Diablo® III

Impossible to get some items in AH

I am pretty sure that someone has a bot for AH and this is really annoying.. I am try to by a weapon for my WD but I am not able to get it..

1: I bid 1.xxx.xxx, message is bid too low
2: I bid 1.xxx.xxx, message is bid too low
3: I bid 1.xxx.xxx, message is bid too low
4: I bid 2.000.000, message is bid too low and the price is 2.000.000
5: I bid 2.112.345, message is bid too low and the price is 2.112.345
6: I bid 2.412.345, message is bid too low and the price is 2.412.345
7: I bid 3.000.000, message is bid too low and the price is 3.000.000
8: I bid 8.500.000, message is bid too low and the price is 8.500.000

Don’t tell me that someone is thinking the exact same as me a bid 1 sec before me.
Reply Quote
nope you just haven't posted a higher bid than whats currently there.
Reply Quote
I have.. eg.. the price where 2,000.000, few sec later I bid 2.112.345, sec later I bid 2.412.345 as the price now where 2.112.345 all the way up to 8,5M

what I think is really wierd is the new price of the item.. its exacty the same price I where trying to get.

all my bids where whitin 2 min.. and it only updates when I bid..
Edited by ALG#2437 on 5/13/2013 11:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
they're not they jsut put up a much higher bid so when you but X, then they still win at X because their bid is higher that that.
Reply Quote
I have.. eg.. the price where 2,000.000, few sec later I bid 2.112.345, sec later I bid 2.412.345 as teh price now where 2.112.345 all the way up to 8,5M

what I think is really wierd is the new price of the item.. its exacty the same price I where trying to get

You don't understand the way the bidding system works. When you bid, you can select an amount. If the current bid is say, 100K, you can select a bid of 500M. The visible bid, however, will not reflect that. It will bump up about 10% (I forget the exact number), so it'll look like it's only at 115K. Meanwhile, if someone else bids at only the minimum required, it will seem to them as if you instantly outbid them, because your actual bid is way in excess of what they are bidding. The system automatically raises your bid, up to the amount you set.

If the item expires below your actual bid, you will be refunded the difference in price. As a result, quite often people will bid the exact amount they're willing to spend, which can be hundreds of times greater than the current bid. The only way to tell what the beating bid is at (beyond a few tricks) is to bid higher.
Edited by Zeriel#1544 on 5/13/2013 11:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
just google around, and you'll find scripts for AH bots all up for free grabs. The softcore AH is now a pathetic joke.

Why don't you try looking around diablo fans or something to see if you can find a player to trade with or to do a transaction with personally?

This is SO BAD because it is SO WRONG.

@OP: It's called proxy bidding. Read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_bid

The short answer is that bidding doesn't work the way you think it does. Here is an example:

Someone lists an item with a starting bid of 100 gold.

Player A bids a max bid of 500 gold. Player A is winning, but his current bid is only 100 gold, not the full 500. If the auction were to end without any other bids, he would win the item and get 400 gold back (500 max bid - 100 current bid).

Player B bids 200 gold. Player B gets told that he didn't bid enough, and Player A's current bid is now set at 200 gold. If the auction were to end without any other bids, Player A would win the item and 300 gold refund (500 - 200 current bid).

Supposed Player B now decides to bid 1000 gold. Player B would now have the highest bid, but NOT at 1000, he would have it at 501 (since Player A's max bid was only 500).

The lesson here is that you should ALWAYS just bid the max amount you're willing to pay for an item. The game will make sure that you pay as little as possible, as long as you bid more than anyone else bids. If you lose the item, it means someone was willing to spend more than you.
Edited by FalconGK81#1833 on 5/13/2013 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am pretty sure that someone has a bot for AH and this is really annoying.. I am try to by a weapon for my WD but I am not able to get it..

Don’t tell me that someone is thinking the exact same as me a bid 1 sec before me.

/facepalm

L2Proxybid
Reply Quote
@DuckofDeath if you don't have anything constructive to add, maybe you should just leave the thread.

@OP: In case you didn't understand my previous post, the reason you saw those results is because whoever has the current high bid placed a max bid greater than 8.5m. So you never beat his max bid. You did succeed in making him pay a much higher price (so you helped the seller get a price closer to the market value).
Edited by FalconGK81#1833 on 5/13/2013 12:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think you're doing it wrong. If someone bids 2B gold on an item, the bid that you see when you search will only be the minimum amount that the 2B bidder needed to win the auction.

