Diablo® III

so i dont know how many of u read it but

What Does That Mean for Me?

Soon after the exploit was discovered, we contemplated doing a complete rollback, as was suggested by a number of players here in the forums.

The vast majority of players did not participate in the exploit and we didn't like the idea of punishing them for the bad behavior of a few people. A rollback would mean bringing the servers down for a lengthy period and a loss of all progression since 1.0.8 was released. Many players made significant accomplishments in the game that required time and dedication, and we felt it was worth the work involved to try to preserve these efforts and go after the exploiters instead.

With this in mind, we elected not to roll back the servers in The Americas and are instead working to remove duplicated gold from the economy through targeted audits and account actions (as indicated above) without taking away progress that our players rightfully earned.

As of this this post, we have already recaptured more than 85% of the excess gold from the accounts involved, and over the days ahead we will continue to pore over our audit data to reclaim as much duplicate currency as possible. We've also done a full audit of our code to help make sure that something like this doesn't happen again.

So, What's Next?

Many people bought and sold items and gold on the Auction House on Tuesday. We're making sure that all legitimate transactions go through. This means that if your account was not involved in the exploit, you will get to keep your items and gold, as well as any money you received from sales on the real-money Auction House. We'll also be donating all proceeds from auctions conducted by the suspended or banned players—including all of THEIR sale proceeds that we intercepted as well as our transaction fee—to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.

the above was taken from blizzards official statement
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796520380#1

i like how blizz didnt hold onto the cash from elicit rmah sales
but the fact remains that 15% of the duped gold remains in the economy
most likely in the hands of anyone who sold gems
or is that 15% of the fake gold been laundered through multiple trades so as to make it hard for blizz to find? i dont know bout that or what it means for the d3 economy going forward
Reply Quote
I like how they gave the money to charity and mentioned exactly 415 people did it. Odd, but I think everything is gonna be alright for the most part after the dust settles.
Reply Quote
so much for the drama huh
Reply Quote
so many ppl are saying "trillions and quadrillions" of gold has been duped. It's prob not as much as people think, and with 85% of it already out of circulation, I think things will be OK. Prices are stable and gold still has some value.

Like the way blizz handled it. Time to move on with life.
Reply Quote
AH is still empty of gg items. 415 people should have gotten punched in the face for this
Reply Quote
415 sounds low, benign, makes you feel better. notice they didnt give the gold amount. 85% of what? Number is meaningless. All it takes is one to put twice or more gold into system with unlimited duping capability

Funny to see you so called wizards lapping up this PR script.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 5/11/2013 2:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 02:20 AMPosted by pichapie
AH is still empty of gg items. 415 people should have gotten punched in the face for this

Agreed, they should've all been banned permanently... No excuses !!

This would be the equivalent of some of the biggest Financial fraud crimes in the real world (Bernard Madoff, Earl Jones, etc.)

They should be punished accordingly !!
Edited by Heroscaper#1533 on 5/11/2013 2:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
415 sounds low, benign, makes you feel better. notice they didnt give the gold amount. 85% of what? Number is meaningless. All it takes is one to put twice or more gold into system with unlimited duping capability

yep, it's all a conspiracy theory and we are just mindless sheep

or, we see the AH prices that are reasonable and stable, and conclude 85% was enough to make the AH not !@#$ed

my theory is most of the remaining 15% is from gem sales, which is extremely diffuse among the playerbase and is also pretty small
Reply Quote
moved
Edited by freakinjstu#1760 on 5/11/2013 4:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Bullseye.
Reply Quote
a haiku

2 beez not 2 beez?
sigh only have 80 million meh
help beez 2 I'm poor!

05/11/2013 02:20 AMPosted by pichapie
415 people should have gotten punched in the face for this

challenge accepted
Reply Quote
pls lets not get violent here XD
Reply Quote
Even if trillions still remain...It won't effect a messed up economy that much.....10 trillion spread out among the active players wouldn't really amount to much.....I'd be willing to bet, that much is bought off the black market weekly at this point!!!
Edited by Vikesfan353#1980 on 5/11/2013 7:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I'm not lapping up any PR. Nothing Hight said would please 100% of the players, and I choose not to remain cynical about it; I moved on. It is just a video game problem compared to real problems that my friends are facing.
Reply Quote
so many ppl are saying "trillions and quadrillions" of gold has been duped. It's prob not as much as people think, and with 85% of it already out of circulation, I think things will be OK. Prices are stable and gold still has some value.

Like the way blizz handled it. Time to move on with life.

Exactly. Too many drama queens are clueless about how much gold circulates in the economy. A single gold seller can inject hundreds of billions into the economy in just one weekend.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]