Diablo® III

Would you still play with no AH

(Locked)

Yes. The auction house is a twinking tool, i never needed it, just used it to reduce the time to lvl. I played d2 without trading with people and that game was far more of a grind then this one is.
05/10/2013 03:28 AMPosted by Nixsta
Yes or No ---------------->[ Reason why if you want ]

No. The Auction house is not the problem. It is actually a fantastic idea, though poorly implemented. With no controls you will eventually get what happened Tuesday. A few simple controls would have helped. Things like max gold an account can hold. I mean does any account need to hold trillions? The ability of people to completely circumvent the AH is a problem. It basically renders the AH's 2 billion cap pointless. People are already asking for that cap to be raised. But they wouldn't be if there was no way to trade an item outside of using the AH. They are just trying to squeeze every last coin out of someone else that they can. The ability to obtain real money thru the auction house is a problem as well.

There likely should have been a limit as to how much an account could gain in a month. Otherwise you wind up with people who take advantage of the game to try and squeeze every last penny they can out of it. For real money it should have been something like $250. The game should not be about making money. The fact that it is for some people is what is wrong with it, and its the same thing that was wrong with D2.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 5/10/2013 5:18 AM PDT
Unless an easy trade interface was implemented, no. The idea of having to spend hundreds of hours trying to find a single decent item to use is ridiculous. Diablo has always been about finding good loot, and without any expectation of that, the game is ruined.
No.

Edit: and btw i finished infierno playing solo without using the AH (well...only to sell xD)
Edited by Kindred#1502 on 5/10/2013 5:20 AM PDT
Yes, because finding loot is more fun than buying it.

One condition though: it must be possible to find good (not godly) loot in a reasonable amount of time (read: days, not weeks or months).
Currently it's 'meh' imo.

Still, the ah isn't a problem.
Everyone can choose to ignore it completely if drops were fun enough.
Yes. I played a wizard with the ah and I'm now playing a barbarian without. It's more fun for me when loot drops. I'm just a lowbie but I'm having a really good time now.
If they rebalanced drops and itemization around not having an AH, absolutely. They should have done that from the beginning.
Yes.

The game wouldn't have as much replay value though.

Traditional trading like in Diablo 2 was a huge hassle and time consuming. If pulls you away from the fun. As such, I'd likely play self-found only for a while and then quit.

With the AH I'll still do self-found only but the ability to improve gear allows me to explore new builds and aspire to other goals that aren't overly realistic with self found play.
One condition though: it must be possible to find good (not godly) loot in a reasonable amount of time (read: days, not weeks or months).
Currently it's 'meh' imo.

I've taken a hardcore character through all of inferno, entirely using self-found items, in 28 hours. That's faster than I could do that in D2 (except with a summoner necro or a sorc). Good loot dropping is a complete non-issue as long as you're not comparing quality to what's readily available on the AH.
I wouldn't play as much, because there is no new content. Updates are nice, but just grinding for gear and not be able to sell it is boring for me. I actually like the AH/RMAH, bidding is exciting. When I find great gear somebody needs and is willing to pay for it I have an outlet for those items. Feels good to sell item with no buyout and suddenly see bid soar!
At the current game state, no I wouldn't. I got lucky by pre-gearing my monk before the AH went down and before I hit 60, but starting a new char is rough. This game, although poorly designed, was not meant to be played without the AH, as it is the centralized place for trading and getting upgrades. Too much RNG on rolled items if and when you do find them for them to be considered useful. I'm not complaining though, I prefer Diablo 2's level of play but I don't think the developers have it in their minds to listen to anyone playing their game to add what the players really want, and not talking about the whiny self-absorbed entitled children.

Diablo 3 needs:

» Ladder system
» Runewords and/or more diversity in crafting
» Better itemization, although they are working on it I don't believe they are doing it how I would suggest
» Side quests, and random events that you stumble upon aren't related to what I'm talking about, in D2 you had skill quests, and the potion of life, Anya quest, socket quest... a solid set of quests that add minimal, but useful bonuses for your characters
» Charms, I thought charms were pretty useful in D2 and would like to see some sort of inventory bonus make its way into this game
» Remove the reliance on the AH as the (seemingly) only way to gear up for MP10, by putting emphasis on crafting and BoA items that can be made or drop for participating in playing the game instead of wondering how you will gear up for the next MP tier
» More mercenaries
» Gold cap on chars or account, I think the devs have their heads up their asses if they don't do this now after what happened

Just stuff I think that could add and make the game better, sorry went off on a tangent but still as I put it... no I wouldn't for very long. I do seem to have a dependence on the AH when I am creating new chars to keep ahead on the +xp gear and better weapons but besides that I don't spend the 50m or more on the higher quality 60 items. In fact I've sort of stopped playing I guess again, just lose interest in Diablo 3 alot thinking how much better it could be, but most likely won't be.

/quick edit, another reason why I lose interest is no new content is being introduced at all.
Edited by Shenanigans#1533 on 5/10/2013 5:42 AM PDT
Yes - the trading post would of been a great alternative. Many many things could of been a better alternative. Capitalism ruined this game, gold was never a good currency to wager for items. Items for items is what I say. Believe it or not, bartering would of made more sense.
At the current game state, no I wouldn't. I got lucky by pre-gearing my monk before the AH went down and before I hit 60, but starting a new char is rough. This game, although poorly designed, was not meant to be played without the AH, as it is the centralized place for trading and getting upgrades. Too much RNG on rolled items if and when you do find them for them to be considered useful. I'm not complaining though, I prefer Diablo 2's level of play but I don't think the developers have it in their minds to listen to anyone playing their game to add what the players really want, and not talking about the whiny self-absorbed entitled children.

