Diablo® III

Yay, Finally....

05/20/2013 02:44 PMPosted by Lylirra
How about a extra buff for paragon 100 huh? Next patch maybe?

Certainly an idea I can pass on. :)

What kind of buff (or other rewards) would you find meaningful? Keep in mind, we'd prefer to not to put players in a position where they'd feel like they have to farm up to p100 or miss out on something critical, so try to form your suggestions around that principle if you can.

Something that makes you stand out. For example something like the Diablo 2 full set aura's.
It's a cool extra effect which people will love. And it doesn't make anybody OP, because it's only a thing to show off that doesn't give players an extra buff.
Reply Quote
congratz Marmoset.~! (what took you so long?>. haha kidding..)

i know the feeling.. and now you have to do it again w/another classs~!

[ r ]
Reply Quote
unique visual effects/animation on skills/equips.
aura/wings or anything aesthetic
i know legendary dyes are coming upcoming patch but i think we need bit more customization
mebe a unique quest in order to achieve the reward
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Glowing Aura (think D2 full set bonus visuals) - Gives the hero and allies near the hero a buff.
+25% MF
+25% GF
+10-25% EXP (depending on what feels balanced)
* Multiplicative and stacks beyond caps.
* Stackable with other P100 heroes in the party. e.g. 3 x P100 in the party, receive 75% GF, 75% MF, 30-75% EXP

The buff visuals and effect can be toggled on and off, or is attached to a BoA item (similar to existing wings). For those that want to level a new character purely (for challenges etc). Or for those that are sick of the visual effect.

This buff can be used by alts on this same account. But not usable across different game modes (hardcore/softcore) i.e. if someone achieves P100 on Hardcore, they cannot use it on alts on Softcore and vice-versa.

Logic
- Give those that have reached max level a small incentive and bonus to continue farming for items.
- Gives players a small boost when leveling additional characters to P100.
- Doesn't affect damage or survivability, so players shouldn't feel like it is compulsory for them to have.
- Gives players something visual in-game that acknowledges their accomplishments
- Promotes helping others to get to P100 by giving them an exp boost.

Risks
- High-end farming parties may discriminate against non-P100s for not providing bonus. However, this would be a small minority of the community.
- New content (expansion) may not be consumed at a balanced pace. But the same is true for all EXP bonuses from gear and existing paragon system.
Edited by Oniji#6716 on 5/21/2013 5:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile

What kind of buff (or other rewards) would you find meaningful? Keep in mind, we'd prefer to not to put players in a position where they'd feel like they have to farm up to p100 or miss out on something critical, so try to form your suggestions around that principle if you can.

Would like to see a lil mini diablo be my pet slave(like the murlocket but cooler!) as i spent good portion of my gaming life conquering him and these goals!
Reply Quote
I agree with the aesthetic bonus. As for anything else like adding unto MF, GF, etc, I would disagree to the idea as it allows a disadvantageous feel to players not p100.

We could incorporate post Paragon 100 levels like some of the earlier suggestions. As long as players continue to see the experience bar fill up, that's always incentive for players to keep playing. Upon leveling post Paragon 100, you get +1 to all stats or something like that.

*Edit: Oh, and a hearty congratulations to OP!
Edited by ToPocHi#6572 on 5/21/2013 5:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
RESPECT.
Reply Quote
Paragon 10 : +5 Pickup Radius
Paragon 20 : +20% Crit damages
Paragon 30 : +2% Crit
Paragon 40 : +2% Attack speed
Paragon 50 : Some Cosmetic removable Wings / Cloak
Paragon 60 : +20 all resists
Paragon 70 : +200 armor
Paragon 80 : +5% movement speed
Paragon 90 : +5% ressource generation
Paragon 100: "Paragon Aura" Every Paragon bonuses as an aura for the group (does not stack with any other paragon bonus already acquired or any other paragon 100 aura).
Edited by Shin#1720 on 5/21/2013 6:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I did a sugestion in my native forum (another language), but I'll post the idea here.

One of the objectives as an end content for Diablo 3 is the constant farm for better gear... but as a paragon 100 we don't have any benefits about anything, except the extra stats and "luck"...

As a paragon 100, everyday I ask myself to create another char, same class, just to have a feeling that I am leveling "something". Just the MF and GF difference to farm isn't a strong factor to keep me farming... I prefer to snipe AH than farm this way... the money return is much more faster...

My sugestion is about an increased drop chance for demoniac essences based on the paragon level.

As an example:

If I'm playing mp0 with a paragon 0 char, I'll get the normal 15% drop chance. But lets say, we could have 50% of our paragon level as an increase in drop chances for demoniac essences. As a paragon 50, I'd have not 15% but 18,75%. If I have a paragon 100 char, I'd have a total of 22,5% to drop a demoniac essence in mp0. The same way it goes for the rest. For mp10, it would be, instead of the normal 38,90% for a paragon 0, 48,62% for a paragon 50 and 58,35% for a paragon 100.

This way we can have an incentive to keep using our high level paragon char if you want to farm some gear and possible crafts, instead of creating another char just to not fall in the "boring" factor again...

That's my 2 cents..

*Sorry for my english, but I guess I could express myself =)
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight

Another Action button unlocked
Reply Quote

%1 extra movement speed

It kills me that with 2 %12MS items I'm still not at max.
Reply Quote
I like the aura idea's also perhaps a small repair cost reduction. I really like the idea of paragon 100 holding more meaning.
Reply Quote
IT is so simple:

You have reached Paragon 100! You are now able to dye Legendary and Set items!
Reply Quote
Working on getting my wizard to Paragon 200! 130 something now...
Reply Quote
Paragon 100 should give you the mighty wings of Imperius ;)

Come on...you know you want em.
Reply Quote

+5% base movement speed, an additional inventory page,
Reply Quote
Congratulations, person with a higher Paragon than me!

Here's a bobcat high-five to commemorate your accomplishment: http://bit.ly/18ZAyPD \o/

comment on stuff worth time please. not congratulating this bs. when are new items coming?

how long is it a waste to play for?

when are we getting balanced and actually viable builds?
Reply Quote
05/21/2013 07:05 AMPosted by newlife

+5% base movement speed, an additional inventory page,

Unlockable never ending or very deep dungeon with a random boss at the end.
Reply Quote
Gratz

And I agree that something cosmetic is in order, something to match the Wings granted from the Collectors Editions.
Reply Quote

I really enjoyed the anniversary buff this last week. What if those with Paragon 100 were able to provide an aura in game to other players to give that same kind of buff or something to that effect?

That would encourage continuing to play on your 100 as well as being something you would not miss out on or be critical. Then when new 100s are reached, they might pay it forward to others as well?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]