Diablo® III

Question about monster density

where can i find increased monster density?

normal , nightmare and hell mp0 or mp1-mp10?
inferno mp0 or mp1-mp10?

any amount difference in mp1 or mp10?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9647272/patch-108-now-live-5-7-2013#monsters
Reply Quote
Community Manager
where can i find increased monster density?

normal , nightmare and hell mp0 or mp1-mp10?
inferno mp0 or mp1-mp10?

You'll find increased monster density if you're in Inferno difficulty, and have Monster Power 1 - 10 enabled. If you're looking for an easy place to see the density changes I recommend checking out The Weeping Hollow in Act I or the Storm Halls (it’s in Zoltun Kulle’s Archives) in Act II. There are lots of other great spots to farm monsters, but those are some of the favorites from what I hear.
Reply Quote
Fields of misery A1, sadly they only increased the white mob density, didn't add more elites, so I feel a little mislead and sad about that.
Either way it is still entertaining with the new amounts of monsters.
Reply Quote
Yeah Elite density is very underwhelming. The white mobs are fine, and a good job of implementation but there should be more elites. Weeping Hollow / Fields of Misery your lucky to get 3 / 4 elite packs while similar sized zones in A3 can easily get 6 packs.
Reply Quote
Density in act 4 is epic, now its the best run. thnx Blizz

p.s. srry about all these crazy ppl :D keep ur heads up
Reply Quote
Take another look at the patch notes and you will realize every zone they buffed with mob density has been hit with a drop rate nerf. lololol! Owned!
Reply Quote
Keep the elite packs the way they are tbh, elites are nothing but a time sink. The time it takes to kill an elite pack you could have cleared an entire floor of a dungeon of whites. Which would yield a huge amount more legends and set.
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 05:15 PMPosted by Grimiku
You'll find increased monster density if you're in Inferno difficulty, and have Monster Power 1 - 10 enabled. If you're looking for an easy place to see the density changes I recommend checking out The Weeping Hollow in Act I or the Storm Halls (it’s in Zoltun Kulle’s Archives) in Act II. There are lots of other great spots to farm monsters, but those are some of the favorites from what I hear.

why not in inferno mp0 as well? I don't understand..
Reply Quote
Nice to hear Act 4 is playable again. I always liked the environment, but too much empty space with no monsters trying to kill me.

I am in Act 2 after starting the game from the beginning. Act 1 is great, particularly Weeping Hollow.

So far Act 2 is so-so. Hard to feel the density change here... I have just defeated Maghda and plan to skip the sewers and go right to the Oasis.
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 06:08 PMPosted by snowBR

Especially for hardcore, sometimes it is hard enough to make it through inferno without having to deal with more monsters
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 06:08 PMPosted by snowBR

I imagine it's for people who don't use the AH to play through the characters and when they are stuck getting to Inferno with !@#$ty gear, at least make it viable for them to beat it rather than being overwhelmed when some of their gear could be 45-58 lvl still
Reply Quote
Anywhere in inferno MP1+. Act3 wasn't tweaked, though, but in the other acts you'll find more monsters pretty much everywhere. Hopefully they can adjust the lite density as well down the road.
Reply Quote
Would it be good if m10 normal, nightmare, hell all have increased monster density?
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 06:36 PMPosted by Giasumaru
Would it be good if m10 normal, nightmare, hell all have increased monster density?

+1

I don't know why they didn't increase density for mp1+ in other difficulties. Also they removed the keywardens for no apparent reason. So normal, nightmare and hell have less density. I don't know if the drop rates and xp got nerfed for them too.
Reply Quote
yea....... loving all my monsters being all over!!!!!
Reply Quote
is it me or is Balial the hardest boss in the game? maybe its cause im a cmww idk
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 08:52 PMPosted by ShadowWraith
is it me or is Balial the hardest boss in the game? maybe its cause im a cmww idk

in my opinion belial is the hardest. I cannot stunlock him.
Reply Quote
they increased the density of the first pack in act 2 by 100%. used to be one single bee.

now it's two beez.
Reply Quote
they increased the density of the first pack in act 2 by 100%. used to be one single bee.

now it's two beez.

I'm officially retarded tonight, because I'm giggling like a seven-year-old girl at this comment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]