Diablo® III

Would you still play with no AH

(Locked)

YES !!!

More correct would be to say that I will back to play if AH would be removed. Now I quit playing and wait until Blizzard will release no-AH realm. And if this will not happen I will never back and play D3 since it is huge waste of time.
Considering that I hardly *ever* find anything worth selling on the AH... yes... I would.
05/11/2013 02:21 AMPosted by Liberty
The game is designed so that your finding other peoples items..........ah is built into their design.......

Exactly, and that's why the game sucks. They need to remove the AH AND at the same time improve items so you don't find crap with 200 Damage on it or a Barbarian item with 200 DX.

Then I would consider the game "fixed". Took them long enough. One year of this crap... I for one won't forgive them the 60$ and time I spent in the game hoping for good items and never finding any.

Then again, I had a blast with HOS and didn't pay... very much... you know? Their fault for throwing this crap on the market as a pay-to-win title (or pay-to-loot since there is no "winning") after taking a lot of money.
Edited by gudlbua#2632 on 5/11/2013 7:51 AM PDT
View profile
yes---the past few days i have been crafting exhalted grand conquest swords
some interesting crafts but it is necessary for upgrades
i can see all my characters using that sword or duel wielding
except the long ranged demon hunter with manticore
Yes

But want me to belive blizzard cares about that? They got money from it, so its a pointeless thread and a totally useless opinion, maded for a weird purpose.. Thank you godly developers
No Auction House and better itemization
Yes would love that
This is a pointless post. If there is no AH directly tied to D3 then outside websites will fill that roll just like it was with d2. There will always be some form of AH.
Not as much. I find Act V, aka the AH, to be the only place I find upgrades. I have doubled the dps and survivability of my toons for under 10m each. I have never found anything with a value over 1million. That being said, I sell 'ok' items for 20k-40k each until I can get an upgrade. The only way to do without the AH is to increase the drop rate of great items, and I don't think this game will ever reach the point where the drop rates will be able to sustain a decent player base.
With current itemization and drop ratios...NO.

The game is designed to have piss-poor drop rates and such that even class specific items are rolling the wrong main stat to ensure the GAH and RMAH are used.

The odds of being able to actually upgrade yourself in a reasonable timeframe is FAR to long to get rid of the currently required tool that is the AH.

However, if drops were changed, to ensure that if class specific items drop, they ONLY roll that classes main stat, and that it was easier to upgrade yourself, by having better drop ratios, then, perhaps yes.

But in its current state, no.

And I would hate having to use chat channels to trade, only to be subjected to 50,000 spams from gold sellers between actual players trading items.
Yes. I could care less about RMAH. that could go away and I wouldn't care one bit.
Yes. Definitely! Classic D2 style

Only, I would substitute the AH for a more accessible face-to-face item trading network. I'm too used to making game names which advertise what I want to trade to get upgrades.
NO, I wouldn't, i think the AH is what gives this game life also is the best way to sell and buy stuff from people with a very low chance to be scammed and to get what you need after all your effort while leveling up your characters.
No, I love the AH and RMAH. What would be the point of gold if there was no AH?
05/11/2013 12:52 PMPosted by KINGREX
No, I love the AH and RMAH. What would be the point of gold if there was no AH?

Ever upgraded a gem???
Yes, yes, yes! I'm tired of spending three times as much time looking at auctions then I am playing the actual game. Playing the AH irritates me as it is the quickest way to "progress". That being said, with a revamp in itemization, I believe everybody would be fine without the AH.
I would not play this game without AH. As an adult with a life, I don't have time to manually find good items. But I do have money to spare. I should not have to miss out on experiencing the real game (Inf mp10) because I have other things to spend my time on.
Definately yes. If the game wasn't designed for the AH and a loot was nice, this would be a gorgeous game. I dream about a new server with no AH but better drop where everybody could start new chars and enjoy their natural progress.
Of course people who wouldn't like to they could stay on their AH servers.

... wait. I must have read that wrong.

You're claiming that it was impossible for you to find sufficient GEAR to beat Belial on NORMAL? You do realize that you're not supposed to tank his attacks, right?

Nope. Played Act I and II over again 3 times. No joy. And as far as evading him, after his enrage timer goes off, and he covers the entire floor with poison, and you have nowhere to run, it's all over.

StoneOld

Enrage only occurs in inferno. Him covering the floor (those are meteors by the way) is just a regular phase, one designed to have you avoid the attacks. Here's a video of someone doing it in hell, while wearing no gear. Skip to a few minutes in to avoid the earlier phases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvEE5Cm3lSg

I would not play this game without AH. As an adult with a life, I don't have time to manually find good items. But I do have money to spare. I should not have to miss out on experiencing the real game (Inf mp10) because I have other things to spend my time on.

MP10 is not the real game. That's a special challenge mode for people with exceptional gear, designed with sufficiently bad rewards so that even those people with godly gear are better off farming lower MP levels.
Edited by Saigyouji#1546 on 5/11/2013 2:55 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]