Diablo® III

Auction Houses Up and Running

(Sticky)

05/11/2013 06:56 AMPosted by Coleslaw
And for those saying "omg its their money!!!"....it was duped.

Actually, legitimate players payed real money for the items the dupers were sellig on the RMAH. And it is quite funny that those transactions were not simply reversed and sent the money back to the legitimate players. Instead, they let those transactions finalize and kept the money to donate to charity.

Very strange!
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 07:38 AMPosted by EvIlMaStEr
We'll also be donating all proceeds from auctions conducted by the suspended or banned players—including all of THEIR sale proceeds that we intercepted as well as our transaction fee—to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.

This is awesome!!! way to go Blizzard. Thank you for your hard work and effort!

You are welcome, I'm glad they donated OUR money and taking credit for it. Im so glad I bought gems to sell for gold and not get a refund.
Reply Quote
One thing that I haven't seen mentioned: a number of players had their accounts banned: some of those players probably had more than just the duped gold in their accounts/alternate accounts. If they got a wide-ranging ban across all their accounts then their gold hoards are effectively eliminated from the system.. and some of it donated to charity.

That's what's bothered me by all the doom-mongering. Even if someone got to keep his/her illicit trillions, if that person NEVER spent a dime of it or gave it out but just kept it static in their accounts, it wouldn't affect the economy. That's what Blizzard's sanitation drive attempted to do -- forcefully, of course -- yet people are acting as though the mere fact that the duping ever happened is proof that the sky is falling.

Another thing: the elimination of AH activity the past few days implies that there has been less gold introduced into the system during that time from the lack of flipping: no one was buying goods and making a profit on the markup, hence no one was using said profits to buy up other goods (i.e. little to no inflation during the AH shutdown period).

Moreover, the suspension of gold trading probably eliminated buying from 3rd-party sites during that period (i.e. no fulfillment of gold purchases since there was no in-game gold trading) and with the uncertainty surrounding the reinstatement of the AH and Blizzard's expectedly sour mood during the time, the botters might've curtailed their botting somewhat fearing bans.

In short, maybe Blizzard did the numbers and decided that leaving 15% of the duped gold made sense given that, if none of this had happened, that's how much additional gold would've been generated by the system anyway. I'm not saying this is exactly what happened: merely that we should consider the possibility and that maybe leaving the 15% isn't the end of the world.

Taking a look at some prices earlier today, I noticed that prices looked much the same as they did for the most part -- although there were still some insanely-priced goods of the sort that never get bought anyway pre-1.08.
Edited by Eisenhorn#6230 on 5/11/2013 7:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
DOES NOBODY ELSE NOTICE THIS ISSUE??!!

When your in a party, for some reason, your no longer able to return to the menu without leaving your party! Before you used to be able to check on the AH and come back without losing stacks...now you cant. THIS IS SIGNIFICANTLY SLOWING DOWN CO-OP GAMES PLEASE REVERT BACK!!

I've made 3 different topics over 2 days about this in 'report bug' without ANYONE seeing it.
Reply Quote
Hey everyone,I'm John Hight, the production director for Diablo III

For all the talk about how your developers *plan* to make the game better without doing anything - you need to get fired.
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 07:44 AMPosted by Eisenhorn
Another thing: the elimination of AH activity the past few days implies that there has been less gold introduced into the system during that time from the lack of flipping: no one was buying goods and making a profit on the markup, hence no one was using said profits to buy up other goods (i.e. little to no inflation during the AH shutdown period).

I've got nothing against what you're saying, but just pointing out a misconception that I guess a number of players have. People flipping items does not introduce more gold into the system. Flipping actually removes gold from the system since every sale on the AH eliminates 15% of the gold sale price. Up until this dupe, all gold in the system has come from directly playing the game. The amount of total gold slowly grows each day as thousands of players/bots farm gold either by picking up gold piles, or selling goods to vendors. The total amount of gold in the economy took a huge jump on Tuesday since all of the sudden gold was able to be created out of thin air.

