Diablo® III

Marvel Heroes

WoW, if you like ARPG and Sci-Fi theme.

It is a decent game! ^^
Reply Quote
i got to lvl 32 with wolverine and killed dr doom i thought the game was alright i just hope they have a decent endgame.
also the crafting of elements is pretty cool i hope they add more to the crafting
the loot is pretty decent atleast 80% is for your hero and the other 20% is for alt heroes so atleast you can gear your hero pretty easy and also love the artifacts there a great idea opens up heaps of builds
Reply Quote
Not many slots for items to equip and the balancing still needs to be done quite a bit.

Some environments are incredibly stale looking and could use more interesting enemies.
Reply Quote
I'm at the beginning with Thor. Loving it so far but yeah I agree with some of what's said here. The environments, enemies, etc seem a bit stale. The heroes/villains are done well. I love the outdoor raid bosses. I did Electro starting with 3-4 other people and eventually grew to like 10+ people which was awesome. The skill trees are a bit lacking in depth but the game is really fun to me so I suppose I can overlook that.
Reply Quote
I don't like the game at all. First it's very bland and the skill trees are unimaginative. Then they're going to ask you to spend outrageous amounts of money to purchase each character.

I'm sorry, but for all the crap David Brevik has talked, I think he has proven between this and Hellgate that not even he knows what makes a game like Diablo successful.
Edited by EonReD#1766 on 5/11/2013 12:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
it's a good game but the lag is brutal
Reply Quote
View profile
only reason there's any lag is cuz they've specifically asked people to help them stress test this weekend

this is the first time I've had any amount of lag in over a month of playing
Reply Quote
I don't like the game at all. First it's very bland and the skill trees are unimaginative. Then they're going to ask you to spend outrageous amounts of money to purchase each character.

I'm sorry, but for all the crap David Brevik has talked, I think he has proven between this and Hellgate that not even he knows what makes a game like Diablo successful.

I can agree to your first point, but I actually think their still adding skills and such. But as for buying the characters you don't HAVE to, you can actually find them as rare drops. Got Thing yesterday.
Also I think the game itself is solid, not a blockbuster, but a good decent game that will afford some amusement for a few weeks at least. Also bear in mind he's having to deal with Marvel on this, and they can be mighty ticky about how their characters are interpreted in a game. Ask Capcom.

To be blunt he honestly would have done himself better justice not to use marvel and go with something else. At least then you wouldn't have 20 - 30 of the same character rolling around looking the exact same with gear actually being able to change up your appearance.
Edited by Maoxx#1279 on 5/11/2013 6:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
they need to push back the release date 3 weeks till launch and the game aint nearly done at all they havnt even added endgame yet they said tnhey are at launch but i hope its been tested well
Reply Quote
View profile
u know what i waited a few hrs, they posted a msg that they were fixing lag, lag is gone.
take notes blizzard this is what ppl expect out of games they pay for. oh wait i havent spent a dime yet on marvel heroes. hmm well looks like im gonna be changin that in the future
Reply Quote
Actually they should push the game till year end .....
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
05/12/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Fireblade
Actually they should push the game till year end .....

I totally agree with this.

As I said in an earlier thread, I found Marvel Heroes to be bland and surprisingly boring. Someone stated that the art direction is based upon the comic books, but while I admit I haven't picked up a Spiderman/Thor/Iron Man, etc., comic book in quite some time, I remember the drawing portraying action, movement and seething energy--sometimes to the point of chaos.

That's missing in Marvel Heroes. There, the environment looks machine stamped. (Just like the heroes--it's rather disconcerting to see dozens of Hulks, et al., running about. I understand that's what MH is about--to play the role of your favorite superhero--but it loses it uniqueness when there are twenty folks playing the same character.)

The darkness in the comic books is seething, hiding threat and menance. Even when Peter Parker is just walking down the street, there is suspense as you know that violence is only a spider thread's breadth away.

Again, that's missing in Marvel Heroes. There's nothing menacing about the darkness; it's just dreary.

