Diablo® III

kick people that portal healing during ffa

@FROG

Just go play 1v1 matches if you despise this "style" so much.

If you refer to comment #18 paragraph 3, I state that I do not do duels, which are 1v1s.

07/08/2013 08:02 AMPosted by Weasel765
However, I do not do duels or king of hill matches since it takes longer to walk to your opponent then it does to actually fight them.

Only thing I am interested in is free for alls, which will probably be an available search option in future patches. Until then, I will leave a pub game if anything else but continuous brawls without healing is going on. If anyone else is annoyed by portal healers, I am encouraging them to vote a kick.
Edited by Weasel765#1161 on 7/8/2013 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Saltydog

No, you are not a portal healer. I auto-leave when you join because I do not like fighting you.

Its not that you do anything wrong, I just feel like I am gaining bad habits from fighting you. This is because your storm armor hits harder then mine, so I get in the habit of spamming attacks before I am randomly killed and carry this over into other fights and end up losing.

07/08/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Saltydog
When you kill a player with 25% hp do you get any glory from that?

You have no problem killing me with 25% hp left while I am at full. Thats what I suggest that other people should do, fight at low health instead of healing because it will get you better at the game.
Reply Quote
...because I do not like fighting you.

So many fights are like this lol.
Reply Quote
Weasel sorry i misworded that. I mean if you kill a player that is at 25% hp. You get very little experience from that kill. An ehp wd and a ehp wd that is at 25% are obviously very different ballgames.

How can you feasiblely kill a player if you do not practice against him at his 100%. Im sorry but the game should not be changed just because you solely want to play ffa. If you don't like the port healing. Why don't you leave and just find a new match instead of kicking a player using a system that blizzard clearly put in place. If you port from the chapel you are healed. That is the game.
Reply Quote
07/08/2013 12:48 PMPosted by Saltydog
Why don't you leave and just find a new match instead of kicking a player using a system that blizzard clearly put in place.

The reason why you kick them is because people are abusing the portal in ways that Blizzard did not intend to have happen. Quite often people run to the portal when they have half health, talk sh_t about how I am over geared with no skill, then proceed to superfluously report me for some made-up BS reason because they are sore losers. Maybe if they get kicked from enough public games, these under skilled, portal healers will stop being so annoying.
Reply Quote
Well when you call everyone out you are asking to be trolled so it should be no surprise. Grow some thick skin instead of rushing to the forum to complain. Change your ideas, attitude, and build and you will grow as a player. Based on your logic above, fr0g is not skilled because he is a port !@#$%?
Reply Quote
@Saltydog

No, I am not saying frOg is unskilled. He is a good D3 player, but I find him vexing since he is a portal healer.

I am referring to the extreme end of the portal healers in the last sentence of comment #25. frOg is not one of them, but these people exist. They cause problems and deserve a kick when they act up.

Complaining is a right for forum users as long as they do not troll. Constructive complaints is how the game changes for the better and I am well within my rights by creating this thread.
Reply Quote
im kind of confused..

usually, when people face someone better, they want to play them more because they can learn and grow from interaction with that player. I know i certainly did find out a lot more of useful information strategies/skills to use from losing to other players then coming up with an ultimate spec all completely on my own. had i just avoided them im pretty sure i'd still be struggling. well alot more then i am now.

Do you not want to get better? I agree with Salty

07/08/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Saltydog
Change your ideas, attitude, and build and you will grow as a player.

it seems you are just being stubborn with a spec that you like. You can still make it work if not even improve it, but some gear changes is a strong suggestion. I find wizard is so fun because we have so many skills to work with why do you want just one all purpose spec? This last question i'm just curious. I know its you're choice.

the way i see it, just relax and enjoy the game, your'e a wizard, you can't afford to keep making enemies. They Will find you, hex you, and, you're gonna get impaled and Fanned by Iria.
Reply Quote
I'll fight people better than me; especially DHs, barbs, and monks because I feel that I am getting better by doing so. The problem comes with WDs and wizards, I tend to have to spam attacks before SB or storm armor kills. After spamming during these matches, I develop a spamming habit and I take with me to future matches, which I want to avoid.

The reason why you have to use more spam than strategy in these matches is because you can not defend against these attacks while still being in range to attack your opponent. You can move away to avoid them, but you can not hide behind a wall for defense like you can vs a 7-sided strike or impale; which means you have less control over what hits you. I would rather practice aspects of the game that I have control over because things that I can control are the things I can improve upon by practice. So when a wizard's storm armor is better than mine, I take it as a loss and find a new game.
Reply Quote
Honestly. Why do you care?

I don't get it. It can be reasonably inferred by them going into the portal that they felt they were unable to win - effectively an inevitable loss. You can attribute this as a win without the precious little line of text that told you that you won.

This is a non-issue. If I want to be a coward and portal while under haunt or rend and save myself a few seconds of dying, and then additionally being a grave-marker, then I shouldn't have to be concerned about offending your delicate brawling sensibilities.
Reply Quote
@Zee

Does your profile display your PvP gear?

If it does, your 25 k hp set-up would explain your need to portal heal.
Reply Quote

Weasel you must not know much about the community.

