Diablo® III

Almost as bad as being banned...

Thank you for your patience during our investigation. The rollback you requested has been completed successfully and your account is now ready for play.

Account Name: [censored]
BattleTag: Booby#1301

Your non-hardcore heroes have been rolled back to a pre-compromise state and all their items are now bound to your account, meaning that they cannot be traded with other players. Because this was your account's second and final rollback, access to the Real Money Auction House has been permanently revoked.

Please secure your account and your computer to help prevent future compromises. blah, blah, blah...

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment
Customer Support

------------------------------------------------------------------

Favorite parts:
The rollback you requested - Ha
all their items are now bound to your account - so much for cashing out
access to the Real Money Auction House has been permanently revoked - the hammer. ouch.

My account was hacked about 3 weeks after launch--before I had an authenticator--thus the second rollback.

I'm happy I can keep playing, but damn this hurts. You can be sure that I'll someday live-stream brimming my gg items
Edited by Booby#1301 on 5/10/2013 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
that sucks hardcore
Reply Quote
omg
you serious?

i havent got an email yet but.. wow.
Reply Quote
This is not a troll.

No more AH3 for me.
Reply Quote
Ouch! :/ I guess that's better than a permanent ban on your character. But man that sucks!!!!

P.S. BTW couldn't u just buy another cheap version of the game to get access to RMAH?
Reply Quote
I assume they dumped the gold, gems, otherwise back to the 'pre-compromise' state

Interesting on the BOA and the RMAH
Reply Quote
The email (e.g. "The rollback you requested...") is probably automated. BOA because they implemented BOA into the rollback process weeks ago and they probably rolled you back with their standard process.
Reply Quote
If the market is not completely gone down the tubes, you could use your pre-1.08 gold on a new account to get new purchases and transfer to a new one. Assuming they didn't destroy all your gold. Small price I suppose to not have the account completely banned. :(

EDIT:

05/10/2013 03:02 PMPosted by orb
The email (e.g. "The rollback you requested...") is probably automated. BOA because they implemented BOA into the rollback process weeks ago and they probably rolled you back with their standard process.

I am pretty sure they will bind on account all items for anyone who used this bug. It stinks royally, but it will certainly send a clear message to the overall player base not to do it again while retaining some of the punished players. It especially stinks if you were someone who didn't even know you triggered the bug and only did it once.
Edited by tekkazerox#1174 on 5/10/2013 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
booby, i do have a free key from my upgrade to collectors edition, you want a new account?
Reply Quote
View profile
did you keep your double gold?

And second rolls back eh? Please dont tell me you're in on all the scams.
Reply Quote
Your Mara's! This BoA rollback solution is total BS.

After the dust settles you should contest the RMAH ban. No way the account hacking should count against you... what a stupid policy.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 03:02 PMPosted by orb

Good God aren't we all glad they didn't choose to do a full rollback now? Everyone would have BOA gear. (some will say that is a good thing)

Also it will be interesting to see if your crafting mats from breakdown on items will be BOA too, just to see if they are treated differently that the BOA crafting gear breakdowns.
Edited by Harrowing#1449 on 5/10/2013 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
My stuff is basically BoA I cant even use rmah never could cos blizz claims my galaxy 3 dont take sms no worries.has not affected my expeniance

b4 gold took a crap if i saw something I liked over there i traded friend gold plus tip to go buy it for me
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 5/10/2013 3:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 03:21 PMPosted by Aimless
My stuff is basically BoA I cant even use rmah never could cos blizz claims my galaxy 3 dont take sms no worries.has not affected my expeniance

i like how you type aim.
Reply Quote
you can just have someone you trust sell your items in the future... but man that sucks :-(

did you do the gold glitch at all or just sell gems?
Reply Quote
View profile
what do you mean. FYI i cant see what im typing till i hit send.
Reply Quote
and hey.. at least you got your dream ammy before this happened -- not all is lost!
Reply Quote
One and only owner of the best trifecta WW maras then.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 03:12 PMPosted by Void
booby, i do have a free key from my upgrade to collectors edition, you want a new account?

The community as a whole continues to amaze me. Void, that is a gesture that I truly appreciate and will consider. If I do take you up on that, you can bet I'd find a way to pay you back.

05/10/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Aimless
And second rolls back eh? Please dont tell me you're in on all the scams.

Considering the situation I'm in, it's a conclusion that I can't blame you for coming to. No, I was not and am not an item duper. As I mentioned in my OP, it's my second due to having my account hacked 3 weeks after launch last year when I didn't have an authenticator on my account.

I haven't been able to log yet as I'm at work. I'll see the actual state of my toon when I get home tonight around 7:30.

05/10/2013 03:25 PMPosted by GrizZ
did you do the gold glitch at all or just sell gems?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796449960 - As I said here, yes, I did dupe.

Fact of the matter is, I exploited/cheated/!@#$ed up. No matter my intent, which was never malicious, I consciously made a poor decision for the sake of curiosity and am now paying the price. The consequences of my actions are painful, no doubt, but deserved.

I'm going to, at the very least, attempt to reinstate my access to the RMAH. I doubt I'll get far, but a two-strike rollback we-lock-you-out-from-RMAH system seems harsh.
Reply Quote
View profile
yeah sorry i took a "jobs test" in HS they said i should be a detective anyway its not so bad man. Im basically boa like i said and has not effected me. I cant game rmah vs gah against one another but still make billions and stuff like that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]