Diablo® III

Auction Houses Up and Running

Mr. Hight,

Please fix the connection issues that people are having post fixing the AH. Also, I would suggest getting rid of the comb over look. It makes you look a lot older than you probably are. Your hairstyle(or what remains of it) is very 80s in nature. Thanks!
Reply Quote

So, What's Next?
We'll also be donating all proceeds from auctions conducted by the suspended or banned players—including all of THEIR sale proceeds that we intercepted as well as our transaction fee—to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.

Wow.
Reply Quote
Welp I guess I quit. There is still a confirmed Trillions, not billions of duped gold remaining in the game, despite saying they have fixed it. There is also numerous item trades and gold hand offs that took place during this, therefore this game is ruined for at least the next few months. Maybe I will return next patch, but after this it's doubted.
Reply Quote
View profile
"Yep, AH is back (although only allowing so many in at a time). I still have my 1.8 billion gold that I am 95% is gold that someone duped and then bought my legendary that i had on the AH. 2 billion for lost boys legendary. Game is so done for.... "

taken from another gaming forum, people are stilll going to be rich with out doing anything but logging in that day :) lol
Reply Quote
"Yep, AH is back (although only allowing so many in at a time). I still have my 1.8 billion gold that I am 95% is gold that someone duped and then bought my legendary that i had on the AH. 2 billion for lost boys legendary. Game is so done for.... "

taken from another gaming forum, people are stilll going to be rich with out doing anything but logging in that day :) lol

if the gold that bought your legendary wasn't duped gold but botter gold, then it should be still intact and the total pool of money is still (botter gold less 15%).

maybe thats why YOU didn't get banned/suspended.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 09:46 PMPosted by Thrull
We'll also be donating all proceeds from auctions conducted by the suspended or banned players—including all of THEIR sale proceeds that we intercepted as well as our transaction fee—to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.

Be very very careful. While they may have exploited the bug, that doesn't mean they should have the money they earned taken away. Blizzard could get in some serious trouble for doing this regardless of how nice it sounds when the money goes to charity.

There is no trouble to be had, as it is Blizzard's item as is every single item/gold/accounts are theirs to do with as they see fit. This is a virtual world and virtual goods have no face value. Yes, people spend their real life money on items like this, but in the court of law if you buy a virtual good from someone that item is not real and has no value. People like to throw the lawsuit gimmick around all the time and its quite commical out in the real world.

When you payed Blizzard $60 at a retail store, you payed for their permission to be allowed to put their property on your computer and access their servers. Nothing more and nothing less. The RMAH sells virtual goods that can be used for personal gain of ones enjoyment of life, but is still the 100% sole property of Blizzard Entertainment that they are allowing you to use if you wish. They are allowing the BUYER of an item to put a face value on any item they purchase with knowing that the item indeed has no real value outside in the real world other than what one is willing to pay for it. Heres an example for you, a parking permit in a busy city has no face value outside of the city you purchase it from and yourself. The city has set up a system that allows only persons in possession of that said permit to park in marked zones where as perpitraitors without that said permit can be towed at any time.

People need to realize that anything inside of a video game is not theirs, but is owned by the game company that produced it. When you use the RMAH that item you are using your real life money on has no real value in the real world. You signed a Terms of Service agreement when you intalled the game onto your hard drive and you are bound to that by its every word and I know noone ever reads them they just click accept. But by doing that the dupers and exploiters have actually commited the crime themselves when they sold the goods for money. Its called Fraud. And if the exploiters would really like to take this further, they themselves could and probably should get themselves into a lot of trouble where as blizzard would walk away laughing.
Edited by Matt#1221 on 5/11/2013 6:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Which is why a rollback would have fixed all of this...some may say 2B is "small time" but many people will never even see 1B gold...again no rollback = unfair advantage as people gained wealth they didn't have before
Reply Quote
People aren't making the connection that if Blizzard does eventually remove all the duped gold nothing is really messed up. Yes, some people made profits off inflated gems but there is a huge difference between redistribution of wealth and duplication of gold. There may indeed be some overpaying for items now, but that just adds some activity to the AH and continues to spread gold around to the player base. Things should stabilize quickly especially if people are overpaying for items (remember buying things for more than they are worth with the right amount of gold in the economy is not inflation). All we need to hope for is that Bliz knows where the remaining 15% is.
Reply Quote
"85% of gold" has been removed from the game? So Blizzard didn't do 100% of their job? Figures - when there's such financial opportunity, why would they? No integrity in this money grabbing company anymore. The amount of money they made from transaction fees for gems/etc from "legitimate" players is probably a lot f*cking more than what they're giving the children's hospital. Nice thing to do to donate that money, but why don't you look after your f*cking own community which is rattled from your lack of effort to fix this. It's still not fixed.

