Diablo® III

Impossible to get some items in AH

Chillax knows whats up listen to him. OP seems to be a broke bidder, boo-hooo. Fatum, you are clearly a complete and total moron, good luck in everyday life.
Reply Quote
The amount of potential buyers who are willing to watch and for auctions is significantly less than the players who are willing to use "buy-it-now". The difference is extreme. I would say at least 99% of the potential buyers are more willing to use "buy-it-now" then wait for an auction to expire.

So the main reason these items sell for under market value is because it has less than 1% of the population viewing them. It also requires at least 2 players willing to pay market value in order for the item to be sold at market value.

What a load of BS. There's no way 99% of the buyers are willing to "buy-it-now" at a grossly inflated price rather than wait a measly 1.5 days to get it at the true market price considering that items at that level become available so infrequently. What you're calling "market value" is not true market. It is market manipulation by controlling a limited supply. It amounts to price fixing. If there was a plentiful supply of items at the high-end, such manipulation could not occur. But with such limited supply, those with most gold can artificially inflate prices.
Reply Quote
Where did you ppl learn to debate.

Let me set an imaginary market value based on the amount of gold I've managed to collect. Then justify a ceiling amount based on the fact that I think everyone should have accumulated that amount.

Oh and then let me scoured the internet for economic Nobel prize winners because they know best even though the entire world is close to an economic collapse. I mean hell Nobel prizes are only given to those who really deserve them. Look at Obama's Peace prize for a perfect example there.

ROFLMAO
Reply Quote
What a load of BS. There's no way 99% of the buyers are willing to "buy-it-now" at a grossly inflated price rather than wait a measly 1.5 days to get it at the true market price considering that items at that level become available so infrequently. What you're calling "market value" is not true market. It is market manipulation by controlling a limited supply. It amounts to price fixing. If there was a plentiful supply of items at the high-end, such manipulation could not occur. But with such limited supply, those with most gold can artificially inflate prices.

Whoah.

Chill.

Great deals on auction houses are not common knowledge. To further add to that, the Diablo 3 auction house has very primitive search features. Most players want their item now and use the "buy-it-now" and don't want to wait for days to find the specific item they want to appear as auction-only. Time is money. Players who use "buy-it-now" pay more money to save time waiting. It is how real auctions work everywhere in the world.

Look at ebay. "buy-it-nows" are universally more expensive than auction-only. Saying the "buy-it-nows" are "artificially inflated" or "not market value" is completely false.
Reply Quote
Wow, I thought I've seen the ceiling on morons, but Fatum and Demented clearly break through the top. Priced are dicated base on what someone will pay for them, period. Most people are impatient so would much rather do a buy it now auction than waiting and then... ta-da get out bid at the last second becuase they're broke jokes, Lots of deals to be had waiting for auctions to expire but the down side is a lot of time there is someone else there waiting to strike with a bigger wallet. Such is life, stop being babies.
Reply Quote
my action house doesnt work 72 hours have pass already and i cant use AH hope blizz do something =(
Reply Quote
just google around, and you'll find scripts for AH bots all up for free grabs. The softcore AH is now a pathetic joke.

Why don't you try looking around diablo fans or something to see if you can find a player to trade with or to do a transaction with personally?

I agree, it happened to me too. It must be bot.
Reply Quote
I love it when people assume others have all this billions of gold, I've been playing since day 1, and have had i think 500 mill at one time, long since gone to crafting and what not. Not everyone flips the AHs for their millions, or buys gold and items with the RMAH/3rd party websites. Some have gotten lucky, and thats great, but still, 2 bill is a lot to most people, me included.
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Lestat
my action house doesnt work 72 hours have pass already and i cant use AH hope blizz do something =(

slightly off topic, but try changing your battle.net/account password. then log back in and see if the AH is available for you.
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 07:46 PMPosted by RagingKoala
I love it when people assume others have all this billions of gold, I've been playing since day 1, and have had i think 500 mill at one time, long since gone to crafting and what not. Not everyone flips the AHs for their millions, or buys gold and items with the RMAH/3rd party websites. Some have gotten lucky, and thats great, but still, 2 bill is a lot to most people, me included.