Part of it may be because of the nature of MMOs. You go to a quest giver who lays it all out for you. You know your objective, you know there will be trash mobs and maybe even a miniboss or two to clear, and you know that your objective will be met at the end of the questline. Unless the developers have been especially clever, there really isn't any mystery. For me, the fun is in the storyline, the exploration, the combat--both the mechanics and the animation--and, yes, the artwork. I want to be engaged by the environment. Wow is excellent at this; I remember stepping into Shadowglen for the very first time and being seduced by all the lush purples and greens and the music and the giant tree--which was all part of a much bigger tree, Teldrassil.

(I admit that I also love D3's artwork. There just something about a color saturated palette that makes me swoon.)

I definitely wasn't seduced in Marvel Heroes. The artwork, graphics, environment, combat, and even the music was, again, bland and boring. Generic, really. The storyline seemed mildly interesting and maybe it becomes more interesting as you progress, but it wasn't engaging enough to keep me playing past a few hours.

I'm hoping that perhaps the release version will be better, though I'm not holding my breath given that it's only three weeks until launch. I think that the game would definitely benefit from additional development time to add flourishes and finishing touches. Maybe that'll still happen after release.

I guess only time will tell.
Reply Quote
The story for Marvel Heroes is also kinda lame imo as I hate how they give the bad guys perspective and don't just stick with the heroes.

Also the heroes kinda seems like a bunch of kids going on a romp in the woods messing around and stuff, it isn't exactly serious or anything to me.

It's too bad they didn't try to make the story complex at all with plot twists and betrayals with actual surprises. Oh and revealing who the end boss was right away is quite lame imo.
Reply Quote
Marvel Heroes is a pretty good game. The point of it is that it is a free to play online ARPG.
And to the dude that said they will charge you outrageous money to buy new heroes, did you know that you can find new heroes as part of the loot that drops from defeating bosses and other enemies? And really why are you worried about them charging to buy extra heroes when A.) They give you one to start out with and B.) You pay outrageous amounts of money in this game just to buy gear for you character.
The skill tree does lack in depth a little but that's because they want you to play through with one character and then switch to another to see what that character is like, provided you find a new hero or buy one.
Graphics aren't super top notch super budget but they are pretty good and the physics in the environments are quite nice.
And what about Waypoints? they have them AND!! every time you start join a game, you have the chance to fight bosses from each level over again without having to pick specific quest. All waypoints are open to all your heroes, once they have been unlocked while you are out questing.
This game has a lot to offer. I do hope they add some form of PvP in the future.
I have played as Spider-man, Iron Man, Storm, and Dare Devil and they are all fun characters to build and use in the game. I also have black panther and hulk, both of which I found, but I haven't used them yet it game.
Marvel Heroes is a nice change from Diablo III. Running around all of the acts now finding the same crappy items has grown old, or I have just grown tired of playing because there really isn't anything else to do.
Reply Quote
Superheros and fixed camera ARPG, I don't think it a good idea without lots of character specific scripted manuvers and amazing scenes. For example, how do they represent Ironman's flying or spiderman's jumping through buildings.

Downloading beta...
Reply Quote
@FrozenSoul: Spider-mans jumping through buildings plays is done through a skill that allows you to websling around the areas you are in, its function is similar to the wizards teleport except you websling around the screen.
As for Iron Man, you fly around the different areas, like webslinging except you are flying.
Reply Quote
i got to lvl 32 with wolverine and killed dr doom i thought the game was alright i just hope they have a decent endgame.

https://marvelheroes.com/community/dev-blog/state-game-david-brevik

"We are very excited about the direction we are taking with the endgame. It is different and I think people will enjoy it."
Edited by Worldslayer#1626 on 5/13/2013 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
i think its awesome how they dealt with the lag issues on saturday. i like that they had a stress test, realized the system needed tweaking, worked all day on a saturday while the game is in beta stage. fixed it and gave an extra day of open beta to make up for it

that is what customer service should be for a video game
Reply Quote
View profile
They actually said it wasn't even the amount of people on the servers, that they could handle a lot more. But that it was something related to their network hardware configuration, whatever that means lol.
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 11:58 AMPosted by EonReD

QFT

"We are very excited about the direction we are taking with the endgame. It is different and I think people will enjoy it."

lol What is this? Welp! They said it'll be awesome, guess that settles it, right?
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 5/14/2013 5:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]