Diablo® III

Auction Houses Up and Running

(Sticky)

What a bunch FARCE ..

Do you seriously believe you have not HURT or PUNISH the LEGIT GAMERS who true GRIND?? If you've GRINDED and save up a 100mil. What is that 100 mil gold worth now?

UNLESS you have RECOLLECTED all the gold DUPED and RETURNED all the 100 mil to 2 bil GEAR / ITEMS then a roll back WAS the only answer and BLIZZARD choose not to do so..

All D3 players who can not clearly see this is BLIND...

GOD DAMN YOU!!!

Really?

Can't you use the AH to see that the market is fine, and only hours after going live again?

Seriously, RS emeralds are down to 26m, down 2m in just 1 hour.

The market is stabilizing faster than even the most positive people thought it would

So stop being purposely stupid and look around before bloviating about non-facts.

that's not the point, wanna know what his 100M gold will buy right now...NOTHING of previous value that was 100M gold...more like 50M gold...MAYBE. That's the freaking point...now move along nothing to see here...
Reply Quote
I wish I could roll back my ex wife :-(
Reply Quote
My friend has received 2kkk via trade and still with that amount

Nice job blizz =)
Reply Quote
Dear Mr. Hight:

What a great charity! I have been getting infusions at our local cancer treatment center for more than a year, and I can personally attest that should you see those kids with horrible diseases and their strength, courage, and fortitude doing battle with cancer is inspiring but also breaks your heart. Well done Blizzard.

I didn't mind the AH being down, as I only recently got a chance to play this fabulous game again. It was well worth the wait, as 1.0.8 is an AWESOME adjustment to the game. Cain's book and the other changes are a nice tweak and really enhances the play value.

There will always be cheats especially when you are dealing with "real" money. There is always some goofball out there that thinks they are smarter than you and can (pardon the pun) game the system. I have been playing Diablo since the very first game, and it just keeps getting better and better. As I do battle with my own health issues, I can delve into another place and take my mind off of what ails me, if only for a little time per week. As you folks move forward, please keep in mind folks like me that just want a diversion and a bit of fun. I very much appreciate your efforts, far more than I can describe in this post.

I could not be more proud of having spent a few bucks to purchase this game and look forward to many others. Again, Well done.

With warmest wishes,

Brian
Reply Quote
i'll throw out an example of what i was saving for, for you ignorant dupers that think the marketplace is "fine".

str + crit mempo was about 300M before the dupe.

now? 600M.

tell me the AH is "fine". all you dupers won, you don't have to keep flaming those of us who didn't cheat the system. just take your cheater gold and move on.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
A full rollback of the servers should have been the best way to resolve the issue.

TRILLIONS (with a T) of gold was duplicated. Even with 85% of the gold removed from the economy, that still leaves an excess of hundreds of (B)illions of gold saturating the market.

Yeah, people losing their progress sucks. But a couple hours of lost progress is better than having an economy (or lack there of) that has rendered gold irrelevant.

It's also sad if someone got an item bought-out they were selling for "2 beez" and keep their gold. Or users that kept their gold for selling Radiant Star gems for an outstanding price. This GREATLY hurts the legitimate players of the game who didn't take advantage of the exploit by having items listed in the auction house. Now, those players who did, are worth exponentially more than the legitimate players who have more hours logged onto the game. Where's the integrity in that?

If I'm understanding John Hight correctly, what Blizzard is doing amounts to a partial rollback affecting the duplicated gold specifically. So no matter how much was duplicated, it has now been removed from the game environment.

He did not spell out how this affected third parties who sold items. Reading between the lines, though, if their duped gold was removed, transactions that they spent on would have to have been reverted.

I think the bottom line is, 'Don't panic'.
Reply Quote
i'll throw out an example of what i was saving for, for you ignorant dupers that think the marketplace is "fine".

now? 600M.

tell me the AH is "fine". all you dupers won, you don't have to keep flaming those of us who didn't cheat the system. just take your cheater gold and move on.

Stop. QQ more, bro.

