on-line. It certainly releives the tedium of the game of constant hacking and slashing, making leveling seem endless.
Reply Quote
05/21/2013 06:17 AMPosted by Malcom
They need to do stuff keli this more often.

If they did this too frequently, people would start only playing during event bonuses.

When you have EXP bonuses on an FPS game, people will still play when the bonus is gone because the most fun part of the game is shooting people, and the EXP is just a side effect. But with a game like Diablo where a big part of the fun for most people is building their hero, frequent EXP boosts would lower activity instead of increasing it.

Good, now you can enjoy real life with friends on your birthday instead of wasting it on a videogame.

Lol! Im working 70 hours a week i have friends and i live with my fiance so yes, sometime i try to find a hole to play a bit of a game i like not like some people spending their free time to troll people on a video game forum
Reply Quote
05/21/2013 06:11 AMPosted by xMCMF

Hey, my birthday is at May/22th too!!! Happy birthday to us geminian!!!!

ahah :) im gonna have my first free day in a month for my birthday im a fisherman (i dont know if its the way to say it in english) and my father is my boss so he give me a day off as a gift ^^ perfect gift As you said happy birthday to us ! ahah
Reply Quote
05/20/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Lylirra
It ends at May 22 @ 9:00 a.m. PDT (we'll be posting another reminder tomorrow evening).

This was an awesome thing to do for the community.

It may have been a simple gesture.....but a gesture nonetheless with the best intentions.

Thank you much for the added fun!

ZM
Reply Quote
05/20/2013 04:22 PMPosted by PhfatNinja
How about extending it for one week so those like myself, that have real jobs, that don't allow us to be home for weeks at a time can also enjoy this buff. Just sayInf since I did get the collectors edition day one and preordered it. I would like to have a buff to this marvelous game that I play whenever I am home.

How about Blizzard didn't pick your job for you. If you don't like being away from home for so long look for a new job. This may surprise you, but 99.9% of jobs don't require you do be away from home a lot. Pretty much just trucker, military or something on a cruise ship.
Reply Quote
05/21/2013 01:57 PMPosted by Pixelmancer

How about Blizzard didn't pick your job for you. If you don't like being away from home for so long look for a new job. This may surprise you, but 99.9% of jobs don't require you do be away from home a lot. Pretty much just trucker, military or something on a cruise ship.

Finding a new job isn't all that easy to do my friend, it's a long process and hard to come by one with the same pay rates and the same location. And who knows maybe he is paying service to the U.S. And that percentage is way off, it sure isn't 99.9%.
Reply Quote
70 Pandaren Monk
Hey, I was wondering why The Auction House stopped working for my account, if you could get back to me that would be really awesome :)
Reply Quote
Thank You Blizz for such an aweosme buff during this last week.

I had great success at finding legendary items, and although non of the found items were lottery type payday items, I still really love the ping and experience of finding them.

One new item has even inspired me to start a new monk.

Thanks again.
Reply Quote
05/21/2013 01:57 PMPosted by Pixelmancer

Leave the comments about jobs to people who actually have them.
Reply Quote
Never look a gift-horse in the mouth. Meditate on this.

Meanwhile, I hope you all saw the sticky that went up yesterday:

Just as a reminder for all players, the Diablo III anniversary buff will expire in the Americas on Thursday, May 23, at 9:00 a.m. Pacific (12:00 p.m. Eastern).

For those of you with characters in our other gameplay regions, the buff will be disable on Wednesday, May 22, at 5:00 p.m. Pacific in Asia and on Thursday, May 23, at 12:00 a.m. Pacific in Europe.

Note: We elected to extend the buff by 1 day, so this time frame is bit later than we first communicated. Apologies for any confusion, but yay for another day of demon-slaying buffs!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]