Basically, selling things on the AH does not generate more gold, it only moves who has the gold, while eliminating 15% of it.
Reply Quote
Bravo, Blizz. :')

... Reading comprehension is whaaaaaaaat.

05/10/2013 09:50 PMPosted by Jt3z
Did you not read the post moron?

Let's try to be smart and go after a guy who just read between the lines.

05/10/2013 09:40 PMPosted by John Hight
As of this this post, we have already recaptured more than 85% of the excess gold from the accounts involved, and over the days ahead we will continue to pore over our audit data to reclaim as much duplicate currency as possible.

Even 15% of TRILLIONS is more than enough to rock the economy. If you're going to call the guy a moron, don't make yourself look like one.

You do realize it says MORE THEN 85% RIGHT? Which means that 15% comment was about useless. They also clarified they are still REMOVING THE GOLD!, calling someone a moron for not being to comprehend a message that you obviously got wrong on your own was kind.... moronic.
Reply Quote
As a legit player I say this is bullshiit
Reply Quote
I cannot understand how Blizzard can allow people who did not exploit the bug, and the resulting changes in prices to lose out to people who did.

Without a rollback, or a reversal of gem trades, there will be people who became billionaires overnight, simply because they were there when this bug occurred and sold or flipped their gems.

Those who didn't or were unwilling to do so for fear of contravening the terms of use will now have to struggle harder to afford their gear since there is so much more competition for items in the future which will drive prices up, since there are more people able to afford it after this incident.

How can Blizzard claim to want players to play the game and be rewarded, when the best way to gain in-game rewards is to watch out for bugs each patch?

It is no longer feasible to rollback since it has been days since the incident.

All I can say is that it is a Good thing there is no PVP. It would be sad if you spent a year farming for gear and get destroyed by someone who managed to make a killing on the AH due to a bug.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/11/2013 08:04 AMPosted by pcjunkie
As a legit player I say this is bullshiit

The market disagrees. It's fine. You cannot argue that. It's in friggin black and white. Go look. Explain the 450% drop in RS prices?

You people just aren't smart enough.
Reply Quote
Great great great, thank you. Continue your good work and good luck with the recovery of the last 15%.
Reply Quote
I hate this how this game turned out, but I do occasionally check these forums.

I must say, that was a very admirable effort from your anti-hacks team. They must have been under a lot of pressure, but the result was well worth it in the end. Well done and congratulations! Especially since you didn't take the easy way out with a rollback.
Reply Quote
What a bunch FARCE ..

Do you seriously believe you have not HURT or PUNISH the LEGIT GAMERS who true GRIND?? If you've GRINDED and save up a 100mil. What is that 100 mil gold worth now?

UNLESS you have RECOLLECTED all the gold DUPED and RETURNED all the 100 mil to 2 bil GEAR / ITEMS then a roll back WAS the only answer and BLIZZARD choose not to do so..

All D3 players who can not clearly see this is BLIND...
Reply Quote
So gold price in RAHM never back to 10m ? or will back in a future ?
Reply Quote
thanks for ruining the game for me, the non-duper. items i've been saving for doubled in price.

thanks again blizz.
Reply Quote
What a bunch FARCE ..

Do you seriously believe you have not HURT or PUNISH the LEGIT GAMERS who true GRIND?? If you've GRINDED and save up a 100mil. What is that 100 mil gold worth now?

UNLESS you have RECOLLECTED all the gold DUPED and RETURNED all the 100 mil to 2 bil GEAR / ITEMS then a roll back WAS the only answer and BLIZZARD choose not to do so..

All D3 players who can not clearly see this is BLIND...

Sadly about "half"...at least at the moment...Honestly unless u have several Billion gold at this moment u are actually poor...thanks to blizzard refusing to do a rollback hrs after they found out. Now it's way too late and it's over, damage is done.
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 08:33 AMPosted by Zyron
PS' how much is being donated?

A very small percentage compared to all the money they will be keeping from all the people they didn't ban who were a part of the market crash.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]