Diablo® III

Marvel Heroes

View profile
Actually the game is really good. Perhaps you'd know that if you stopped making assumptions and actually tried the game.
Reply Quote
@FrozenSoul: Spider-mans jumping through buildings plays is done through a skill that allows you to websling around the areas you are in, its function is similar to the wizards teleport except you websling around the screen.
As for Iron Man, you fly around the different areas, like webslinging except you are flying.

Played for 2 nights, not bad, but not huge either, I think I'll play it.
I like Cap, very dumb like how he should be LOL, and storm's skills, though the game crashed when I used med kit in flying mode.

I think they did a good job mapping in game characters to the comic books'.
Reply Quote
Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I have just started playing this recently...

Very good alternative to D3 atm (at least until / if an expansion comes out), and cool for comic book fans or people just getting into the Marvel scene.

Yes skill trees seem limited (honestly though, not much more than D3) and at least you can choose what u spend ur points on (and yes you can re-roll later- there is a type of consumable item for it).

Against the usual logic, any content that can be purchased as DLCs can also be found / unlocked in game with luck / patience so spending money is *entirely* optional

End game content has been added, to mix things up after u hit level 30 (at 30 u have unlocked all your skills) with various daily missions for quick access and raid-like events for good ol' MMO chaos.

Loot is refreshing; id say 90% is character specific, and while you can still find crappy items its not like D3 where u have fist weapons rolling with INT, cross-bows with WD skills or level 63 weapons with 250 dps. The gear you find is (mostly) quite appropriate for your level (and needs).

Crafting is cool and well structured; so far I have been able to craft consumable temporary stat boosters, upgrade weapons and add offensive and defensive affixs to my characters outfit.

As for the "20 hulks running around", yes you will see other players who look exactly like you, but as a D3 player with a monk, this is hardly any different. Different costumes can be unlocked and various cosmetic effects added to them.

Yes, it still has a few bugs here and there that are getting fixed up but overall a very enjoyable game and a very good alternative to D3.

And at the end of the day, its free to d/l, free to play

I recommend anyone who is finding D3 a bit stale to give it a go... Its available through steam or as a direct d/l. You've got nothing to lose but usage allowance.
Reply Quote
I bring cap to 30 and it is starting to get really boring, there is no end game, pvp sucks *for cap maybe*.

Just grinding dailies on the terminals isn't gonna cut it for me.
Reply Quote
Marvel Heroes is awesome. I didn't like it at first, but it got it's hooks into me a few hours in. I just hit the 100 hour mark which is alot for me on one game. Gazillion is constantly making changes and content updates and the game keeps evolving into something special.

Just grinding dailies on the terminals isn't gonna cut it for me.

But grinding Act 3 in D3 is better?
Edited by GreyWolfSif#1556 on 7/23/2013 10:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
i tried the latest marvel heroes patch on the test center last night. I need to play it a bit more but i fully think im gonna dump either my wiz or monk gear on the ah
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
A bit of aNecro but it must be said to all.

It pains me to make this.

I am a UP founder of this game and spend $30+ a month on in game items.

I post often on the forums, always polite but honest. I have
59 insightfuls
805 agrees
51 awesomes
101 lols
134 disagrees
4 flags.

All in 508 posts, this is important to my post.

It was brought to my attention that every post I now make is hidden.

When I submit a post it goes through, I can see it on my screen in the topic, and others can see it in my profiles post log. Yet Gaz has some how made every post I make invisible.

And why you ask? Well I do not know. I have received no message about being punished. My guess is because I point out the flaws in the game.

I am not alone either! I know of at least 4 others whos account has invisible posting.

This cannot be allowed continue. Gazillions secret police must be brought to light! You cannot silence all who disagree with choices you make, otherwise you run into someone like myself who speaks out.

No one should be fine with Draconian moderation that any disagreement gets your account ghosted so no one will ever hear from you again!

Everyone needs to know this, moderation like this cannot be allowed, I am done with this game because I will not tolerate, nor stand in line with a company who allows such moderation to continue.

I suggest everyone take the time to read this and understand just how bad moderation like this is. I have received no warnings about my posts, yet they moderated me so all posts are invisible, yet fool me by allowing them to post and be viewable on my end.

This cannot stand, everyone who reads this must demand change! We will not stand for this!

Sent from my iPhone
Reply Quote
Have you contacted support? It could very well be draconian forum moderation (which would definitely be a problem), or it could be a bug. The website is apparently having issues, so it could be connected to a technical issue. That you have so few flags suggests action hasn't been taken against your account, unless one of those flags was deemed offensive enough to carry extra weight...

And unless you've been using slurs or flat out insulting others as part of those flags, I wouldn't imagine you'd earned yourself any punishment.

I'd see if I could see your profile or posts myself, but I don't know your forum name there.
Edited by Berethos#1965 on 10/18/2013 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There were aspects of MH that I really liked (their take on respec, for example; I giggled with glee the first time a Retcon Device dropped for me in-game), but there's something about a loot-hunt ARPG that just didn't mesh with the whole superhero thing, for me. Finding version after version after slightly different version of Thor's hammer just didn't have the same impact that a good loot drop does in a fantasy setting.
Reply Quote
I tried MH and had my Hawkeye and Thor max level. I can say that the graphics, animation, sound etc is very subpar to diablo 3. Itemization sucks, they bind most of your items to your account, unique/cosmic items they call aren't even a game changer..

The only good thing about it is the devs listen to players but that's it. Worst part is they listen to the majority of players who like to play alone and want the game to be easy. Game has no economy you don't even have a trade window.

