Diablo® III

Impossible to get some items in AH

Yea, I want to buy this 1200+dps 1hander with CD, OS and LS for 10M.. but it keeps telling me my bid is too low.. system is broken :).
Reply Quote
update the bidding faster. so we can see the new highest bid....
Reply Quote
View profile

Its not a refresh issue. Read the damned thread. Or go look up Proxy bidding.

/facepalm

Is that constructive enough Falcon?

No,it's not constructive, /FACEPALM!

How do you like it mr duck ?

I think its funny you are bothered so much that I give people the facepalm. So sad. /smdh
Reply Quote
Hi Vaeflare,

Is my understanding of 2bil max bid incorrect?
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 12:24 PMPosted by koros
Yea, I want to buy this 1200+dps 1hander with CD, OS and LS for 10M.. but it keeps telling me my bid is too low.. system is broken :).

Heck I want to buy it for 40 million and can't..
Reply Quote
View profile
05/13/2013 12:24 PMPosted by koros

05/13/2013 12:25 PMPosted by cheese

I mean seriously how can these people not deserve the /facepalm?

Read the thread people. The system is not broken and it doesnt need to update faster.
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 12:25 PMPosted by cheese

LOL just bid what you would like to pay for the item. If you still get rejected, then you are not meant to have the item because someone else wants it more....THE END
Reply Quote
Not even a "thank you" from the OP to all the good answers including the blue one. That's rude.

:)
Reply Quote
Hi Vaeflare,

Is my understanding of 2bil max bid incorrect?
Reply Quote
View profile

No,it's not constructive, /FACEPALM!

How do you like it mr duck ?

I think its funny you are bothered so much that I give people the facepalm. So sad. /smdh

No, the sad part is, that you live in society,and think its OK to facepalm people. Arrogant much ?
Edited by cajunctionAI#1755 on 5/13/2013 12:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
just google around, and you'll find scripts for AH bots all up for free grabs. The softcore AH is now a pathetic joke.

Why don't you try looking around diablo fans or something to see if you can find a player to trade with or to do a transaction with personally?

This is SO BAD because it is SO WRONG.

@OP: It's called proxy bidding. Read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_bid

The short answer is that bidding doesn't work the way you think it does. Here is an example:

Someone lists an item with a starting bid of 100 gold.

Player A bids a max bid of 500 gold. Player A is winning, but his current bid is only 100 gold, not the full 500. If the auction were to end without any other bids, he would win the item and get 400 gold back (500 max bid - 100 current bid).

Player B bids 200 gold. Player B gets told that he didn't bid enough, and Player A's current bid is now set at 200 gold. If the auction were to end without any other bids, Player A would win the item and 300 gold refund (500 - 200 current bid).

Supposed Player B now decides to bid 1000 gold. Player B would now have the highest bid, but NOT at 1000, he would have it at 501 (since Player A's max bid was only 500).

The lesson here is that you should ALWAYS just bid the max amount you're willing to pay for an item. The game will make sure that you pay as little as possible, as long as you bid more than anyone else bids. If you lose the item, it means someone was willing to spend more than you.

Great explanation, although it doesn't explain where does that misleading and unnecessary "current bid" number appears. If the AH works the way you're explaining, I don't see the use of the "current bid" number. ¿Why does this number is even displayed to players? It's damn misleading. So many times i've seen great items at "current bit 50m". I bid 60m - I'm winning and the current bid moves to 60m as well.

Auction ends and I never got the item.

Please Blizz do us all the favor and simply remove the "current bid" number or simply leave it at the bid owner's default number. It's plain stupid. If Max Bids are hidden from everyone and that's what determines who gets to keep the item, why fool us with a "current bid" thats means nothing?
Reply Quote
Best way to avoid shilling as far as I know is not to put in your maximum bid until the last few seconds of the auction. That way, they don't have the time to shill your bid unless they really are botting and you still only pay the maximum you are willing to pay.

If you put in a max bid with hours left, you give the seller plenty of time to figure out what your max bid is unless you know how to set a proper bid that makes it harder to determine your maximum bid. It gets very complicated this way though. Best to just wait until the last minute and bid your max. If you lose, oh well. If you win you get it for no more than the max you were willing to pay.
Reply Quote
View profile

No, the sad part is, that you live in society,and think its OK to facepalm people. Arrogant much ?

Right. This coming from a person that often calls people lame on the forums. Hypocritical much?
Reply Quote
Welcome to Diablo 3, where the auction house has more depth than the actual game.
Reply Quote
Facepalm.. this is why you dont give billions of gold to an " insert word here ".

Ive been dealing with this system back when I had a few hundreds of gold, bidding thousands If I felt daring..

Its kind of sad if you are learning these basic things with billionaire amounts.. you kind of skipped all the learning curve to a ridiculous degree :P.
Reply Quote
If blizzard actually wanted more fairness to the bidding system, then they should end auctions randomly in the last 5 min. More times than I can think, I got bid sniped on an item at the last 5 seconds of the auction. I have also won a few of these auctions this type of way. If they want people to actually bid what they are willing to pay for stuff, just do the random end. Too easy for a automated bot to just throw up a huge bid at the end, when no one has time to react to it regardless.
Reply Quote
Can't blame them for setting things up this way. It helps maximize bids which helps maximize profits. I'd leave it exactly as it is if I was running the business. Sucks for the bidders though. In this system, it's always a sellers market. Unless the seller is an idiot of course and puts too low of a buyout price, in which case it's just flipped for a higher price anyway.
Reply Quote
View profile

Right. This coming from a person that often calls people lame on the forums. Hypocritical much?

Facepalm carries with it a far more negative meaning, than a simple lame, especially given that many people over time have used artwork to depict it no less...so ya I think so.

But good try to deflect your guilt. My lame comment was most likely well deserved, but telling people they are dumb ( inferred by facepalm), isn't terribly considerate.
Edited by cajunctionAI#1755 on 5/13/2013 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 01:37 PMPosted by cajunctionAI
Facepalm carries with it a far more negative meaning, than a simple lame, especially given that many people over time have used artwork to depict it no less...so ya I think so

ASCII art is pretty much frowned upon in most forums. Even more so when it's used to insult someone. Some forums even ban people for it. Not sure what the policy on ASCII art is in these forums. Maybe someone can enlighten us on the subject.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]