Diablo® III

Maintenance Update - 5.14.2013

(Locked)

Community Manager
> Update 1:30 p.m. PDT: All services are now live. Patch notes are available here.

> Update 12:50 p.m. PDT: Maintenance has been extended. Please refer to our Service Status thread for additional details: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796360651

Hey all,

Some of you may have noticed that the Diablo III servers in the Americas were brought back online briefly, ahead of our 1:00 p.m. PDT estimate. This was not intended, as we were still in the process of testing patch 1.0.8a. (Whenever we deploy a patch, before we mark the servers live, we always take some time to make sure that the patch was applied correctly and that none of our services were impacted by the deployment.)

We've since brought the servers back into maintenance in order to complete our testing. We still anticipate that the game and all services should be live by 1:00 p.m. PDT, as originally estimated. Once everything is up and running, we'll provide another update in our normal maintenance thread located in the Service Status forum: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796360651

We know this may have been confusing for players and/or interrupted your game time. For that, we sincerely apologize. Thank you for reports (and potentially for your understanding) in the meantime. We hope to have 1.0.8a live and all servers up as quickly as possible.
Edited by Lylirra on 5/14/2013 1:56 PM PDT
ok sounds good, thank you for the update!
yolo
05/14/2013 12:03 PMPosted by Recl
idiots

b&
Thanks for an update.
05/14/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Lylirra
as quickly as possible

Right...
Hope no one in HC was playing at the time.
Thanks
ok cool
So, have you worked out how to bring down the servers without killing HC chrs yet or do I have to wait once more to find out if I am dead?
idiots

The ones that tried to play before the maintenance period was over? Yep, they sure are.
BUH......................
View profile
Bummer, thankfully no exploits this time? :D
idiots

Epic first post after Blue :)
Well you have to give them some credit for the updated information. It's better than the typical Blizzard, "It's ready when it's ready" arrogant pitch.
05/14/2013 12:05 PMPosted by Eric
idiots

The ones that tried to play before the maintenance period was over? Yep, they sure are.

HA, so True....
I know its Tuesday and I respect the fact that you guys want to make sure the game is free of !@#$ that happened during the launch of 1.8! I guess I would rather have a game that works then a game that requires way more downtime. Thanks for the update.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Better that you make sure its fixed and we wait an extra 2 hours than have the AH bug out and not have it for 3 or 4 days ;p
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]