Diablo® III

Would you still play with no AH

(Locked)

Yes or No ---------------->[ Reason why if you want ]
No. Not unless they patched the game so that it was reasonable for me to expect me to FIND upgrades for myself.

It would be insane for me to play this game for hundreds of hours without ever getting any upgrades or improving my character.

Without the AH, I could still potentially do trades using third-party sites like JSP, but what would be the point? It would just be a bigger pain, less efficient, worse for everybody.
no it's like gambling without real money. can play literally a tycoon haha, Ive already accomplished everything in game. been face rollin since 1.0.2

game is really boring now with all the nerfs cry babies wanted so you dont really need to worry about much or enrage or things like that. Just hurp derp face tank.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 5/10/2013 3:35 AM PDT
Nope. No point in farming for hundreds of hours to try and get a minor upgrade.
Absolutely.
Been actually getting allot more play time and enjoying it.
Last year when this game was launched it was down all the time, I lived. I lived without an auction house in Diablo 2 as well.

I guess that is one thing I don't like about D3, you can't make games with custom names like you could with Diablo 2. People would make a game called Trade and it would be busy all day long, people coming and going. D3 is actually less social of a game than D2 was so people don't know how to interact with each other. You are randomly matched with players, unless you are friends with someone, but who in the hell wants to add weirdos to your friends list just to trade? lol
05/10/2013 03:32 AMPosted by Gilamarth
No - The RMAH is my investment vehicle of choice

You are in violation of the ToS
no, cant even pass mp3 at 900+ hours till i started to find other solution > to flip AH and now i can do mp8-10 with only 100+ hours
NO- I for one love the AH. When I get to the point where I have issues staying alive and fighting the basic monsters in that level I go to the AH and get new gear. I also love looking to see what is out there. Kind of a window shopping in the AH. Than there are those times that the lag is bad and I am just not ready to leave the game for the day.
I don't use the AH anyway. But yes, I think the game would be much better if the AH was gone and a reasonable trading interface were implemented instead.

No. Not unless they patched the game so that it was reasonable for me to expect me to FIND upgrades for myself.

It would be insane for me to play this game for hundreds of hours without ever getting any upgrades or improving my character.

I can't believe people still don't understand. You never find upgrades BECAUSE of the AH.

If it takes, on average, 20 hours to find an item of a certain high quality, then it only takes 5 hours to earn enough gold to buy that item off the AH. Therefore you buy that item off the AH before finding it, and you now need an item that takes 30 hours to find, or that can be bought after 7.5 hours. Rinse, repeat. By the time you find those items yourself, they're already "garbage" because you bought them off the AH. So you never find upgrades, since you consistently acquire enough gold to buy them off the AH.
90 Orc Hunter
No. The whole reason I am enjoying this game is because of the AH. I liked the idea of looting a legendary then being able to sell it for real money. And while it's not much obviously at this point in the game, I can put back money to go watch a movie with later on for the weekend, etc etc.

That aside, I still use the gold Ah for gems/crafting materials, and upgrading my gear. I have bad luck at RNG, so I would never want to depend on my rolls.
05/10/2013 03:28 AMPosted by Nixsta
Yes or No ---------------->[ Reason why if you want ]

the game was designed with the AH in mind.

So.

No.
05/10/2013 04:49 AMPosted by M3zito
no, cant even pass mp3 at 900+ hours till i started to find other solution > to flip AH and now i can do mp8-10 with only 100+ hours

you must not know what your doing didnt you see my mp10 for 10m thread in wizzy forums? I built dozens of wizzys that do mp 10 for less than 100m

who knows know if it stay that cheap with messed up economy but really with all the monster nerfs combined with good legs game is trivial if you focus on certain builds with certain stats
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 5/10/2013 5:12 AM PDT
I will come back to this game when there is no AH.

That aside, I still use the gold Ah for gems/crafting materials, and upgrading my gear. I have bad luck at RNG, so I would never want to depend on my rolls.

So you prefer the AH because you're superstitious?
"Still be" doesn't fit me into the question.

I may be still playing if this game had no AH in the first place, but I'm not entirely sure because of other various game design letdowns that caused me to stop playing.
No AH but trade still enabled = giant waste of time. Rather bid on the AH than bid in a forum when the seller can cancel the auction whenever they want.
I would because I already have enough gear to enjoy every aspect of the game.

As a new player on that game ? I would give up within days I think.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]