Diablo® III

I Love the AH, Who Else Does?

I love AH too.

It helps me to buy and sell items easier. Able to search for items I want with filters!

AH is good without the dupers!
Reply Quote
I hate the RMAH for many reasons.

The normal AH I hate, but not because of the ease of trading - that part is nice.

First of all, due to the ease of trading, it means they have to be more stingy with drops. Ive barely ever found items worth much of anything.

Secondly - and this ties to the first - the best way to play the game isn't actually to play the game. Its to play the auction house. So I play the AH, to get items for a game that there is absolutely no reason to play? Its ridiculous.

The AH flat out ruins the game.

Good point, but it all comes down to the ease of trading and finding any item you want in minutes with the AH.

The old way you would have to stand around and spam a channel for hours to sell a few things.

With the AH, you can list those items in minutes while they sell on their own. Then use all that time you saved to play the game.
Reply Quote
I hate the RMAH for many reasons.

The normal AH I hate, but not because of the ease of trading - that part is nice.

First of all, due to the ease of trading, it means they have to be more stingy with drops. Ive barely ever found items worth much of anything.

Secondly - and this ties to the first - the best way to play the game isn't actually to play the game. Its to play the auction house. So I play the AH, to get items for a game that there is absolutely no reason to play? Its ridiculous.

The AH flat out ruins the game.

it might ruins your game, you don't have to use it. but for some of us, it's nice don't have to wait to trade or spend hours to farm some of the items. with AH you can play the game better and still have time to spend with family or spend more time out door. I prefer to able to play the game when summer do some boating and fishing. AH make that possible to have it all.
Reply Quote
I am very much pro auction house i have been since they announced it
Reply Quote
Good way to get rid of items I don't need before I salvage them. Sometimes you get lucky and get something for an item you don't need and someone could use. Plus it keeps the game interesting, since there isn't any new content yet. I wish there was no item cap so I could sell everything at the same time. It's also a good way to find items fast, rather than wait for a trader. So, yes I like it.
Reply Quote
Here is what I love about the AH-
I was up early about 4am 2 days ago, looked on the AH for auctions ending and found 2 Skorns: both were priced at 3,500 gold, auction ending in 2 minutes.(great stats by the way, these babys would sell for 10mil or more usually) I bid and got them both for under 5k each! Being the nice guy I am, I resold one for 20k and the other for 50k just to sell them quick. But I never sell anything for more that 100k, ever! I made about 60k profit in 2 hours, cause they sold quick as my items usually do in the AH. Plus, I helped 2 people get a great weapon for low gold, not milllions.

That sounds so boring.

Imagine if you were trying to sell Diablo 3 to a friend... you were trying to entice them into playing...

Use that as your way to entice them and pique their interest. Did it work? Nope.

The AH is fine as a convenience, QoL tool... but the fact that it has become our CORE GAMPLAY EXPERIENCE is beyond fail. I don't have a word for how dismal that is.
Reply Quote
Am I the only one on this forum that likes the AH? I am not a politician, but I am here to stand up for the honest people that want to keep the Auction Hall. I know we are out there. I cant be alone.

I buy and sell on the AH all the time and I love it. I sell items for like 1-100k and thats it, even hi stat oranges. I know some people sell the same items for millions and I know that it is ridiculous, so I dont do it.

Who pays for these items priced that high anyway? I always find the same items sooner or later for around 10k-200k anyway. So yes, in that aspect the AH's prices are too wide variety for similar items.

Here is what I love about the AH-
I was up early about 4am 2 days ago, looked on the AH for auctions ending and found 2 Skorns: both were priced at 3,500 gold, auction ending in 2 minutes.(great stats by the way, these babys would sell for 10mil or more usually) I bid and got them both for under 5k each! Being the nice guy I am, I resold one for 20k and the other for 50k just to sell them quick. But I never sell anything for more that 100k, ever! I made about 60k profit in 2 hours, cause they sold quick as my items usually do in the AH. Plus, I helped 2 people get a great weapon for low gold, not milllions.

So, all in all, its great place to sell items and a great place to find great items for great prices if you shop around. Comon guys, you mean, you would have beat the game in inferno mode without buying anything in the AH? If you can congrats, but I like to buy items in the AH to help my progress in Diablo 3

In fact, this is the problem I have with the AH ---Here is a good comparison- Lets say I want to buy a car. I go down the street to look at the same car at 2 dealerships. One is priced at 25 Million dollars and the other is priced at 20k. They are both the same car, just different extras, the lower priced car will also boost mileage(Damage) to over 7k while the higher priced car will lower your mileage(damage)...Which one will you buy?

Its not my fault if some of you cant shop around. Dont buy from the high priced jerks and they wont sell at those prices. I always buy an awesome weapon that would sell for millions in the AH, only I shop around and get it for about 20k-100k. Heck for a good enough weapon or peice of armor I would pay 200k. But I would never spend more that that, ever! And I always find what I want. When Im done with that item, sell the item for a fair price(around what I bought it for).

And there, that is why I love the Auction Hall. Please dont get rid of it.

If anyone feels the same as me speak now:)

I vote keep the hall, both of them. Even if I am one voice, I am here, lol.

I honestly like your post. It shows that people are having fun with the game (or part of it). Still.... this should not be what Diablo is about (swapping items which you described in the first part of your post).
Wouldn't you agree that instead of an ARPG, the AH would rather belong in a trading game? And i am all for that. But not in Diablo. They should make a different game out of the AH, maybe a Round based Strategy part included, but not a game that's all about the loot from killing monsters.

Not finding ANY upgrades myself is so utterly boring. Utterly, utterly boring.

I love myself a good old-fashioned trading sim, but NOT Diablo. I want at least the chance for finding a full set or some Legendaries I can use myself. ANY set. I haven't found a single setitem in about 260 hours and I never equipped a Legendary I found myself (I dunno the name, but I found about 5 of the same gloves, ALL sucky). That can't be it. It just can't. Not for $60.
Reply Quote
I love the AH,

i think the game would be !@#$ without it. trading is tedious and annoying

I think the game would be better with better drops and better crafting though .. sooo many useless crafting recipes and all so expensive

crafting costs should be reduced to 1/2 or 1/4 so people will give it ago .

really hoping for good things in the itemisation patech
Reply Quote
AH is a great idea, but D3 itemization is so broken that the auction house IS the game right now.. absolutely pathetic on blizzards part.
Reply Quote
View profile
I just can't love something that affects my drop rates. I prefer to find gear on my own. The AH's existence on its own doesn't matter, but when it affects my drop rates... then it's an issue.

Drop the dependence of drop rates on the AH, and then I can ignore its presence and I guess "love" it...
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 08:14 AMPosted by squeezebag
AH is a great idea, but D3 itemization is so broken that the auction house IS the game right now.. absolutely pathetic on blizzards part.

1 year later.

Crazy that we really aren't any better off than we were last year. More mobs, check, easier inferno, check, "hellfire rings" that no one crafts anymore, check, orange drop rates buffed, check:

ITEMS STILL ABSOLUTELY ABYSMAL: CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK

POOR MATCHMAKING: CHECK CHECK CHECK

GOLD FARMING/INVESTMENT BANKING SIMULATOR: CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK

Get me out of here, people, I need a new hobby.
Reply Quote
Thank you for you objects, they were flipped good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]