Diablo® III

Gem prices and sandwiches

Right now gem prices are about 50% higher for RSs than they were on Monday. I think they will normalize back to about crafting cost + mats cost + AH tax + a small profit. Because even cats with about 50B need to eat. You buy the gems and tomes off the ah and go make yourself a ham and cheese sammich. But you hit the multicraft when you do. Check back every once in a while to move up to the next tier. Crafting gems used to be super annoying but now you can kinda multitask. So I think multicrafting does remove a little of the incentive to buy fully made gems and you know you leave the game on just sitting there anyway on a weekend afternoon when you are doing random stuff in the general vicinity of your PC, like making a sandwich for example.

Interesting afterthought aka complete speculation: RS Topazes seem the highest now because perhaps they were the easiest to part with on Tuesday night and there's a slight deficit of them compared to other gems.

And finally: I think I underestimated the job Blizzard would do in the wake of the frenzy on Tuesday. Yeah a lot of the good stuff is way overpriced now but I think that is partially due to limited availability of items and people reaching too far when testing the waters.
Edited by ChangBooster#1510 on 5/10/2013 11:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
all the players that sold the equiped gems for high prices are re buying in. 3 days and it will be normal. tombs opened lower then they were pre patch thus basic supplies are available.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]