Many of the AH expert vendors will have you know that you're playing D3 incorrectly by not buying gold or flipping the AH in order to gain buying power :)
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Otis
Many of the AH expert vendors will have you know that you're playing D3 incorrectly by not buying gold or flipping the AH in order to gain buying power

No one believes that. Playing selffound is an example of a respectable way to play. There are many fun ways to play. As long as you're having fun, and not breaking the rules nor griefing, it is "correct"!
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 5/13/2013 8:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am pretty sure that someone has a bot for AH and this is really annoying.. I am try to by a weapon for my WD but I am not able to get it..

1: I bid 1.xxx.xxx, message is bid too low
2: I bid 1.xxx.xxx, message is bid too low
3: I bid 1.xxx.xxx, message is bid too low
4: I bid 2.000.000, message is bid too low and the price is 2.000.000
5: I bid 2.112.345, message is bid too low and the price is 2.112.345
6: I bid 2.412.345, message is bid too low and the price is 2.412.345
7: I bid 3.000.000, message is bid too low and the price is 3.000.000
8: I bid 8.500.000, message is bid too low and the price is 8.500.000

Don’t tell me that someone is thinking the exact same as me a bid 1 sec before me.

When I tried to bid for an item without a buyout was thinking the same thing. But then I learned what proxy bidding is then I knew otherwise. I knew that I did not outbid the bid that was currently on the item.
Reply Quote
Don't use AH = FREE STRESS :)
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 08:13 PMPosted by Chillaxin
Many of the AH expert vendors will have you know that you're playing D3 incorrectly by not buying gold or flipping the AH in order to gain buying power

No one believes that. Playing selffound is an example of a respectable way to play. There are many fun ways to play. As long as you're having fun, and not breaking the rules nor griefing, it is "correct"!

That's why I said many. You're an exception.

Also, only noobs play self found. Who'd put themselves through that kind of abuse?
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Alkabides
Wow, I thought I've seen the ceiling on morons, but Fatum and Demented clearly break through the top. Priced are dicated base on what someone will pay for them, period. Most people are impatient so would much rather do a buy it now auction than waiting and then... ta-da get out bid at the last second becuase they're broke jokes, Lots of deals to be had waiting for auctions to expire but the down side is a lot of time there is someone else there waiting to strike with a bigger wallet. Such is life, stop being babies.

1st off, by name calling you just lost any creditability you might have had.

2nd you have zero proof that prices are dictated by what others pay. That's you're opinion not fact. Estimated market value is another opinion not fact. Disinformation is such a wonderful tactic isn't it. It's much more likely that those prices are arbitrary outrageous shots in the dark with the hope of a sale. And I'm willing to bet those sold are to the very small minority who accumulated their fortunes through illegal means or those actually paying real money for gold. In fact, from what I've seen, I'd go so far to say it's my opinion that less than 20% of actual sales are above 20 million. In either case only Blizzard staff with access to the accounting records could voice such a claim.

3rdly, I am far from broke, nor am I moaning about failing to get an item I desired on the AH. Instead I've constantly written about ways to correct what the majority of other players have voiced as their own concerns relating to the AH and its problems.

4th, the RMAH should have never been placed in this game. This is a fact as even Blizzard staff have stated it.

5th, Finally from what I can see the only ppl trolling, crying about caps, or trying to prevent good changes to fix any of the AH issues (that the majority of players have spoken up about) are those are those trying to make real money off this game. If you think this is not true simply re-read the vast amount of AH complaints and it's obvious who's who.

One more point here.

Remove the ability to buy gold, and remove the RMAH and see how well those billion dollar items sell.

Your way is accomplishing nothing but community heartache, I say let's put it to a actual official community one vote per ip vote and see where the dice fall.
Edited by Demented#1318 on 5/13/2013 10:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
deleted - replied to wrong post.
Edited by Talys#1767 on 5/13/2013 10:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 10:10 PMPosted by Demented
you have zero proof that prices are dictated by what others pay.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Do you realize that it is impossible for me to sell something for more than what someone is willing to pay.... right?
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 5/13/2013 11:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
the RMAH should have never been placed in this game. This is a fact as even Blizzard staff have stated it.

