Diablo® III

Would you still play with no AH

(Locked)

I have to agree with alot of the other players here. I wouldn't be playing without the AH right now. Mainly because I don't want to sit here and repeat areas for hundreds of hours and finally maybe finding one half way decent piece of gear for upgrades. It would be easier to just poke my eyes out with a screwdriver and cut of my fingers so I can't play....lol
Yes, but I would expect a rebalance of drops so the game can provide you with the required stuff to keep moving forward, besides if they remove the AHs then it's more feasible that we request an offline mode
05/10/2013 10:18 AMPosted by RipperNyght
I have to agree with alot of the other players here. I wouldn't be playing without the AH right now. Mainly because I don't want to sit here and repeat areas for hundreds of hours and finally maybe finding one half way decent piece of gear for upgrades. It would be easier to just poke my eyes out with a screwdriver and cut of my fingers so I can't play....lol

In fact, you are repeating areas of D3 with or without AH's help to upgrde your gears

forget the label Inferno MP10 or Hell MP01
forget the fancy names given to advanced gears & parameters of which u are sooo proud

fighting with sloppy gears in Hell MP01 is vitually the same to
fighting with advanced gears in Inferno MP10

The fun of the game is that one should think, adapt and improve a feedback loop

Put it this way:
Imagine all arena's gone and characters are gone
and all you are left is AH
What do u enjoy in a game like this? A bidding game
no
This AH thing is so similar to US stock market crash
which is mainly attributable to arbitc-haging in derivatives

Derivatives are meant to be vehicles to mitigate risk, NOT arbitc-haging to make profits
Similar applies to AH.
AH is meant to be a tool to facilitate gears flow orderly, NOT arbitc-haging to make profits

Wealth & Gears level should indicate how smart / endeavour a player plays in the adventure,
not show smart / endeavour he arbitc-hages
Edited by EatALot#3909 on 5/10/2013 10:37 AM PDT
View profile
Farm. What this game is supposed to be about.

Or have we all forgotten?
Without itemization fix - yes, but I would probably focus on HC
With the itemization fix - hell, yeah! :)
I would if the following things happened.

1) Loot distribution was increased to compensate for having no AH.
- (Despite changes the AH is still required to progress through Inferno, even more so now that ACT1 loot has been decreased by some 66% overall.)

2) Rolls take class of player more into consideration.
- (honestly tired of finding perfect items for other classes...all the time. I have found exactly 1 item for my monk in the off and on year I have been playing. But could have a well geared barb if I leveled one from the sweet items that I have for it.)

3) Keep NV stacks on skill swaps.
- (Blizzard says they want a diverse use of skills to be employed, and there is a diverse number of builds for every class. But everyone of those builds is locked in place upon killing your first elite. Unless you want to lose your stack. This arbitrary limitation has no practical purpose other than to limit the finding of gear and gold unless you use 1 build the entire play through.)
Yes - I have never used the AH and never plan to. So I wouldn't miss it at all.
No. Not unless they patched the game so that it was reasonable for me to expect me to FIND upgrades for myself.

It would be insane for me to play this game for hundreds of hours without ever getting any upgrades or improving my character.

Without the AH, I could still potentially do trades using third-party sites like JSP, but what would be the point? It would just be a bigger pain, less efficient, worse for everybody.

This sums it up perfectly.
With itemization the way it is currently, no, I would not. If they fixed itemization, I'd consider it.
my favorite char was empty now

bring back The Action House please
No - the way game was developed in the first place and with its current itemization, we can ONLY rely on the AH to progress further. Therefore, we CANNOT play D3 without the AH
i work a 12 hour day and have grown up responsibilities. I do not have the luxury to play for 100 hors to find 1 decent upgrade. if this game was like D2, then i would suggest no AH, but the fact is that i didnt buy this game to lose every time i play. the AH is convenient to people who do not spend 16 hours a day playing.
05/10/2013 05:09 AMPosted by Aimless
no, cant even pass mp3 at 900+ hours till i started to find other solution > to flip AH and now i can do mp8-10 with only 100+ hours

you must not know what your doing didnt you see my mp10 for 10m thread in wizzy forums? I built dozens of wizzys that do mp 10 for less than 100m

who knows know if it stay that cheap with messed up economy but really with all the monster nerfs combined with good legs game is trivial if you focus on certain builds with certain stats

it doesn't count when it takes you a half hour to kill an elite bro. especailly when you're just permanantly preezing everything and eliminating all danger.

try doing mp10 on a wizard without using the cm/ww permafreeze build. now try it for under 100 mil then 10 mil
Yes. Actually I have never bought any item from either AH. Hit a wall, yup. Oh well, still having fun.

Check this out: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6412492777
Maybe for a little while, but not as long as with the AH. The crappiness of the drops as they are now would get discouraging and boring fairly quickly. I would only keep playing if they greatly changed the drop rates to be more like what they are doing with the PS3 version.
and with these 2 options u get to apply attributes to ur toon
apply skill tree points
and the loot table is completely different
and there isnt random rares dropping all over the place with pathetic rolled stats BASICALLY FIX IT

Why would switching off the AH for yourself also unlock a bunch of new gameplay mechanics? That would make no sense. You are an idiot. Never post on the forums again, kthxbai.
Nope. The AH is a major part of the game. Without game names, trading is practically impossible. AH makes trading so much easier. Whats the point of grinding for gear if you can't do anything with it? You certainly aren't going to grind an upgrade for yourself in this lifetime.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]