Diablo® III

I Love the AH, Who Else Does?

Yep, I'm there with you on this. I enjoy the AH. It's great fun.
Reply Quote
you cant find anything decent but someone else can, are you telling me the company is set out to single some of us out? lol BTW
Reply Quote
Yep love the new layout. Awesome ....
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 04:56 AMPosted by Clownnut
it's optional.

It's not really optional if it takes 3 months to find a Skorn by yourself, while it takes 2 seconds and 50,000 gold to cheat your way out and get it on the AH.

To trade in D2 you had to have THINGS TO TRADE WITH, ie trade one thing to get another. Which means you had to have something to trade with in the first place.

In D3 you just enter the cheat zone (AH) and win.
Reply Quote
Wish I had limitless amount of real money, not that anyone doesn't, so I could buy all the gold and trash it. Just BE-F'N-CAUSE.
Reply Quote
[quote="87955480044"]You only like it cos itemization and drops are so crappy so it's only viable option to roll.[/quot

I find above average stuff every day and have done for along time. Ive never found a godly wepon not once,best i found was a rare wand not long after launch which did over 1200dps.

but all that average stuff i have sold then bought stuff i needed or flipped stuff for more than i paid , sometimes ive lost out flipping items can be tricky sometimes but its the most enjoyable part of the game. it not like end content is great
Reply Quote
Hey Cthulhu it also takes 2 seconds to find a good skorn in the AH instead of spending 3 months farming one lol. If you cant get a drop you like, look in the AH. Its quick and you didnt have to wait for some annoying spamming to spam the channel for the item you wanted 3 months later.

I love the AH both of them. This post was for people who like the AH also, not for people who dont. The AH is optional, you dont have to use it.
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 05:08 AMPosted by Cthulhu
it's optional.

It's not really optional if it takes 3 months to find a Skorn by yourself, while it takes 2 seconds and 50,000 gold to cheat your way out and get it on the AH.

To trade in D2 you had to have THINGS TO TRADE WITH, ie trade one thing to get another. Which means you had to have something to trade with in the first place.

In D3 you just enter the cheat zone (AH) and win.

again, you don't have to buy a skorn. you have an option to buy a skorn. total optional.
can you still play the game without the skorn? if yes, then it's optional.
if you cant stand someone have something you don't have, then you should get use to it or you can use your own free will, go to AH to buy something better.
let's say your brother have a better car than you, you go to a dealership buy a better car than your brother that's call cheating?
you have a free will to do whatever you want.
Reply Quote
I guess we are twins, thats how i do buisness on the EU servers and i love the Auction House too.

Cool, I am happy I am not the only one out there:)
Reply Quote
LOVE THE AH
Reply Quote
again, you don't have to buy a skorn. you have an option to buy a skorn. total optional.
if you cant stand someone have something you don't have, then you should get use to it or you can use your own free will, go to AH to buy something better.
let's say your brother have a better car than you, you go to a dealership buy a better car than your brother that's call cheating?

Your logic is flawed.

AH is like money laying on the street.

It's OPTIONAL to pick em up, but everybody will pick it up anyway.

AH is the same, why look for a Skorn by playing the game if you can get it for free, with zero effort and time spent (they cost 50,000 gold, that's dirt cheap).

We're just humans, if we can get stuff with zero effort and almost for free, then everyone will do it. It's stops being optional.
Reply Quote
So there you go. You found our point:) Its not free if you took the time to look and find the itme you have been looking for....Wouldnt you do the same thing waiting for someone to sell the item spamming a channel? The AH save time, saves scamming, and saves people from spamming:)Thats why we need the AH! :)
Reply Quote
I hated trading in D2, it was awful. God awful. Just thinking about it makes me never want to play Diablo 2 ever again.

The AH has its massive, massive, massive problems, but it is better than spamming @15/15 SStreks 3 hr@ in trade for a week before someone wants the damn things.

amen brother, ppl just thinks its cool to be like "oh ya the good old days of d2, d3 sucks bla bla bla"
Reply Quote
Auction House made trading obligatory, in D2 it was optional.

All of my stuff in D2 was either found by myself or given for free by random people i didn't even know.
I remember getting a free Enigma and tons of other BIS stuff absolutely for free.

In D3 you find an item and you only think how much it's worth on the god damn AH, in D2 you either gave it away, or put it in the stash for your other characters.

Action RPG's are not about thinking about making profit by selling every single god damn thing you pick up.

I agree with this 100%.
Reply Quote

Your logic is flawed.

AH is like money laying on the street.

It's OPTIONAL to pick em up, but everybody will pick it up anyway.

AH is the same, why look for a Skorn by playing the game if you can get it for free, with zero effort and time spent (they cost 50,000 gold, that's dirt cheap).

We're just humans, if we can get stuff with zero effort and almost for free, then everyone will do it. It's stops being optional.

can you explain the free part? how's AH is like money laying on the street.
if you don't have gold, you have to farm gold(time) or you buy gold from RMAH/or other source.(money) in order to buy anything from AH.
so how do you get free time and free money? I would love to hear that.
how my logic is flawed.
we pick up free money is free will. because it's you tell your body to pick that up. no one force you to pick up the free money. that again is free will which mean optional. most of us do it because of greed.( I have to say most, there are always someone, someone that's not greedy)
Edited by Clownnut#1544 on 5/8/2013 5:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
AH is fine , L2p
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 05:40 AMPosted by Sawkilla
The AH save time, saves scamming, and saves people from spamming:)Thats why we need the AH! :)

A+
Reply Quote
I love the AH and I must admit sometimes I spend hours in it scanning itens!
Reply Quote
I hate the RMAH for many reasons.

The normal AH I hate, but not because of the ease of trading - that part is nice.

First of all, due to the ease of trading, it means they have to be more stingy with drops. Ive barely ever found items worth much of anything.

Secondly - and this ties to the first - the best way to play the game isn't actually to play the game. Its to play the auction house. So I play the AH, to get items for a game that there is absolutely no reason to play? Its ridiculous.

The AH flat out ruins the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]