Diablo® III

Keywarden spawning in Normal mode

The keywarden in Act3 spawned in Normal mode. I thought it wasn't supposed to spawn in Normal, Nightmare and Hell anymore? Has anyone else ran into a keywarden not in Inferno after they were supposedly removed?
Reply Quote
I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶n̶o̶u̶n̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶o̶v̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶r̶f̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶o̶v̶e̶d̶.̶
Edited by Rapap#1672 on 6/15/2013 9:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9647272/patch-108-now-live-5-7-2013

"Keywardens

Nekarat the Keywarden now has a chance to drop a random Key (of Destruction, Hate, or Terror) in addition to the Infernal Machine plans
All Keywardens will now only appear in Inferno difficulty."

Blizzard just can't fix things correctly.
Reply Quote
I always read all the patch notes. Guess somehow I missed that.
Reply Quote
To see if the Keywarden would spawn again I ran through the Stonefort in act3 a few times. Out of the 3 runs I did the Keywarden spawned 2 more times. This was in Normal mode MP10.
Reply Quote
05/16/2013 07:23 PMPosted by DKRises
Blizzard just can't fix things correctly.

like i pointed out in a thread of the same topic it is quite possible that it just didnt appear in testing. things like that happen. additionally, on the PTR how many ppl do you really think thoroughly tests normal-hell? imo, most people are testing inferno because that is what really affects the majority.

hopefully we will see a fix to this in an upcoming hotfix since its been reported a few times.
Reply Quote
I thought I would just add another report here -

I encountered Nekarat the Keywarden on Act IV Normal MP0

I was surprised but it seems a few people have been finding the same thing
Reply Quote
just thought i would pop in and say ive seen keywardens in non-inferno modes.
here is a pic of the last one i met.

http://i.imgur.com/b2Sd7PH.jpg?1
Reply Quote
Happened to me as well.
Keywarden spawned in Act3 Normal MP4.

I have a screenshot, I'll post it tonight.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you all know that we do have a potential fix for this. However, I don't have any info as to when it may appear on live servers. Just know that it's in the pipeline.

Thanks for all the reports!
Reply Quote
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you all know that we do have a potential fix for this. However, I don't have any info as to when it may appear on live servers. Just know that it's in the pipeline.

Thanks for all the reports!

hopefully by next tuesday they will throw it in a patch :P
if they already have it down i dont see why not :)
Reply Quote
Blizzard is fortunate that they are not overseen by US Government and forced to do product recalls like the automobile industry.
Reply Quote
Still happening:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9572659128
Reply Quote
I just lost my level 20 DH in Normal MP2 hardcore to the Dahlgur Oasis keywarden.

I was comfortably beating mobs & elites, but took about 2 seconds to go from 100% healthy, to hey, isn't that the aura-thingy from the Keywarden? to wtf, it's the Keywarden, to dead.

Nice bug.
Reply Quote
Yep, just killed key warden in oasis on normal, mp 10. was wtf is he doing here on normal?
Reply Quote
Yep, just killed key warden in oasis on normal, MP10. was wtf is he doing here on normal?
Same here, Oasis warden at normal mp10... Makes you wonder if these patches even get tested before going live
Edited by Koozwad#2314 on 9/24/2013 3:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am sure they get tested heavily. But, seeing how these incidents are few and far between, I would guess the odds of one spawning are miniscule and probably would not be caught by a small team of play-testers unless they tested for a year.

Millions of players on-line and only a handful have reported a kw spawn below inferno.
Reply Quote
Just wanted to let you know I ran into Sokahr in the Oasis on normal (10)...
Reply Quote
Heres a screenshot of me in act2 normal mp10.

http://i.imgur.com/JCBKeiS.jpg

Sokahr doesn't spawn every time bit I'd say about 1 out of 50 runs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]