Diablo® III

Why cant i search for upgrades to my BOA gear in AH?

So i have crafted a decent set of BOA gear, gloves, shoulders, neck, bracers, you know the usual. But for some reason i cant right click them, and search for similar in the AH?!? I know they are not the best gloves in the world, sure would be nice if i could find better. Without having to get out a pen and paper and write everything down. If you link it in chat and then click it, it covers where you enter the stats in the AH..... i could take a screen shot of all my gear, and then bring it up on a 2nd monitor, or print it out, again all of that seems a little extreme for comparing some gear. Any help on what we can do about it? thanks a bunch. John
Reply Quote
you don't have to write everything down, you can switch back and forth between tabs as you enter.

But I do agree, it is a pain.
Reply Quote
Bump. Should at least be able to see the stats (Edit)
Edited by Omniscient#1704 on 5/20/2013 12:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote

If you don't know what you're looking for on a piece of gear you might want to consider uninstalling.

Ive been away from the forums a long time, forgot about those elitists and trolls...
Reply Quote
Community Manager

We agree, it's a pain in the booty to try to find upgrades for a BoA item on the AH right now. Not a big issue, but still something that'd be a nice QoL change. Just spoke to Wyatt, and this is something that's been tasked to be added (don't have an ETA, though).
Reply Quote
05/20/2013 02:39 PMPosted by Lylirra

We agree, it's a pain in the booty to try to find upgrades for a BoA item on the AH right now. Not a big issue, but still something that'd be a nice QoL change. Just spoke to Wyatt, and this is something that's been tasked to be added (don't have an ETA, though).

while you are at it, mind checking if they can let us compare our items without having to pay 5m to unsocket them first?

tbh i think its fairly stupid that sockets get taken into account at all when comparing between items from the auction house.
Reply Quote
That is good to hear. Not a huge deal, but can't hurt.
Reply Quote
05/20/2013 02:46 PMPosted by Seraphim

while you are at it, mind checking if they can let us compare our items without having to pay 5m to unsocket them first?

tbh i think its fairly stupid that sockets get taken into account at all when comparing between items from the auction house.

To circumvent that, try using www.d3rawr.com and calculating the 110% CHD (or 150-150 damage) difference!
Reply Quote

To circumvent that, try using www.d3rawr.com and calculating the 110% CHD (or 150-150 damage) difference!

I generally use d3up.com
however it would be really nice if i could just compare in the auction house instead
Reply Quote
Community Manager

I don't know of any immediate plans off-hand, but I'm happy to make sure that the feedback gets passed on. :) (Or gets passed on again. I know it's something we've relayed before, and the developers agreed that it would be great-to-have feature.)
Reply Quote
Can you also add in comparing in the chat box outside of a game? Sometimes, I'm on the AH and want to compare more than one item by searching for one, linking it then searching for another.
Reply Quote

you can just go to the ah goldlog and find the item u wanna upgrade, ah will then show comparison to the same item but without gem stats, only works if u bought the item with open socket
Reply Quote
05/20/2013 02:56 PMPosted by Lylirra

I don't know of any immediate plans off-hand, but I'm happy to make sure that the feedback gets passed on. :) (Or gets passed on again. I know it's something we've relayed before, and the developers agreed that it would be great-to-have feature.)

How about auto populating standard affixes when searching for similar on legendary items?
Reply Quote
05/20/2013 02:56 PMPosted by Lylirra

I agree with his statement it would be nice to be able to compare items without having to take out the gem.(has to use 15 mil just to compare items over a couple days)
Reply Quote
05/21/2013 05:31 AMPosted by Jt3z
I agree with his statement it would be nice to be able to compare items without having to take out the gem.(has to use 15 mil just to compare items over a couple days)

just go to the AH goldlog and find the items you wanna upgrade
Reply Quote
05/20/2013 02:39 PMPosted by Lylirra

and please, please, please don't forget to enable the same thing for legendaries. atm it just gets the type but without any stats, what's quite a pain in the buttom as well
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]