Diablo® III

Auction Houses Up and Running

(Sticky)

05/11/2013 06:59 AMPosted by DarthVader77
Which is why a rollback would have fixed all of this...some may say 2B is "small time" but many people will never even see 1B gold...again no rollback = unfair advantage as people gained wealth they didn't have before

If my friend quit and gave me all his gold is that unfair? Some people capitalized off of the market. So what? It happens every day.

No one "gained" wealth, wealth was transferred to a new owner. If they remove the extra gold everything is fine.

wow...what logic...comparing a FRIEND giving his account gold to u as he quits the game to let me get this straight PROFIT due to some hack (DUPER) who bought your 2B gold PROMISE OF GLORY bracers...yip no wonder this community is in the shape it currently is...full of sheep...
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 06:56 AMPosted by Coleslaw
We'll also be donating all proceeds from auctions conducted by the suspended or banned players—including all of THEIR sale proceeds that we intercepted as well as our transaction fee—to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.

Cheaters get owned I love it.

And for those saying "omg its their money!!!"....it was duped. And it's Blizard's game, so it's Blizard's rules. They can do whatever they want. These people didn't legitimately earn their gold, so why should they make a profit off it?

I love you Blizzard!!!! Great job on the situation.

i just have to say wtf??? this is very very bad.... so basically since this is blizz game they can flood the AH make mad cash and donate it or do what ever they want.... its like the government busting counterfeiters but saying F it we will just use the fake cash ourselves...

well at least if blizz is ever hurting for cash they know what to do now...
Reply Quote
Thanks Blizz, love this game:)
Reply Quote
Thanks for the update, glad to hear of the progress, keep up the good work. :D
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 07:05 AMPosted by GATORGUY
"Confirmed"... did you personnally confirm this? Where did this figure come from other than someone posting it on a forum and others repeating multiple times... I think they have made a decent attempt to correct and it will take a few weeks to see how the economy shakes out. Things always change in the economy a little after a patch is released. People need to quit complaining and really play or don't play, doesn't matter to me. Those that had their accounts locked blizzard has a process for account disputes so take it up with them... !@#$%ing on here won't accomplish anything. Just my two cents...

All I'm trying to do is make people aware of the real problem that is still going on. I quit this game now because it's 100% ruined for those of us that actually use the GAH to get gear upgrades. Confirmed means that I saw the 10 trillion gold with my own eyes after this post about the 85% gold being removed. Now if 85% has been removed and a single player has 10 trillion, you can only imagine how many other players have this amount or more. Now as I mentioned before good luck finding any decent upgrades on the AH for at least the next few months.
Reply Quote
Also they haven't locked the accounts, inigo on twitch.tv duped 100 billion gold and was banned while they got the gold off his account but then restored it. Cheaters are suffering no consiquences over this... so so bad
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 07:05 AMPosted by GATORGUY
"Confirmed"... did you personnally confirm this? Where did this figure come from other than someone posting it on a forum and others repeating multiple times... I think they have made a decent attempt to correct and it will take a few weeks to see how the economy shakes out. Things always change in the economy a little after a patch is released. People need to quit complaining and really play or don't play, doesn't matter to me. Those that had their accounts locked blizzard has a process for account disputes so take it up with them... !@#$%ing on here won't accomplish anything. Just my two cents...

This guy posted the top post in this pic:

http://i.imgur.com/OoouA7b.jpg

I couldn't remember where I saw the name, but I knew I had seen it sometime in the past couple days. At the bottom of the page, someone went off on a rant at him about duping gold. Then I remembered. That last post, that is legit. It was the same guy who was posting about how he had been suspended, then unsuspended and all his gear was BoA. He said in his post he made about 22 billion in from gem-sales. (99% of those gems were being bought out by dupers) He has now sold most of his gold as gems to unsuspecting players paying $1 or so per.

This not enough?

Earlier skywalkerog420 from the http://www.twitch.tv/skywalkerog420 was boasting about his 50 billion that he made from the gold dupe in gem/item sales. He bought also items and gems to resell in the RMAH. I'm sure he'll be making a nice profit as well. He did this with at least 300 viewers watching live.

Let's stop pretending already. I know several people with 15-20-300 billion made from gem/item sales. This wasn't bought by legit players, it was bought by dupers.