Diablo 3 needs:

» Ladder system
» Better itemization, although they are working on it I don't believe they are doing it how I would suggest
» Side quests, and random events that you stumble upon aren't related to what I'm talking about, in D2 you had skill quests, and the potion of life, Anya quest, socket quest... a solid set of quests that add minimal, but useful bonuses for your characters
» Charms, I thought charms were pretty useful in D2 and would like to see some sort of inventory bonus make its way into this game
» Remove the reliance on the AH as the (seemingly) only way to gear up for MP10, by putting emphasis on crafting and BoA items that can be made or drop for participating in playing the game instead of wondering how you will gear up for the next MP tier
» More mercenaries
» Gold cap on chars or account, I think the devs have their heads up their asses if they don't do this now after what happened

/quick edit, another reason why I lose interest is no new content is being introduced at all.

I agree with everything stated above. Missing the open waypoints though. GIVE US OUR FREEDOM.
To be quite honest, yes. I feel like my barbarian/monk/demon hunter are geared enough to handle mp7 in groups efficiently and that is all I really need. To be quite honest once again, I have really enjoyed playing with others after this patch. The game has made incredible improvements to PvE and the items seem to be dropping much more frequently (especially legendaries).

So, my answer is a stern YES.

Too long/Didn't read = YES = ty men.
Edited by Armandhammer#1986 on 5/10/2013 6:02 AM PDT
05/10/2013 05:49 AMPosted by zSnakez
Yes - the trading post would of been a great alternative. Many many things could of been a better alternative. Capitalism ruined this game, gold was never a good currency to wager for items. Items for items is what I say. Believe it or not, bartering would of made more sense.

Yeah, you're so right. Currency is retarded. We should lobby our congressmen and tell them to BURN ALL THE MONEY IN THE US.

We'll be so much better off trading barrels of wheat and corn and gasoline for our refrigerators and couches and TVs.

No, that's dumb. Currency is a GOOD thing. It facilitates trade, makes it easier. The problem here is implementation.
Absolutely.

With the 1.07 crafting changes finding upgrades (for those slots anyway) is not that hard anymore, and now with 1.08 I am having legendary gear drop like crazy. As soon as the itemization overhaul hits with 1.09 AH won't be necessary at all for building godly characters.
absolutely not, the ah is the second half to this game. its so much easier to obtain upgrades for your character by finding things and selling them and accumlating gold and buying what you need specifically. and as for all the people who are like oh yeah i can do it like i did it in d2, good luck honestly this game is nothing like d2 . d2 was flooded with the same items everyone needed and all builds used similar items, like all hammerdins used enigma sojs and mara etc. plus you can make game names like bring hoto . you cant do that in d3 you pretty much have to keep writing in trade or general chat what you need and what you have to offer and most of the time no one will even bother. so good luck playing d3 without its second half.

Diablo 3 needs:

» Ladder system
» More mercenaries

I agree with everything stated above. Missing the open waypoints though. GIVE US OUR FREEDOM.

Yep missed a few things I thought of after posting:

» Have to physically find each waypoint, even though it irritated the hell out of me having my Hdin completed, he didn't have Cata level 4 found and had to run all the way through A1 to get it, I did find some enjoyment having to go get it (I'm a masochist)
» We sort of need a chat/channel system. At the very least have it setup like SC, but I would prefer to have the old D2 style chat channels back
» Higher player count in-game, seriously why are we capped at 4? Is there some technical limitation that made the devs decide 4 was the max they could support?
» Not to be ripping from other games, but I remember when I played Runescape and you had random NPCs spawn beside you and just gift you the most absolute random stuff. It is nice to be given things by something in-game even if it isn't of high value, shows you aren't being forgotten and just another drone working for the hive
» Character specific set animations, the most you get from a set item animation is the IK maul. That would be cooler if the whole Barbarian pulsed like that for wearing the set, and would like to see certain sets give visual bonuses (not strictly referring to level 60 sets either, leveling sets with animations would be cool to have also)
» Dyes are cool and all, but you can barely use them on half of the gear your end-game character uses. Half of the gear isn't even rare and with the stuff you can dye, it doesn't appear visually appealing because the rest of the character outfit isn't matching. You look like you got dressed in the dark basically
» Just realized the above point was only a rant, it was meant to say give us more options on how our characters look like. What's the reason for restricting me from wanting a pink Nat cloak if I had the choice?
» Add a vanity accessory slot to characters in the sheet. Yes something that your collector wings could physically be equipped to your character so you don't have to re equip the dumb things every single game. Also, so you could see said accessory item(s) on your character while waiting in the main menu. Not talking exclusively about collector wings here, community input on the matter of what people would want to see added in-game for accessories

Had other ideas, but forgot them again.
anyone get a family would not play if AH is gone. who got hours and hours to grind for loots, where you can just buy the loots you want and enjoy the little play time you got.
personal will never play this game this long if ah is not here. we all got job, family, friends and other thing going on other than just play game.

imagine you have to grow you own food, in order to feed yourself. remove the AH is like put humanity back to cave man age... who want that?
Edited by Clownnut#1544 on 5/10/2013 6:19 AM PDT
who got hours and hours to grind for loots, where you can just buy the loots you want and enjoy the little play time you got.

This shows the perversion of mentality in this game. People must have loot to enjoy the game, rather than having fun in the process of getting it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]