Show me a source where blizzard said the RMAH should not be in the game.

All competitive online RPG's will have players who are willing to pay for gear. There is no way to stop people paying for gear. The RMAH gives players a way of doing inevitable transactions a lot safer. Time is money. When I find an item that would take 1,000+hours of gameplay to even have a small chance of finding but I don't plan on using it, I should be allowed to sell it. If there wasn't RMAH, I would be selling gear on sites like JSP. RMAH removed all risk and promotes fair trade. RMAH didn't add add any negative elements to online competition that wasn't already there.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 5/13/2013 11:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
just google around, and you'll find scripts for AH bots all up for free grabs. The softcore AH is now a pathetic joke.

Why don't you try looking around diablo fans or something to see if you can find a player to trade with or to do a transaction with personally?

This is SO BAD because it is SO WRONG.

@OP: It's called proxy bidding. Read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_bid

The short answer is that bidding doesn't work the way you think it does. Here is an example:

Someone lists an item with a starting bid of 100 gold.

Player A bids a max bid of 500 gold. Player A is winning, but his current bid is only 100 gold, not the full 500. If the auction were to end without any other bids, he would win the item and get 400 gold back (500 max bid - 100 current bid).

Player B bids 200 gold. Player B gets told that he didn't bid enough, and Player A's current bid is now set at 200 gold. If the auction were to end without any other bids, Player A would win the item and 300 gold refund (500 - 200 current bid).

Supposed Player B now decides to bid 1000 gold. Player B would now have the highest bid, but NOT at 1000, he would have it at 501 (since Player A's max bid was only 500).

The lesson here is that you should ALWAYS just bid the max amount you're willing to pay for an item. The game will make sure that you pay as little as possible, as long as you bid more than anyone else bids. If you lose the item, it means someone was willing to spend more than you.

This is all true but it doesn't generally work in practice (in Diablo). The most obvious issue is that placing a bid ties up your resources. So it actually makes the most sense to never bid on an auction until it's about to expire, to minimize the time your resources are unavailable. Also, the value of items is very uncertain. The maximum amount someone is willing to pay for an item may very well increase as they see that other people are bidding on it. This is probably because items only have real value in the sense that you can resell them. I've had many instances where I re-evaluate my max bid on an item because someone has outbid me. Of course that's a dangerous idea, since they may be doing the same thing. Regardless, the system doesn't work as intended.
Reply Quote
you have zero proof that prices are dictated by what others pay.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Do you realize that it is impossible for me to sell something for more than what someone is willing to pay.... right?

Did you not read the entire post, of course you didnt, you focused on one line. Iet me refresh your comprehesion:

"It's much more likely that those prices are arbitrary outrageous shots in the dark with the hope of a sale. And I'm willing to bet those sold are to the very small minority who accumulated their fortunes through illegal means or those actually paying real money for gold. In fact, from what I've seen, I'd go so far to say it's my opinion that less than 20% of actual sales are above 20 million. In either case only Blizzard staff with access to the accounting records could voice such a claim."

Again: I say let's put it to a actual official community one vote per ip vote and see where the dice fall.

I should comment on that buy gear post too but I wont at this time. BTW do you troll much? You're posts are everywhere. Would you kindly state how much you've spent and earned on diablo 3 because with the gear post I'm getting the feeling you're helping really prove my point. I mean honesty, have you read:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796661236

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796271050

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796451101

And those are just 3 out of hundreds, are you just trying to turn a blind eye because you want to make money on a game? You keep producing the same arguments over and over and they are so off base from the majority of the community thats really the LOL.

Again: I say let's put it to a actual official community one vote per ip vote to get rid of the RMAH and put better restrictions and caps on the GAH and see where the dice fall.
Edited by Demented#1318 on 5/13/2013 11:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]