A lot of "UP owners" which spent 200$ on the game complained about the game a lot. And they delete their posts/hide them. Their avg player base is only like 2.5k max on weekends and about 1.5k weekdays on steam. And if you visit their forums, they have countless number of threads bashing diablo 3. Some dev's even joined the bandwagon bashing of d3. Some even say that marvel heroes online graphics is better rofl
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 05:31 AMPosted by cassanova777
And if you visit their forums, they have countless number of threads bashing diablo 3.

If by countless you mean zero in the first ten pages of General Discussion, then sure.

Honestly, the General Discussion forum here has more bashing of D3 (a lot more, in fact) than the MH forums do.

Criticisms of the graphics/aesthetic, itemization (which, at worst, is even with D3's itemization), the decision to bind items (most stuff is BoE and can be unbound - relics and uniques are the only two that are bound to your account), and whether unique/cosmic items fill the intended role of game changer...all that I can understand, even where I don't necessarily agree.

But seriously, why straight up lie in a bad attempt to make your argument look better, or somehow make your own bashing somehow more justified.
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 11:50 AMPosted by Berethos
And if you visit their forums, they have countless number of threads bashing diablo 3.

If by countless you mean zero in the first ten pages of General Discussion, then sure.

So you are basing it on the first 10 pages? that is already wrong just look at the first page right now lol two of us here (the other which is a UP owner) already stated that gaz hides/deletes posts/topics in their forums. Most of the forum people in mh knows this, so please, if you are a fanboy you know this is true rofl Oh and btw, MH has more people saying that their not happy with the game right now, hell I can't even count the number dissappointed UP owners.
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 10:41 PMPosted by cassanova777

So you are basing it on the first 10 pages? that is already wrong just look at the first page right now lol two of us here (the other which is a UP owner) already stated that gaz hides/deletes posts/topics in their forums. Most of the forum people in mh knows this, so please, if you are a fanboy you know this is true rofl Oh and btw, MH has more people saying that their not happy with the game right now, hell I can't even count the number dissappointed UP owners.

You mean the one thread that was started yesterday? Oh, that's so much bashing. It's terrible! Oh, the humanity!

Dude, half the thread is of people who like D3 in some way or another, but don't like all aspects of it and/or prefer MH to D3. If that's bashing a game, we need more like that instead of flat out blind hate for the product that isn't their preferred one.

So yeah, outside of that one...where's the countless threads bashing D3? Or do you really want me to believe your only proof is conveniently gone due to as of yet unproven draconian forum moderation?
Reply Quote
Oh wait, So you admitted you're wrong that it has 0 bash topics about diablo. talk about credibility.

want another wrong statement from you?

10/22/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Berethos
but don't like all aspects of it and/or prefer MH to D3. If that's bashing a game, we need more like that instead of flat out blind hate for the product that isn't their preferred one.

instead of blind hate? here's some of em.

"D3 was the biggest disappointment of my gaming career and I've been going since the 80's."
" D1 and D2 were good... But D3 flopped hard."
"D3 PC was an awful "Pay $60 for the privilege of paying even more to 'win'" game. The skill / rune system was completely wasted " clap clap clap.
Reply Quote
Oh wait, So you admitted you're wrong that it has 0 bash topics about diablo. talk about credibility.

want another wrong statement from you?

but don't like all aspects of it and/or prefer MH to D3. If that's bashing a game, we need more like that instead of flat out blind hate for the product that isn't their preferred one.

instead of blind hate? here's some of em.

"D3 was the biggest disappointment of my gaming career and I've been going since the 80's."
" D1 and D2 were good... But D3 flopped hard."
"D3 PC was an awful "Pay $60 for the privilege of paying even more to 'win'" game. The skill / rune system was completely wasted " clap clap clap.

My original post where I saw zero threads even discussing D3 (much less bashing it) was made the same day that thread was made, and was in fact posted before that thread was created.

In fact you can see the time for both - my post was made a full 12 hours - 11:50 AM versus 11:22 PM, both on Oct 21 - before that thread was created, and going back 10 pages worth (roughly 4-5 days) showed zero threads bashing D3.

Credibility intact, it would seem.

Now that we have that out of the way, I'd like to remind you that a single thread created yesterday is hardly your supposed "countless threads bashing D3."

Oh, and I can cherry pick quotes too:

"I WAS a hardcore D3 fan, I really enjoyed it."

"Same, got every class geared up and at least paragon 20+ (Monk main para 73). Once you got the gear it was enjoyable for a while, but getting there is the hard part."

"Everyone has their own opinions on D3. I think the core game play itself was fun and well done. Leveling from 1 to 60 was very fun; that isn't where the game failed."

"D3 is the more polished game but after almost 18 months of being live most people would expect that."

"D3, for me, really had nostalgia going for it because I played so much D2. The problem was...it wasn't D2. And the storyline & atmosphere felt completely different. It didn't feel as dark & macabre as I had anticipated and Diablo being feminine just...killed it for me. I couldn't get into it."

Totally sounds like they are just lining up to bash D3 as much as possible. /sarcasm
Reply Quote
Credibility, credibility.. Always not admitting he's wrong..

If I could give you 3 topics right now about them bashing d3 would you delete your account? or maybe put a sig that says I'm a MH fanboy? ^_^
Reply Quote
I'm a big Marvel fan and I have to say that Marvel Heroes in it's current state is much better than it was when it was released. It's a fun game now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]