Diablo® III

New to Monk Class

I started playing the Monk Class recently, and I absolutely love it. I bought some gear following some other monk builds I found in the forums.

After I beat inferno difficulty, I want to only use this class from now on, because I love it so much.

I am looking for help with my current build and was wondering if what I am using is correct, or if there is any way to improve it.

Also I was wondering what MP I could realistically farm without any problem, and what I would need to do to be able to farm MP 10.

Thanks in advanced for any help!
Reply Quote
Much past MP0-1 you are really going to need some sustain - whether that be LOH or LS, you are going to need it. I would suggest looking for some lifesteal weapons. If you like the skillset you are using, consider getting a WKL. The +lightning skills damage (get as close to 25% as possible) and +lightning damage add a lot of damage because of thunderclap and cyclones.

3 Piece Innas is not terribly useful. You either want 2 for the dex set bonus, or 4 for the sweeping winds decreased cost. I mean, it CAN be useful, but its not so useful for your current spec.

Keep rolling amulets and bracers, you can do better.

Do you have a huge budget, small budget? That will help you define how you want to spend gold. Obviously a Crit Mempo and Crit Nats reflection are going to be huge upgrades for you, but you would pay through the nose. A LIS/CD Echoing Fury, and 25% lightning skills WKL is also pretty pricey.
Reply Quote
inna's favour can add a lot of damage to a build. i know you use the witching hour for speed which is great, but that raw damage is way more worth it. try rollling another ammy at some point too, it shouldn't be too hard to get something better in there.

LOH is great and all but once you hit over 100k ls is the way to go especially with your life presumably being higher.
Reply Quote
Thanks so much for the responses.

I only have around 90 million to spend.

I need to craft better shoulders, bracers, and amulet I know, but I have a hard time getting the demonic essence to do so.

Is there a good guide for an average monk to farm essence that anyone knows of?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]