Diablo® III

AH Bot?

http://i.imgur.com/fUcvFKr.png

That is the ring I was bidding on. It still has 1d 8h to go. I just wanted to post a bid on it so I could watch it and possibly buy it since it had no b/o listed on ah. I went to bid the first time and it said my bid was too low. I just thought possibly someone else had the same idea as me. So I tried to bid again, and again my bid was too low. So i refreshed the page a few times (for about 1 minute) and no changes. So I thought I would try again. And yet again my bid was too low. I repeated this process one more time and still not able to get a bid in. The only logical explanation is there is 3 people going for the same item 1d 8h in advance, or there is a bot. I would have to say the bot would be more logical.
Reply Quote
05/17/2013 08:07 AMPosted by Wayne
The only logical explanation is there is 3 people going for the same item 1d 8h in advance, or there is a bot. I would have to say the bot would be more logical.

actually there are more explanations then just those, one of which would include you not being informed about how the bidding system works.

they use the same kind of system that major bidding sites use. It is called proxy bidding.

here is an example of the way it use to work.

seller: item put up for 100,000
buyer1: bid 500,000
:note: bid at this point appears to be 100,000
buyer2: bid 200,000
buyer1: autobid 230,000
:note: this autobid is 15% higher and is able to be done because it is less then the 500,000 maximum they originally set.
buyer2: bid 500,001
:note: buyer2 has exceeded buyer1's maximum bidding potential and is now the high bidder

how it works now

it works basically the same as above. the main difference is it no longer up bids 15%. instead whatever the opposing party bid was is taken. this was done to prevent people from find the buyer's maximums by calculating the increases in bids.

seller: item put up for 100,000
buyer1: bid 500,000
:note: bid at this point appears to be 100,000
buyer2: bid 200,000
buyer1: autobid 200,000
buyer2: bid 500,001
:note: buyer2 has exceeded buyer1's maximum bidding potential and is now the high bidder
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]