Players are still walking around with their billions - players that just got "lucky" because you didn't do your job and roll back the servers to 100% fix the problem. The wealth was spread so widely by people buying garbage for insane prices. People disconnecting all day... not fond of today's once highly reputable Blizzard.
Reply Quote
I just found out that a lot of players are saying that this was done on purpose. Rumor is that they already confirmed this bug on the PTR, however let it out anyway. The reason being was to destroy the gold market so that people will be forced to upgrade on the RMAH, rather than being able to buy things on the GAH. Prices for items will be insanity on the GAH for at minimum 3 months, even if it's only the 3-4 I've seen so far with confirmed trillions of duped gold. Then to make sure this definitely will work, their solution was to raise the price back to min 25 cents per 1 million, therefore nobody can sell the duped gold but only the items. I am now 100% sure this is the case, due to the fact that no one person would make these string of bad choices, let alone a whole team. Anyway just wanted to raise awareness and try to get other people to realize what is going on before I jump ship.

GG
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 09:40 PMPosted by John Hight

Cheaters get owned I love it.

And for those saying "omg its their money!!!"....it was duped. And it's Blizard's game, so it's Blizard's rules. They can do whatever they want. These people didn't legitimately earn their gold, so why should they make a profit off it?

I love you Blizzard!!!! Great job on the situation.
Reply Quote
Richie - not to mention eliminating competition with gold selling websites.
Reply Quote
Which is why a rollback would have fixed all of this...some may say 2B is "small time" but many people will never even see 1B gold...again no rollback = unfair advantage as people gained wealth they didn't have before

If my friend quit and gave me all his gold is that unfair? Some people capitalized off of the market. So what? It happens every day.

No one "gained" wealth, wealth was transferred to a new owner. If they remove the extra gold everything is fine.
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 06:56 AMPosted by Coleslaw

Cheaters get owned I love it.

And for those saying "omg its their money!!!"....it was duped. And it's Blizard's game, so it's Blizard's rules. They can do whatever they want. These people didn't legitimately earn their gold, so why should they make a profit off it?

I love you Blizzard!!!! Great job on the situation.

Wow you're not very smart, lets see... what's 85% of at least 100 trillion. That leaves 15 trillion or 54,000$ cash at game gold sites. 100 trillion is a small estimate, as I've seen people that even after this post about the issue being fixed have 10 trillion gold of their own, which means in reality there is more than the 15 trillion I just mentioned. Goodbye Diablo 3 economy for at minimum a few months.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/11/2013 06:42 AMPosted by Richie
Welp I guess I quit. There is still a confirmed Trillions, not billions of duped gold remaining in the game, despite saying they have fixed it. There is also numerous item trades and gold hand offs that took place during this, therefore this game is ruined for at least the next few months. Maybe I will return next patch, but after this it's doubted.

I suppose the fact that the economy is fine and recovering, as anticipated by the more reasonable people, isn't a sign enough that you're wrong?

You people....just can't quit being stupid can you?
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 5/11/2013 7:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 06:19 AMPosted by M3GZ
I'd love to see the legality of taking other peoples money and donating it with out their expressed request. Hilarity should ensue.

You sir are a moron. They received in game gold or items for their money. They can't have both.
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 07:00 AMPosted by BurningRope

I suppose the fact that the economy is fine and recovering, as anticipated by the more reasonable people, isn't a sign enough that you're wrong?

You people....just can't quit being stupid can you?

Read my above post, they may have deleted some of the gold but they even admitted there is still 15% out there, and I've personally seen 10 trillion duped gold on just 1 player. IMO that's not fixed or recovering. Good luck being able to find any good upgrades on the GAH for a few months.
Reply Quote
View profile
wow really good response. good guy blizzard
Reply Quote
"Confirmed"... did you personnally confirm this? Where did this figure come from other than someone posting it on a forum and others repeating multiple times... I think they have made a decent attempt to correct and it will take a few weeks to see how the economy shakes out. Things always change in the economy a little after a patch is released. People need to quit complaining and really play or don't play, doesn't matter to me. Those that had their accounts locked blizzard has a process for account disputes so take it up with them... !@#$%ing on here won't accomplish anything. Just my two cents...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]