Diablo® III

Authenticator + D3 + forums = frustrating

(Locked)

So, what's up with this...

I just attached an authenticator to my account and now i must enter the authenticator # every stinkin time i log into battlenet for any reason! (even though settings are set to remember me on the forums for 30 days and Not on every login into game)

What's up with that Jankiness?

-yes i have cookies enabled
Somewhere in the settings your able to have it remember you on this computer for 30 days is how it is worded I think if your using the same to log in each time I would enable that until the force log out thing with forums ends.

Very frustrating I know but remember its just the forums man.
When you log in and are asked for the code ... ya, I'm aware of the checkbox that says remember me for 30 days.
CHECKED

It's also the account setting under "Security"

"under normal conditions, you will be asked to provide an authenticator code only once a week. Select this option to always be prompted for a code"
UNCHECKED

it's every time i log into game, every time i log into forums ... It's almost as bad as TSA at the airport. Yes sir, my ipad is intact alien technology sent here for the destruction of a plane ... have you never seen one before?
I have to log into the forums with an authenticator 100% of the time... But not the game.. The game only prompts on an IP change...
100 Night Elf Hunter
Eh, you get used to it.

Sort of.
I'm not having this problem.
View profile
Glabb, you got the authenticator for your protection and now you are frustrated that you have to use it. Think of the other way, without it someone could steal your account. I'd rather put the code in every time I logged in so that won't ever happen.
05/13/2013 01:50 PMPosted by MetalJet666
Glabb, you got the authenticator for your protection and now you are frustrated that you have to use it. Think of the other way, without it someone could steal your account. I'd rather put the code in every time I logged in so that won't ever happen.

Couldn't agree anymore with this statement... that is pretty much the whole point of using an authenticator :)
I'm only frustrated with the settings not working as set.

It'd be like settings on your car radio being reset every time you get in the car. It's not breaking anything but terribly annoying that they are not doing what they are supposed to do.

It's a symptom of something wrong with the system, but not "hurting" anything
See above ...

-yes i have cookies enabled
View profile
05/13/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Zen
I'm not having this problem.

Neither am I.
this is annoying for me but just on my smartphone seeing how I don't know how to close the internet open the authenticator get code and get back to login fast enough. Using old LG Revolution.
Support Forum Agent
Hi all, I won't be able to go into too much detail about how our security works behind the scenes, but I'll speak to this a bit. Battle.net has two different places to let us know you want the security challenges to not pop up as often. Firstly, when you log into the account with the authenticator there's the checkbox to allow the system to not ask for the authenticator if you're logging in from the same computer - now, the second place to help the system remember you is specifically on the authenticator info page inside the account. When you log into the account, click 'account' at the top, and there on that page near the top, you'll see security options. It is there on the security options page where the toggle for the challenge is.

Keep in mind that if the system sees any change in access patterns, it will likely prompt you with the challenge.

If anyone has any further questions in regards to this, feel free to let us know. We'll be happy to chat!

Regards,
Araxom
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]