Diablo® III

What's going on?

Someone tell me what's going on?
Reply Quote
Mass exodus from Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
I didnt play yesterday till i read the forum about dupe gold and everyone asking for roll back?
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 05:27 AMPosted by Vyndare
Mass exodus from Diablo 3.

Pretty sure that happened a few weeks after Diablo 3 came out. The people still playing it are few, but they aren't leaving.
Reply Quote
The economy is !@#$ed up in D3, just like the real world ;)
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 05:31 AMPosted by Demanto
The economy is !@#$ed up in D3, just like the real world ;)

how?
Reply Quote
The game has died, blizzard doesnt care about its players (New amirite) And everyone is quitting
Reply Quote
still playing :)
Reply Quote
Well, there are dozens of threads here with an exact play by play, but the basics are:

1. Patch was released with a new gold trading platform.

2. Users playing around with the new platform discovered a glitch that instantly doubled their gold.

3. Some were honest and reported while others went Hog-wild Nuts and began duping their meager millions into hundreds of billions.

4. The economy changed so fast that it created a massive surge in the gem economy (creating a legitimate way to get rich by trading gems).

5. Dupers, and unknowing gem traders alike used their new-found wealth to buy up basically every high dollar item in the game.

6. Traders, realizing there was a massive shift in the economy, began taking down their for-sale items and putting them back up for anywhere from 10 to 100 times their original value (did little to stop the dupers from buying them anyway)

7. Something, something, dogs and cats living together... something, something, all the worst parts of the bible. And so on, and so on...
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796569586
Reply Quote
... basically, if you were completely oblivious about all of this and - say - you currently have 20 million gold in your stash, you can just look at that gold as only having the purchase power of about 2 million (if you're lucky)... some are saying it probably only has the purchasing power of 200,000 now.
Reply Quote
Oh... I forgot the best part. Blizzard is adamant that there will be no rollback of Patch 1.08 or of the servers for the last 24 hours. So... the dupers are probably more than busted, but all the other legitimate trades are probably still going to hold... so many are saying you can count on the economy being out of whack for a very, very long time (some are suggesting it's perma-screwed).
Reply Quote
new patch ;) But I don't care, play EU server and HC ;)
Reply Quote
wow! damn.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]