It's superficial inflation. Gem prices are slowly going back down to pre-dupe numbers and item prices will soon level out. A lot of items are ridiculously over-priced at the moment and most of them won't sell because of that.

Just chill out and be patient for the aftermath to subside.
Reply Quote
Thank you for the update and for explaining what happened and what you've done, and will continue to do, about it. Although you've only removed 85% at this point, I understood your post to say you are still working on removing the rest.

Your apology goes a long way to satisfying me - and your donation to the Children's Miracle Network made me smile. Thank you for your donation!

Keep up the good work!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
05/10/2013 09:46 PMPosted by Thrull
We'll also be donating all proceeds from auctions conducted by the suspended or banned players—including all of THEIR sale proceeds that we intercepted as well as our transaction fee—to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.

Be very very careful. While they may have exploited the bug, that doesn't mean they should have the money they earned taken away. Blizzard could get in some serious trouble for doing this regardless of how nice it sounds when the money goes to charity.

You haven't read your usage agreement.
Reply Quote
View profile

now? 600M.

List prices are expected to be askew from panicked idiots. List prices do not reflect sale prices.

Gem prices reflect the market value of gold. That's all that matters. RS gems are almost down to pre-1.08 levels, only hours after going live.

You cannot dance around fact with arbitrary list prices, guy.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 5/11/2013 9:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
not only has blizzard admitted the french fried up they worked well into the night (you can tell casue the blue posts kept going all night to sorta calm the storm). it's a damn good patch i'm diggin' it. as far as i am concerned admitting how bad you screwed up and working to fix it is a respectable thing to do. most CEO's and government officials won't do that even. so i'm satisfied that things are getting back on track and i'm confident 1.0.9 will correctly address items. so unless your life got boned somehow shut the front door and play the game.
Reply Quote
i'm not qq'ing, but those that benefited dont have to flame. "qq" and such other nerd terms aside, you guys have the gold and the economy seems normal to you. if u benefited, dont flame others that didn't. that's all i'm saying.
Reply Quote
Well, since yesterday, the market seems to be stabilising slowly. I guess it'll be a little sideways for a time, then it'll be fine.

Well, darn, Blizzard went the long and hard way, but they seem to have done the right thing.

Okay, about 15% of the duped gold remain, causing a lot of people to have epic girllike envy attacks, but as long as the market's okay, and we still have a shot at improving, I'm fine with it.

Donating the extra money to charity is also a nice touch, good job on that!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage

now? 600M.

The AH is fine. <--- (per your request)

Seriously, the AH has been down for days, and there are far fewer items up, and you are panicking over prices that have doubled?

I am more concerned that square rubies that were a few hundred gold are now a few thousand, but I expect them to drop shortly.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I want to know if I can get a refund.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/11/2013 09:04 AMPosted by WkSuperman
i'm not qq'ing, but those that benefited dont have to flame. "qq" and such other nerd terms aside, you guys have the gold and the economy seems normal to you. if u benefited, dont flame others that didn't. that's all i'm saying.

I see the market as 100% fine, I only have 140m and wasn't even logged on once Tuesday. You're wrong.

The market is there for you to look at objectively. Gems prices are falling like a rock. The market, IMO, is stabilizing WAY faster than I thought it would.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
... they said they only got 85% of hundreds of trillions that were duped. Most players that had their items bought by dupers got to keep their gold, so that duped gold is permeated throughout the economy.

... so far. They are still auditing.
Reply Quote
Still unable to log in to auction house at all... continues to be greyed out...
Reply Quote
I want to be angry that we didn't get a roll back and there's still an ambiguous amount of duped gold floating around the market. I want to be angry that the value of my in game wealth has just gone down by maybe a few weeks or months. I want to be angry that my time investment into d3 has just dropped by an uncertain amount...

But donating to children's miracle network makes it all kind of not matter. What's 20-30$ bucks and a thousand hours compared to the improved quality of life for suffering children?

Thanks blizzard for making me a slightly better person than I would have been on my own.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]