Diablo® III

My first billion

I know, I'm very late to the party, but I don't play much and I've found a total of 3 items that I sold for 50 mil or more. Before the patch the most money I had was around 500-550 million. I only made maybe 50-100 mil from the patch day gem price hike. Most of the money I got from selling gear that I bought and used for a while, selling for not only more than I paid for it but a lot of times selling it for more than I pay for the upgrade. Now to figure out what to do with it...

Anyone else a new billionaire now that the AH is back on?
Reply Quote
the most ive ever had at one time is like 80m

really sucks
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Wait it out, man. Things that shouldn't be selling are selling and things that are worth X amount are double in price. Numbers are all wonky right now because there's a "shortage" of available gear on the market.

I'm only taking advantage of the situation by putting my stash stuff up for sale for "current" market prices.

So if you're looking for a significant upgrade here or there, I suggest waiting until at least gems return to normal prices, because at least then it's a sign of things at least stabilizing a bit once the AH gets saturated again.
Reply Quote
i almost got 2 beeeez for selllin crappy items
Reply Quote
View profile
ive been a beezonaire for awhile but find nothing worth value on ah. Plus upgrading is so pointless. What content do i have to beat? faceroll any act without deaths.

Looking for like a 1270 wandage or ar trifecta ammy so I can use my os at 2.73 tho.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 5/11/2013 12:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I know, I'm very late to the party, but I don't play much and I've found a total of 3 items that I sold for 50 mil or more. Before the patch the most money I had was around 500-550 million. I only made maybe 50-100 mil from the patch day gem price hike. Most of the money I got from selling gear that I bought and used for a while, selling for not only more than I paid for it but a lot of times selling it for more than I pay for the upgrade. Now to figure out what to do with it...

Anyone else a new billionaire now that the AH is back on?

I hate to break it to you, but that 1 billion is worth less today than your 500 million was prepatch.
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 12:26 AMPosted by Saka
I hate to break it to you, but that 1 billion is worth less today than your 500 million was prepatch.

Naw, gem prices are already down to almost where they were prepatch, maybe with 50% inflation on GAH but are dropping as we speak. RMAH prices for gems are only about 10% lower then prepatch when I looked a little while ago.

05/11/2013 12:04 AMPosted by Jaetch
Wait it out, man. Things that shouldn't be selling are selling and things that are worth X amount are double in price. Numbers are all wonky right now because there's a "shortage" of available gear on the market.

That's what I'm planning to do. I already sold a couple items today for marked up prices, so I'm on my way to 2 bil now :D I doubt I'll buy much, if anything, for at least a few days. I'm still trying to decide on what build I want to play. Maybe I'll dump it all into Archon and try to run higher MP on that. Or save up for some CMWW LS dagger, not that there's ever one on the AH worth buying. It's kind of nice to have choices though.
Reply Quote
Never thought I'd see the day, but I managed to find some rare gloves today (which I nearly salvaged) which immediately sold for 2 billion... So now it got me thinking, maybe I underpriced them? :-D

Anyway, just want to tell you guys that there is hope for all of us! :-D

I can finally upgrade my crappy gear. :-D
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
yeah, my jump over 1B was very anticlimactic. Made 800M or so on Gold Dupe Day which did the trick. Only had about 5 min to buy a few gems and sell them before the wifey got all pissy with me being on when she wasn't asleep, lol. Else I prolly would have thought to see the gems in my sockets.

But, yeah, not alot to buy right now. Anything good is 2B. Anything really good is $50 or more on RMAH. And supply is short. Tough times.
Reply Quote
View profile
Im poor again had like close to 4beez saved but spent on my WD worth every penny
Reply Quote
yep I have 3B sitting and waiting and it seems like the only thing I am buying lately is starter set give aways and a new nat set that I am not even using at the moment because I need other gear to make it work.
Reply Quote
View profile
yeah from i hear it seems like upgrading requires doing a 2b snipe so i wish yall luck in campin the ah
Reply Quote
View profile
see thats bs too..comes to a point whats the point. 10x more more for little bitty gains. thats why i had saved 4beez in the first place. I'm not a spend thrift like that.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 5/28/2013 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am no good at AH camping cause when I can get online I just want to kill things. Maybe once I hit 100. OFC I will probably roll a doc or DH then.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
I just want to point out that the people who said I wasn't going to be poor for long (down to 40M last week after spending everything on my monk)... and those who said it'll take me a week to get back...

Yeah, all it took was Memorial Day weekend to make back 4b selling excess stuff in my stash. Now gonna go craft Marq Emeralds for my monk.
Reply Quote
I bet your stash would make me drool.LOL
Reply Quote
New High Score!
Reply Quote
Grats mate.

My highest balance was 500mill-ish.
Reply Quote
Congrats Loroese!

Always a great achievement, I recently achieved it too..sadly even 2 Beez and I cannot find anything really worth spending on. Looking over your gear I don't see much options either. Sadly you're going to likely end up in the same situation you were before unless you get a lucky bid in. Sucks how dead the economy is right now :(

Goals right now is to snipe an AR/int/max CC Nat's than switch out litany for a 5/5+ ET skull grasps. From there it's just hoping a better dagger pops up for a bid war (or snipe, doubt this though).

All 3 items are absurdly rare so I spend most of my time disappointed.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 5/28/2013 4:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Looking over your gear I don't see much options either. Sadly you're going to likely end up in the same situation you were before unless you get a lucky bid in. Sucks how dead the economy is right now :(

That's where I'm at exactly, and I'm a little over 2 bil now that I finished selling off my old SNS set. I haven't upgraded anything for a week or so because I can't bring myself to spend more than 100 mil or so on an item, besides my sword and the zuni pox I have. I managed to snag my gloves for around 100 mil and the OH for like 55 mil, and it's better dps than pretty much anything I can find for under 500 mil or so. I sold my old one for like 200 mil. I've just been scouting items from time to time to see if anything catches my eye.

It's good motivation to finish leveling though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]