Diablo® III

How come no public games in ACT 2?

05/10/2013 10:59 AMPosted by Superflu
I have found a lack of elite packs in this patch since I was expecting more of "everything", sure the trash mobs are plentiful and delicious.. but I want my main course.. Those delectable demonic essenceses.

Then ACT 2 starting in Vault of the Assassin's is for you since theres alot of elite packs in there. usually around 8.
Reply Quote
I agree with OP that there are a TON more Writhing Deceivers in Act 2 now and they are fun to kill.

The Lacunis with there ranged fireballs, Accursed that leave poison when killed, Desert Hornets are a bit of a pain and require more moving around.

In Act 1 I think Grotesques are probably the closest thing to those due to their exploding death but other monsters in that act are pretty simple to get rid of.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 11:11 AMPosted by MASKOAA
Then ACT 2 starting in Vault of the Assassin's is for you since theres alot of elite packs in there. usually around 8.

VotA is still a viable farming spot. I usually do Oasis first though so I have NV5 before entering.
Reply Quote
Funny to me how, in some threads, people complain about how the game is too easy... and yet people avoid A2 because it's "too hard" (to paraphrase).
Reply Quote
View profile
05/10/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Grimiku
In patch 1.0.8, we added a feature to Public Game quest selection called “Any Quest” to help players quickly join games and get into the action, and here’s how to find it if you haven’t seen it yet.

Yes...I only play public games since the launch of 1.0.8 and I only use this function to find my games.
Reply Quote
Hate those hornets with the invulnerable poison flies
Reply Quote
Act 4 all the way.

It's quick, efficient, and pretty much a constant stream of mobs.

Wonder how long till the masses discover this... There's like no downtime for the entire act and you do it in pretty good time where it's not too long or not too short.
Reply Quote
View profile
Like others have said, act 2 contains some annoying monsters, like the the invisible snake guys (they wouldn't be so annoying if they weren't invulnerable until they reappeared).
Reply Quote
IMO Act 2 has always been the worst for farming. It has the most annoying mobs - lacunis that are immune when leaping, burrowing guys, kiting bees, corpses that explode with poison, and some really fast guys that you have to facetank. On top of that the maps seem larger and quest progression is really a pain.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
05/10/2013 09:21 AMPosted by MASKOAA
Its actually the better act. The invisible mobs in Dalgur Oasis haven't been nerfed and they come in HUGE groups which means loot and xp....yet I see everyone on act 1? I've tested it and I'm getting way more XP in act 2.

It's most likely that Act 2's monster mechanics, with a good number of them having high invulnerability uptime and low player damage uptimg vs. them are keeping players from even considering Act 2.

I know that the sand dwellers never ever come out to play unless you sit there like an oaf and let them come up and get their free hit on you, all the while they're underground and now have an extra attack they can use while invulnerable.

The Lacuni family in Act 2/3 have their annoying jumping combo attack during which (yet again) they're invulnerable. And they repeat this attack constantly. Every time they're in the air, you can't touch them. "Immune" ad nauseum, in addition to their lobbed explosives.

And those snakes you refer to - yet another mob you have to let get right on top of you in order to even begin attacking. And they get their free hit too just like the first two. Move a few yards away to kite or get some maneuvering room and poof! Back they go to being invulnerable again.

And then there are the Thrall type enemies with their quite often used spin attack that reduces damage by what, about 90%?

The creativity when it comes to the monsters' tactics in Act 2 is abysmally pathetic, and much of the monsters there are nothing but frustration. It might be a nice change of scenery, but it isn't really that fun to run through.

Now, Act 1 has only a small handful of problems like the Pain Monger/Berserker family enemies being bugged again and turning while they swing (and not hitting you if you stand still half the time), and the bull type enemies that can charge you from off of the screen (yeah, I'm trying to figure out the dev's excuse for that one since there is no possible way to react to that). But the monsters are more facemelt friendly and less aggravating, unless you let them gang up on you that is.

Had the devs actually used some creativity with Act 2's monsters instead of just slapping a good number of them with invulnerability attacks and free hits on the player it'd be an awesome place to go to.
Reply Quote
I’ve been having a lot of fun playing public games (Act II included) since patch 1.0.8, and haven’t had any problems finding a game to join. I have a suggestion that might help you find Public Games if you don’t care what quest they’re on.

In patch 1.0.8, we added a feature to Public Game quest selection called “Any Quest” to help players quickly join games and get into the action, and here’s how to find it if you haven’t seen it yet. After clicking the “Public Games” option you’re prompted to select a quest, and each Act now has an option called “Any Quest” at the top of its quest list (you can also select “Any Act- Any Quest” at the very top). I hope this helps you find games with like-minded Nephalem to adventure with!

That was a great add to the game! Its a lot easier now to find a game you wanna play just by clicking "Any Quest", which now is avaliable in all Acts. GG Blizz
Reply Quote
View profile
I’ve been having a lot of fun playing public games (Act II included) since patch 1.0.8, and haven’t had any problems finding a game to join. I have a suggestion that might help you find Public Games if you don’t care what quest they’re on.

In patch 1.0.8, we added a feature to Public Game quest selection called “Any Quest” to help players quickly join games and get into the action, and here’s how to find it if you haven’t seen it yet. After clicking the “Public Games” option you’re prompted to select a quest, and each Act now has an option called “Any Quest” at the top of its quest list (you can also select “Any Act- Any Quest” at the very top). I hope this helps you find games with like-minded Nephalem to adventure with!

this and elite fight notification is my favorite part of the patch, best parts by far
Reply Quote
Where is this supposed "Any Quest" option? I dont see it friggin anywhere after i click the public games option.
Reply Quote
Strange... I find the invisible snakes to be the most interesting enemy. The enemy I find the most annoying are the f***ing phasebeasts - especially when you're trying to kite them with a demon hunter, and inadvertently pull a pack of elite succubi into the mix with Molten or Plagued affix.

I swear, the game seeks revenge on me because they always throw in either a pack of elite Plagued/Molten succubi, or a pack of elite Illusionist phasebeasts (or sometimes both!)
Edited by MimSiE#1669 on 5/10/2013 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I have been using this feature since it got brought out and I have to say i quite like it, you never know where you might end up which gives it a bit of variety :)
Reply Quote
i get into mp10 game on all act as soon as i click join
Reply Quote
Where is this supposed "Any Quest" option? I dont see it friggin anywhere after i click the public games option.

The first option of the quest selection menu for each act..
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 11:11 AMPosted by micky
I think you mean 2beez 2beez 2beez

Actually he meant Deez Deez Dezz Nuuuuu#$
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]