Diablo® III

Combination Strike Skill Keys

View profile
Where do you guys put your skills when using combination strike?

I have FOT:TC on RMB, WoTHF:BF on LMB, MoC:OW on 1, then less used stuff on 2,3,4.

Since you try to time WoTHF and Mantra, would it be better to maybe put them on 1 and 2? Also, can you hit those at exactly the same time or do they need to be staggered?

I was sort of thinking maybe FOT:TC on RMB, Blind on LMB, and WoTHF and Moc on 1,2 might making hitting them a bit easier (RMB + 1 seems a bit weird as you use both hands.)
Reply Quote
I have FoT/ TC on LMB since it's my primary form of attack and it also doubles as mobility skill, so it's convenient to have it on the same button that commands your character's movement.

Then I have WotHF/BF on RMB, since I need to frequently reapply that one.

DR/FS I only need every 30 sec, so it's bound to my 1 key.

Everything else has been part of every build I've every played since the game came out and as such stays with the number key it's been initially assigned to, because I pretty much have those skills hardwired to my fingers.
Reply Quote
What difference does it makes if you are pushing 1 or 4? Put them wherever it feels natural to you. I know people will argue this, but there is no "correct" way to lay out your skills. All that matters is you know what button to push when you need that skill. I personally have FoT:TC on LMB, DR:Foresight on RMB, WotHF:BF on 1.

I have tried switching things around the way some of the elitists say (such as FoT:TC on RMB, mantra on 1) and it just doesn't feel right. My mind is just so trained to hit the keys as I currently have them bound that it isn't worth the effort to relearn. Not to mention the many deaths it would cause hitting the wrong buttons constantly just for the sake of putting them in a different place.
Edited by Zaugrishak#1828 on 5/15/2013 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
this isn't your build but I strongly perfer to put FoT on a key next to your spender, for me it's 'C' FoT and 'V' WoL... try it, I think you'll like it. if you hold it down you don't need to press mouse button to move and you also pickup a LOT less 'trash' :-)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#dSgkae!XgY!bcYaYb
Reply Quote
View profile
You're doing it right OP. Having TC on RMB and your secondary (FS/BF) on LMB is the best from my experience.

Have you tried putting ALL your bindings on your mouse? If you look at my skills, I have less used skills (FitL + Cyclone) on MWU/D and more frequently used skills on MB4 (OA) and MB5 (BW). I find doing it that way, there's less muscle fatigue with my left (non dominant) hand and can use that for moving, menus, and typing.
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 5/15/2013 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
You're doing it right OP. Having TC on RMB and your secondary (FS/BF) on LMB is the best from my experience.

Have you tried putting ALL your bindings on your mouse? If you look at my skills, I have less used skills (FitL + Cyclone) on MWU/D and more frequently used skills on MB4 (OA) and MB5 (BW). I find doing it that way, there's less muscle fatigue with my left (non dominant) hand and can use that for moving, menus, and typing.

Actually I do have TC on RMB and FS on LMB.

I'd love to try all on mouse, but my "thumb" buttons aren't hit by the thumb (you use your index finger.) I'm a lefty so I have to use an ambidextrous mouse.
Reply Quote
View profile

I'd love to try all on mouse, but my "thumb" buttons aren't hit by the thumb (you use your index finger.) I'm a lefty so I have to use an ambidextrous mouse.

Yeah that's why I said you're doing it right! :p only newbs still have TC on LMB ;;

Have you tried checking out "gaming" mice by companies like Steelseries and Razer? Mine is a Razer and I know for a fact they make a left handed version of the mouse I use.
Reply Quote
TC + BF = ON MOUSE!
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 05:18 PMPosted by DethAxe
I strongly perfer to put FoT on a key next to your spender, for me it's 'C' FoT and 'V' WoL... try it, I think you'll like it.

dunno, I like this a lot better... for ME, rapidly hitting or holding down a mouse button is more difficult AND movement is easier (without picking up trash). But I'm old... as ever, YMMV
Reply Quote
View profile
05/16/2013 12:35 AMPosted by DethAxe
rapidly hitting

This is another area where mouse binding is superior. The amount of clicks per second/minute that mouse wheel up/down provides is more than anything ANY other key/button can match. So if you're playing HC or something where timing is actually important, than I'd suggest giving binding Serenity and such on MWU/D.
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 5/16/2013 2:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Don't forget where you place the force move button!

I do have all my buttons mapped to my mouse, so I can play single handedly, but otherwise I have the rest of my skills on the wads+space keys.

Mouse
LMB: foresight,
RMB: FoT,
Middle mouse button: Mantra,
Thumb button up: Crippling Wave,
Thumb button down: sweeping winds,
Scroll up: cyclone strike,
Scroll down: potion,

Keyboard
A: Crippling wave,
W: sweeping winds,
S: force move,
D: Mantra,
Spacebar: cyclone strike
Q: Potion

Using the home keys lets my pinky finger rest on the shift button to be able to stand still to attack elites from a distance with deadly strike, and also my thumb is naturally placed on the spacebar. Having the force move button under sweeping winds is also useful as I don't spam SW, so no real need to have it in the same row as the other skills, but I do use the move button quite often.

@GunnersDream

The same would work for you as a lefty if you used the "O K ; L Spacebar and P" keys.
Reply Quote
View profile

Yeah that's why I said you're doing it right! :p only newbs still have TC on LMB ;;

Have you tried checking out "gaming" mice by companies like Steelseries and Razer? Mine is a Razer and I know for a fact they make a left handed version of the mouse I use.

Sorry my bad, I read it as the opposite. And ya I actually have a leftie razer but I ended up just using it at work. It's slightly larger (and I have large hands, but use a claw grip) than I prefer, but the thing I hate about it that they hard-wire the mouse buttons reversed. I use the mouse with my left hand, but I don't switch left and right mouse buttons. That's just nuts!

And ya, you can switch it back in software but it doesn't work very well. Specifically if you remote into other machines, it's not running that software, so it usually switches back. PIA.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]