Diablo® III

Massive FPS drops when entering combat

im using "ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME" socket LGA2011
EDIT: im running everything in safe for this testing
Edited by Marcoz#2106 on 5/27/2013 4:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm also having really bad lags when I enter combat with mobs, have Sapphire 7770 HDMR 1GB.
Would be very helpful if you could help me via skype or something like that.

could u also post what motherboard u are using
Edited by Marcoz#2106 on 5/27/2013 4:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D2V USB3
Reply Quote
u have an integrated gfx card.. have u disabled this?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Marcoz ,

"im running everything in safe for this testing"

Could you explain what you're referring to by this?

no overclocking
EDIT: or as little as the BIOS supports (CPU is still running at 3,8 ghz)
EDIT2: sry my bad the 3,8 was turbo speed, the CPU is running at clock speed 3,2 ghz
Edited by Marcoz#2106 on 5/30/2013 4:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
overclocking the CPU help little bit when i do... but not mutch
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Marcoz,

The BIOS for your model motherboard as you know has a whole host of overclocking and tweaking options, way too many for me to try go over with you in here. I'd ask that you just use their "Auto" settings for everything right now.

Also, could you start up the task manager, then start up the game and get a character into town. Then alt-tab out to look at the task manager again. Under processes, locate the entry for Diablo III .exe and right click it. Check the values for affinity and priority. Is it set to allow all processors and "normal" priority?

afiinity has been on all cores since start and so have priory on normal..
think the "safe" setting i was talking about was the factory standards, but i will take a second look at my BIOS just to be safe =)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Marcoz ,

Could you see what effect if any changing the affinity to just core 0 has?

yes it was factory setting... reason i sed "safe" was that the button ses "Load Safe Defaults" in bios
Reply Quote
changing the affinity to just core 0.. made the fps drop alot worse
Reply Quote
doing that also moved the max used core to core 0 even when switched back to all cores
EDIT: was core 7 before
Edited by Marcoz#2106 on 5/27/2013 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
bed time now.. hope u find a solution, i'll be back tomorrow.

Thank you for trying to help me and all the other players with this problem
Reply Quote
What do you mean by that?

(Intergated GFX card)
Edited by HeadShock#2972 on 5/27/2013 6:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Onboard Graphics: Integrated Graphics Processor
this can be disabled in bios
(i'm asuming that the Sapphire 7770 HDMR 1GB is plugged in to the PCI Express x16 slot)
Reply Quote
I am also having this problem i run a amd phenom quad core processor 6g ram gtx 660 ti
I started running the game from a usb and it fixed the start up drops but not when im in a big battle with multiple people in the game.PLEASE HELP.

I've also noticed a lot of other players are having this issue in my search for a fix.
Reply Quote
am also having this problem i run a amd phenom quad core processor 6g ram gtx 660 ti
I started running the game from a usb and it fixed the start up drops but not when im in a big battle with multiple people in the game.PLEASE HELP.

could u please post ur full hardware spec.. motherboard(bios and chipset)
Reply Quote
Omrakos

I have noticed now that turning off damage numbers(normal and crit's) signiffically improves my FPS(from min 10 fps to min 50fps in singel player games when tons of mobs).
It's all about CPU usage.
This should help you and the QA department to solve this problem in a future patch.

Hope u find a solution =)

EDIT:my fps in town is 200+
Edited by Marcoz#2106 on 6/2/2013 6:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Omrakos

I have noticed now that turning off damage numbers(normal and crit's) signiffically improves my FPS(from min 10 fps to min 50fps in singel player games when tons of mobs).
It's all about CPU usage.
This should help you and the QA department to solve this problem in a future patch.

Hope u find a solution =)

EDIT:my fps in town is 200+

tbh this is something i never really even considered as causing a problem, but it makes perfect sense. given enough mobs and attacks putting out these numbers they can be just as bad as the mobs and effects themselves in hogging resources.

in a video i watched recently they actually showed that the most limiting factor on modern PCs is the cpu speed. which is what a lot of people have been saying for a while anyway.

yes its important to have a good video card and lots of memory. however, the raw power the cpu possesses ultimately will kill your performance.

all this reminds me of a few things, but to make it short ill cut right to the example on this game. i recently updated my bios. my motherboard manufacturer of course recomended i reset all settings to default. i can see the logic there. dont want anything bad to happen by accident with whatever the user settings are. a failed bios update could mean no more PC.

so i updated and all went smooth. only i forgot to resetup my overclocked settings... lol. i start up D3 and the cpu is running at its base clock of 3.2ghz. immediately im like OMG something is wrong. this is because its all stuttery and not acting like im use to. so i press CTRL+R. low and behold it is running at 30fps. so i figure out that i forgot to reset the cpu overclock settings and get those right. its now back to my normal 3.8ghz and D3 is running good again.

moral of the story... if your CPU isnt as close to 4ghz as you can get it then your D3 isnt going to run right :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]