Diablo® III

What's with the monk neck balls?

I recently completed building a monk. Have to say the necklace or whatever the heck the ring of balls are around his neck drives me nuts. I don't know why but I can't stand the look of them lol.
Reply Quote
haha yea it is quite the look eh...good design
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 10:34 AMPosted by Shockwave
I recently completed building a monk. Have to say the necklace or whatever the heck the ring of balls are around his neck drives me nuts. I don't know why but I can't stand the look of them lol.

Makes the Monk look like Bozo the Clown :)
Reply Quote
They are prayer beads
Reply Quote
They look better on Akuma from Street Fighter.
Reply Quote
The prayer beads should be spiked or something :) Maybe he'd look like a dog with a choke chain though.
Reply Quote
I don't know.......The witchdoctor looks like an idiot to me.......can't stand to even play him!!!! But "different strokes for different folks"!!!
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 10:43 AMPosted by the5rites
They look better on Akuma from Street Fighter.

Exactly, Akuma is cool, therefore monks are also cool because the wear the same necklace.

See ?!?! Flawless logic.
Reply Quote
That and/or asian/boudhist martial bling meaning they've got lots of balls for killing stuff with their bare hands... but yeah it does looks a bit weird
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 10:47 AMPosted by Apothiosas
I don't know.......The witchdoctor looks like an idiot to me.......can't stand to even play him!!!! But "different strokes for different folks"!!!

omg i agree!! I HATE how hes like crouched over and shaking like an old !@# man lolol

hahaha but they are soooo strongggg to play...and really pretty fun too....just lame as $%^- looking haha
Reply Quote
The WD twitch suites the 0 dog gear with the bug on his head mix mash of gears. Really makes him look like he's got a pile of mental issues... leading to being mean to his dogs and killing them every second he can.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 10:34 AMPosted by Shockwave

It's the Inna's chest on a male Monk that's causing all that goofiness. Same piece of gear looks much more decent on a female Monk.

If you really can't stand the Balls (and presuming you're not willing to re-roll a female character), you can consider re-gearing with a different chest piece, or just use the Vanishing Dye and go bare-chested.
Reply Quote
wut? men getting offended by balls?
they're just prayer beads, bro. I never even noticed 'em.
Reply Quote
they're there for the same reason we get beards - to show our gender superiority
Reply Quote
balls...
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 11:04 AMPosted by Laurelynd

It's the Inna's chest on a male Monk that's causing all that goofiness. Same piece of gear looks much more decent on a female Monk.

If you really can't stand the Balls (and presuming you're not willing to re-roll a female character), you can consider re-gearing with a different chest piece, or just use the Vanishing Dye and go bare-chested.

To support Laur's point of view, here is the example:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-FpGnaWHkTvM/UYvJ1JOXXzI/AAAAAAAAAlA/6R6t4coRKvU/w833-h469-no/Screenshot211.jpg

from left to right: male with balls & thorns, female w/o balls, male w/o balls, female w/o balls
Edited by yuhhaur#1278 on 5/10/2013 8:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
She said "well, daddy, if I had nuts under my chin would those be chin nuts?"

I said...

Just had too been noticing the title of this post all day and its made me think of that song every time!
Reply Quote
beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

If you make your chest armor invisible with the dye, your prayer beads doesn't show.
Reply Quote
LOL! I like the replies in the post.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]