Diablo® III

Impossible to get some items in AH

i do the same thing...lol
Reply Quote
HAHA ur funy
Reply Quote
I am pretty sure that someone has a bot for AH and this is really annoying.. I am try to by a weapon for my WD but I am not able to get it..

1: I bid 1.xxx.xxx, message is bid too low
2: I bid 1.xxx.xxx, message is bid too low
3: I bid 1.xxx.xxx, message is bid too low
4: I bid 2.000.000, message is bid too low and the price is 2.000.000
5: I bid 2.112.345, message is bid too low and the price is 2.112.345
6: I bid 2.412.345, message is bid too low and the price is 2.412.345
7: I bid 3.000.000, message is bid too low and the price is 3.000.000
8: I bid 8.500.000, message is bid too low and the price is 8.500.000

Don’t tell me that someone is thinking the exact same as me a bid 1 sec before me.

If you bid on an item that is currently 750k and you bid 800, but the person that is winning already put his max bid at 7mil then until you hit that break point your bid is to low. Are you really that stupid you needed to make a forum post on this or just bored because the game is down?
Reply Quote
Practice on Ebay.
Reply Quote
Impossible to get some items in AH

Impossible? ROFL

Bid like you mean it son!!!
Reply Quote
Proxy bidding works just fine. Someone was mentioning how flippers can get a lot of gold by just putting in 2b at the last second and winning and the selling the item back. It doesn't always work out for someone who's trying to re-flip the item. Say this this item has a starting bid at 100 gold. And then 5 minutes before the item ends its at 50m. At the last minute it goes up to about 150m. The person with "lots of gold" puts 2b at the last second, but what also could've happened is another "rich" sniper put 1b one second before the guy who puts 2b. Both people enter an amount that they expect to win since "this item" will probably sell back at 400-500m. Now the person who entered 1b is saying "WTF" and the person who put 2b is stuck with a 500m item that he paid 1b for. People should stop complaining on here. There are pros and cons to everything.
Reply Quote
Someone care to explain why sometimes I'll have a current bid of lets say 10 million, then I get outbid and will be waiting for the bid to reach a lower time remaining but then when I check back later its at a current bid of 0, and when I go to place another bid it comes up as 0 also? But it clearly shows time remaining as lets say 5 hours, yet nobody can bid on it? Think its a bug but would like to know for sure. Thanks.
Reply Quote
chillaxin..how about you stop talking
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 01:26 PMPosted by BLuESuN
chillaxin..how about you stop talking

A lot of illegitimate players make huge profit off the 2billion gold auction house cap. If anyone is foolish enough to post an item worth over 2billion gold on the GAH, someone out there buys it for huge gains. So obviously there is a select crowd that doesn't want me to shine the light on this subject.
Reply Quote
Proxy Bidding. Not it's not proxy bidding that's making it so that flippers can profit.

And no, a regular bidding procedure where players pay out their max bid would not matter. The problem is when you think there is a "problem" and then you create a "solution" without thinking clearly what that "solution" would actually do. And it'll do nothing.

With a regular bidding procedure, you'll need to attend to the auction and bid slightly higher then the previous bid until you reach the maximum you are willing to pay. If you can't attend to the auction, for example if you have work during the time then you'll either have to skip work or bid the maximum you are willing to pay immediately.

With a proxy bidding procedure, you don't need to attend to the auction, just bid the maximum you are willing to pay.

Sure there are tricks to it. But none of it is as insidious as you think.

You can't argue your case with faulty arguments either. Lets take the 2 billion gold flipping argument. You are morphing the idea of a flipper top bidding on an item worth MORE then 2 billion and then putting it on a 3rd party trading site for its true value to saying that flippers top bid 2 billion on any decent item (the ones you are bidding 30-500m on) and then flip them back on the AH when they get it.

I'll tell you that this is never the case unless the flipper is really stupid. Because the beauty of it is that there isn't just one flipper. 2 flippers bidding on the same decent item for 2 billion will break the bank of one of the flippers.

Quite frankly look at it this way. Flippers don't profit unless they can purchase an item for at least 85% lower then their projected price of the item. If they see an item that they believe they can sell for 20 million, the most they can bid on it is 17 million, if they end up purchasing it at any higher price they have a net loss.

So saying that you bidded 500m on an item and weeping that you didn't get it because some Flipper put 2 billion on it means that you are professing that you bidded 500m on an item with a projected worth of over 2.353b.

Yea. You just expected to get an item for less then a quarter of its true price.
Reply Quote
In fact removing the price ceiling would prevent flippers from getting exorbitant profits from flipping items with over 2 billion worth and allow the seller to get a fairer price for his items.

The prices aren't raising! At least not in the sections where removing a price cap would matter. Getting to 80k - 140k dps with a decent mitigation isn't expensive, and you'll only need that much to contemplate playing m7-m10.
Reply Quote
I am pretty sure that someone has a bot for AH and this is really annoying.. I am try to by a weapon for my WD but I am not able to get it..

8: I bid 8.500.000, message is bid too low and the price is 8.500.000

Don’t tell me that someone is thinking the exact same as me a bid 1 sec before me.

Impossible to get items WITHOUT the AH. That is the main problem of the game.
Reply Quote
Last time i tried to buy Nat ring- around 300m +, some1 had like 280m, i put 300- too low, 400- too low, 1b- too low! ... Funny thing? price stayed at 280M and some1 won that even while i tried to outbid him, bugs, bugs everywhere
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 03:12 PMPosted by Thanatos
Last time i tried to buy Nat ring- around 300m +, some1 had like 280m, i put 300- too low, 400- too low, 1b- too low! ... Funny thing? price stayed at 280M and some1 won that even while i tried to outbid him, bugs, bugs everywhere

Wow what a Liar.
Reply Quote
op made me lol so hard :)
no hard feelings
Reply Quote
op made me lol so hard :)
no hard feelings

Well.... can't blame op, as Blizz fails to put this info in the game guide on day 1.

That is why we still have players asking this question.

The best one to me was.... recently after 1.0.8, I see a player standing right next to me doing ID item one by one, until I told him about Book of Cain....

LOL
Reply Quote
The best one to me was.... recently after 1.0.8, I see a player standing right next to me doing ID item one by one, until I told him about Book of Cain....

LOL

Yeah, I'm guilty of a few years of online gaming without ever reading patch notes too.
Reply Quote
good luck working against all the AH bots. That's the main problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]