If you then bid 500M, you get a decline but you will then see the bid as 500M because that's what the 2B bidder needs to outbid you. If you bid 1B gold, then that's what you'll see after you are declined yet again.

Only with a bid higher than 2B gold (which is impossible) would you win that item.

This is how it's been since the beginning. Sorry it took you a whole year to figure it out.

You're welcome.
Reply Quote
I sometimes raise my bids when I know I was way underbidding just so that the person that wins it will have to pay more...lol
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 12:03 PMPosted by AxeLord
I sometimes raise my bids when I know I was way underbidding just so that the person that wins it will have to pay more...lol

LOL i've done this. Kind of a little jab to the rich guys...LOL
Edited by Omniscient#1704 on 5/13/2013 12:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote

LOL i've done this. Kind of a little "F U" to the rich guys...LOL

I bought a crappy lamentation belt today.. I bid 6000 and I was immediately overbid... so I bid 7000..it happened again so I bid 8000.. and again I was outbid... I was like seriously? who is buying this piece of junk? So I put in 12000 an I won it... That poor guy...

I immediately salvaged it.. lol.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 5/13/2013 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's not a bot...its refresh page issue...blizzard doesn't refresh the bids...so it looks like it is a bot.

Blizzards needs a refresh button in the ah to fix this issue.

Ex: current bid 100gold ---- you bid 110 gold and it is listed s too low ----- then you bid 120 gold and it is still to low.....what actually happended is someone bid 10000 gold and it was not refreshed-----so you will be getting that too low prompt until you bid over 10000gold...

cheers,

;-)
Reply Quote
It's not a bot...its refresh page issue...blizzard doesn't refresh the bids...so it looks like it is a bot.

Ex: current bid 100gold ---- you bid 110 gold and it is listed s too low ----- then you bid 120 gold and it is still to low.....what actually happended is someone bid 10000 gold and it was not refreshed-----so you will be getting that too low prompt until you bid over 10000gold...

cheers,

;-)

Its not a refresh issue. Read the damned thread. Or go look up Proxy bidding.

/facepalm

Is that constructive enough Falcon?
Reply Quote
What about gaming syndicates, like say...people that farm gold in groups. What's to stop them from artificially rigging auctions with upping bids on each others items. If they sell higher - great, if it fails then the gold, and the item, is still in the group, assuming that it would work more often than not.
Edited by Swagdogg#1830 on 5/13/2013 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote

cheers,

;-)

Its not a refresh issue. Read the damned thread. Or go look up Proxy bidding.

/facepalm

Is that constructive enough Falcon?

No,it's not constructive, /FACEPALM!

How do you like it mr duck ?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
@OP: It's called proxy bidding. Read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_bid

The short answer is that bidding doesn't work the way you think it does. Here is an example:

Someone lists an item with a starting bid of 100 gold.

Player A bids a max bid of 500 gold. Player A is winning, but his current bid is only 100 gold, not the full 500. If the auction were to end without any other bids, he would win the item and get 400 gold back (500 max bid - 100 current bid).

Player B bids 200 gold. Player B gets told that he didn't bid enough, and Player A's current bid is now set at 200 gold. If the auction were to end without any other bids, Player A would win the item and 300 gold refund (500 - 200 current bid).

Supposed Player B now decides to bid 1000 gold. Player B would now have the highest bid, but NOT at 1000, he would have it at 501 (since Player A's max bid was only 500).

The lesson here is that you should ALWAYS just bid the max amount you're willing to pay for an item. The game will make sure that you pay as little as possible, as long as you bid more than anyone else bids. If you lose the item, it means someone was willing to spend more than you.
This is a great overview of how proxy bidding works!

In essence, if you are continuing to get messages saying that your bid is too low, that means that the other player's maximum bid is higher than whatever you are offering for the item.

Additionally, we recently updated our Game Guide with a bit more information about how bidding works in Diablo III. I recommend you check it out here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/auction-house#bidding
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 12:17 PMPosted by Swagdogg
What about gaming syndicates, like say...people that farm gold in groups. What's to stop them from artificially rigging auctions with upping bids on each others items. If they sell higher - great, if it fails then the gold, and the item, is still in the group.

Every failure would cost the group the 15% gold sink tax. You are better off just listing it at the higher price.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]