Diablo® III

question for 1 LS monks, how to deal with ...

so I had my e-peen augmantation done today, ditched my LS echoing fury for a crit damage one.
I jumped right into a game and got ownt by reflect damage packs over and over.

my question is, how the hell do you deal with these guys with only 1 lifesteal weapon?
Reply Quote
thats cuz u have too much dps.. bwhahaha XD
probably look for a weapon to swap whenever you meet RD elites? thats wat i do tho. ^_^
Reply Quote
Get your overall mitigation ie damage reduction on d3up to 92% and better yet add a dash of LOH like a unity in place of your HF. That should about solve your dilemma. Also increasing your health pool will go a long way to achieving your goal.

Besides that your new epeen EF looks fantastic.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
Get more dmg mitigation. Only way to do deal with RD with only 1 LS weapon.
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 09:57 PMPosted by CaptainCarl
Get your overall mitigation ie damage reduction on d3up to 92% and better yet add a dash of LOH like a unity in place of your HF.

I've read this from you before. How did you arrive at the magical 92% damage reduction figure for single LS weapon?
Reply Quote
Damage reduction is based on res armor life and dodge chance it
has nothing to do with ls or loh
Reply Quote
It really depends on your build>:)

For me when i dual wield i had a 2.7 asp 2.8%LS 690AR 74khp and 900LoH and it work fine i have no problem whatsoever. It just me >;)
Reply Quote
It would also help to mix in some white mobs when you're attacking RD packs. Using cyclone strike instead of exploding palm would give both you a skill you can use against RD, and make it easier to pull in those mobs.

But 92% damage reduction would be 6200 armor and 620 all resist, gonna be hard to get that and keep your dps. Heck, hard to get those numbers keeping 200k dps. If you were to replace that lightning resist on your ammy with 800 loh, that'd be ideal.
Reply Quote
I recently augmented my EF e-peen, as well. Because of the occasional challenge brought about by reflect packs, I keep a LS EF in my stash with a potion and emerald separator (so I don't accidentally vendor it). I also spent most of my recent upgrade funds boosting my EHP so I don't have to whip out the LS EF anywhere near as much I used to.

I have actually started to get excited about EHP boosts nearly as much as DPS boosts. It's kind of unnerving when I think about it.
Reply Quote
It would also help to mix in some white mobs when you're attacking RD packs. Using cyclone strike instead of exploding palm would give both you a skill you can use against RD, and make it easier to pull in those mobs.

But 92% damage reduction would be 6200 armor and 620 all resist, gonna be hard to get that and keep your dps. Heck, hard to get those numbers keeping 200k dps. If you were to replace that lightning resist on your ammy with 800 loh, that'd be ideal.
thanks man, that's a very good suggestion
Reply Quote
I'm at 91% now, but was 92% before, dropped some resist for 45k DPS and I have to be more careful but my soloo clears are much faster. For public games, I go back to 5300/720AR to avoid embarassment :P
Reply Quote
285k dps low down to 272k dps, when I change to BOA chest and bracer that I can sit at 91.51% total damage reduction, 5297 armor, 653.9 AR, with single 2.9 LS sword.

http://d3up.com/b/595733/battleboy

I can stand one or two reflect, but not many reflects. I would keep away it.If there is less reflect, I would run it to kill them.
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 5/16/2013 6:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
don't hit them while they are flashing?
Reply Quote
Pop a super cheap shield with 10% crit, high dex/vit/resist! Much cheaper than a LS OH
Reply Quote
Get your overall mitigation ie damage reduction on d3up to 92% and better yet add a dash of LOH like a unity in place of your HF.

I've read this from you before. How did you arrive at the magical 92% damage reduction figure for single LS weapon?

This is based on a few of my friends and fellow monk observations and I tried it out myself. It's basically a guideline but when I tried it I was using Serenity and NDE so if it hit the fan and I got surrounded with all 3 Es having RD up and getting tagged by my SW and I am standing in Poison, Desecrate or Arcane I have to pop Serenity or NDE triggers. This cant be helped but on average standing there and taking it like a champe 92%+ with 2.7% LS or better will do the trick. My DPS was at 266K with 1 LS weapon if you need a comparison on how much RD was reflecting back at me.

Also in turn my monks gear can take on MP10 RD with 88% damage reduction with 2800 LOH and 71% IAS. If I switch to my Litany for 90%ish its even more effective.

EDIT: Also if your using Nirvana build mitigation is almost not a factor since your LS is through the roof. I run around without STI when I run Nirvana and no trouble sustaining against MP10 RD.

Cheers,
CC-
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 5/16/2013 7:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You got the big e-peen level DPS, but youre still below 500k EHP and your HP: EHP ratio is only 1:8.96 which is pretty squishy even though you have a big health pool. Since you're running without OWE and youre pretty squishy, going for that e-peen EF might not have been the best choice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]