Confirmation enough?
Edited by Alcheya#1560 on 5/11/2013 7:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
OVER a year and they cant even BAN bots.

They cant even STOP them from spamming our channels and friend requests.

Do you really think that they were able to trace TRILLIONS of duped gold?

How STUPID does he think we are?
Reply Quote
every single step blizz make in this game is a fall XD
an least you ban ppl THAT IS GOOD
Reply Quote
Obviously A LOT of you have never read the TOS. You can complain all you want and throw the biggest hissy fit. It wont do you any good.

05/10/2013 09:49 PMPosted by bwest86
We'll also be donating all proceeds from auctions conducted by the suspended or banned players—including all of THEIR sale proceeds that we intercepted as well as our transaction fee—to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
I LOVE IT! :)
Reply Quote
As someone who works in the healthcare industry and deals with children everyday, I spit on your publicity stunt. You will write this off and we taxpayers will foot the bill for it, you are truly disgusting.
Reply Quote
As always with software, faults and errors (bugs) can occur.

I really do like the way you guys (Blizzard) handled this major bug. By that i mean especially the action taken after the bug was fixed. Going after the exploiters and take appropriate action against their accounts was by far the best option to do, regardless of all other options, even.

Good to know that the duped gold will be removed from the economy. Good to know you guys really do care about the game and its economy.

Keep up the good work!
Reply Quote

I really do like the way you guys (Blizzard) handled this major bug. By that i mean especially the action taken after the bug was fixed. Going after the exploiters and take appropriate action against their accounts was by far the best option to do, regardless of all other options, even.

Good to know that the duped gold will be removed from the economy. Good to know you guys really do care about the game and its economy.

Keep up the good work!

Not sure if trolling... if you are.. good job..

If not.. you should learn to read.. they said they only got 85% of hundreds of trillions that were duped. Most players that had their items bought by dupers got to keep their gold, so that duped gold is permeated throughout the economy.
Reply Quote
Wow I am really impressed - I thought blizz really messed up with these whole thing but it seems like they have it under control really- ya some people made some gold, but overall it seems like they did the best they could with what happened.

Good job blizz ! - Now on to 1.09 and itemization!!
Reply Quote

Keep up the good work!

wow...just wow...
Reply Quote
I never participated in this or any other scam but you Blizard people have. And you know it. The scam with the gem prices, that you kept the profits from players who just bought low and sold high is the first one I was aware of. The game stole my weapon several months ago. The ethical thing for you to have done was to restore it or the several hundred million gold it was worth. The fact that you can did do a role-back on some accounts proves that it can be done. The fact that you wouldn't do it for me proves it isn't about ethics it is about profit.

There are so many things that you know about that you don't fix that it truly is pathetic. You know what accounts are selling gold but you do nothing it. You could easily screen the general chat but you don't seem to. I think the reason that you don't is that it inflates prices so you make more money.

Frankly, I liked the game better while the action house was down. Now I am getting disconnected all the time. I have some personal goals in the game so I will continue to play but it gets less fun all the time.
Edited by Wiz#1740 on 5/11/2013 7:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I suppose the fact that the economy is fine and recovering, as anticipated by the more reasonable people, isn't a sign enough that you're wrong?

You people....just can't quit being stupid can you?

Read my above post, they may have deleted some of the gold but they even admitted there is still 15% out there, and I've personally seen 10 trillion duped gold on just 1 player. IMO that's not fixed or recovering. Good luck being able to find any good upgrades on the GAH for a few months.

The only thing that matters is what the economy shows, not your opinion.

Radiant Star gem prices have fallen to near pre-1.08 levels in just a matter of hours. They will soon settle down even lower.

Go be chicken little somewhere else until you learn to think reasonably.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 5/11/2013 7:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
just another reason to never play again.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 09:40 PMPosted by John Hight

This is awesome!!! way to go Blizzard. Thank you for your hard work and effort!
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 07:38 AMPosted by EvIlMaStEr

This is awesome!!! way to go Blizzard. Thank you for your hard work and effort!

BUT...BUT...I thought they were greedy and they allowed the dupe to go on so long because of all the profit?

I'm laughing at so many Bnet members right now. They should be embarrassed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]