Zee was one of the best DHs and he stated on twitch he will be back.

Don't resort to personal attacks to disregard points people make. I know tons of people with multiple accounts so you can't really judge a player with what account they post on.
Reply Quote
@Saltydog

07/10/2013 10:01 AMPosted by Weasel765
Does your profile display your PvP gear?

I started post #31 with a question instead of a statement, because some people's profiles do not display their PvP specs. Then in the next sentence I elaborate why this question was important, because low hp usually indicates verdancy which justifies the use of the portal. Further more, the profile linked to his account did not show a DH, only a wizard and a monk. So I was addressing only the characters that I saw in his profile.

There was no personal attacks made in post #31, only observations made from the information contained in this forum.
Edited by Weasel765#1161 on 7/10/2013 10:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Fancy way of dodging every point he made eh?
Reply Quote
@Saltydog

I did not try to dodge any points made, I simply looked at his profile and posited why he would favor portal healing.

But ok, if you insist, I will address each point he made in post # 30.

07/10/2013 09:37 AMPosted by Zee
You can attribute this as a win

1. Taking portal healing as a loss - I agree with this, if you are keeping score, it should be counted as a loss.

This is a non-issue

2. Portal healing during ffa is a non-issue - I disagree with this, it is the most annoying thing someone can during a brawl, if people agree with me then they should take action by voting a kick. If they disagree we me, then do nothing when it happens.

I shouldn't have to be concerned about offending your delicate brawling sensibilities.

3. People should not have to change the way they play because other do not like it - You can do what ever you want, but do not be surprised that people will not play with you because you use the portal to heal. There has been interest in creating a brawling blacklist for people that people heal during a ffa, thus, I am not the only one annoyed by this practice. It is just like throwing the flag down after a kill, calling someone a noob after a loss, or throwing down items in the Scorched Chapel to effect a player's movement during a fight; they are all signs of disrespect and your opponents will think unfavorably of you if you do these things, same goes with portal healing.
Edited by Weasel765#1161 on 7/10/2013 11:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think everyone understands what your saying Weasel, however you are blatantly ignoring circumstance. Your trying to classify a losing individual, someone who wants to smoke, or someone who is changing their spec as a "portal healer".

My main problem with this is how vocal you are. Most people with the right mind do understand circumstance and would most likely not validate your opinion with a response. Unfortunately, this may lead to you getting false validation, and the general population getting the wrong idea about the slander your implying. Furthermore, this is also why you are receiving nothing but criticism.

I have played with some of the individuals your trying to label and honestly they are real stand up people.
Reply Quote
08/14/2013 01:44 AMPosted by ShinFuuma
you are blatantly ignoring circumstance. Your trying to classify a losing individual, someone who wants to smoke, or someone who is changing their spec as a "portal healer".

You did not read all the posts before you left a comment. The issue you bring up is addressed in comment #5 where I try to say I do not mind when people use the portal to take care of issues outside of the fight, such as a skill change or a profile view. The problem I have is where people use it specifically for combat purposes so they do not have to waste gear slots on life or resource regeneration.

Further more, I am a wizard that uses wormhole, which means I could be anymore on the map and get to the portal with zero problems, I can portal heal easier then any other class. However, you will never see me do it for combat purposes.
Edited by Weasel765#1161 on 8/14/2013 7:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
you are blatantly ignoring circumstance. Your trying to classify a losing individual, someone who wants to smoke, or someone who is changing their spec as a "portal healer".

Jesus christ some of you people are so freaking stupid. "HAY GUYS WHAT IF I GIVE EXAMPLES OF STUFF THAT ISNT PORTAL HEALING AND THEN CLAIM IT IS PORTAL HEALING THAT WAY I CAN DISPROVE YOUR ARGUMENT?!?!"
Reply Quote
08/14/2013 09:32 AMPosted by Kefka
Jesus christ some of you people are so freaking stupid. "HAY GUYS WHAT IF I GIVE EXAMPLES OF STUFF THAT ISNT PORTAL HEALING AND THEN CLAIM IT IS PORTAL HEALING THAT WAY I CAN DISPROVE YOUR ARGUMENT?!?!"

Honestly, I have been in a lot of games where people are attempting to kick others due to them going to town for any reason what so ever. This "trend" started somewhere. Also, I'm not refuting any argument because quite frankly there is no argument to disprove. Just a simple statement that points out in clear black & white that the only thing that should be labeled portal healing is when someone cuts out mid fight to avoid a KO. With the intention of avoiding a KO.

You did not read all the posts before you left a comment. The issue you bring up is addressed in comment #5 where I try to say I do not mind when people use the portal to take care of issues outside of the fight, such as a skill change or a profile view. The problem I have is where people use it specifically for combat purposes so they do not have to waste gear slots on life or resource regeneration.

How do you know they are addressing issues outside the fight. You don't unless they care to tell you, and here comes the vote-kick. Regen is not a waste no matter how you look at it. It generates a higher life curve in-between kiting and fighting.
Reply Quote
The portal should be replaced by one of those pillars with a delay that you find in the crypts. That would allow you to go to town to do what Weasel765 suggests, but would be useless to run away from duels.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]