Diablo® III

You will all buy the expansion . . .

At this point, I don't plan on buying it. If they make some large changes to the game that they probably never will touch then I'd probably buy it.

it is hard to do anything with the items because of previous bad decisions. The whole system needs to be reworked including: waypoints, traveling between acts, blocking, stat points, skill trees (there needs to be trees to increase customization and open up a plethora of interesting item choices, make respecs fairly easy to do, now you can remove the 6 skills at a time limit since there is a tree with skillpoints), itemization (fhr, fcr (wouldn't it be cool if your cooldown dropped on spells as you got more fcr, D2 style teleporting perhaps?), crushing blow, static field (are act bosses really that fun that you want to spend 10 minutes fighting each one?), well as add weapon ranges and wsm), skills (there needs to be curses at least that can alter the battlefield, these curses need to be available as charges or ctc procs), weapon switches need to be in the game, monsters need to be immune to certain types of damage occasionally in higher difficulties (can be broken with curses sometimes or your char needs two types of damage). Resistance system needs work.

To insert these things a lot of the systems would need to be scrapped and reworked and old items would need to be scrapped from the server. The game still needs lots of work, they dumbed down all of the systems and put a WoW hat on it (the stat point system/itemization seems WoW to me, also the level 60 cap is def WoW influence; enough people screamed about it that they added paragons, but still (funny, people were screaming about level 60 cap before the game out and blizz ignores and says durrr we know best, this is going to be fun; the endgame is the item hunt, no need to go past 60 durr.. We know what we're doing. It is abundantly clear you do not know what you are doing with a Diablo game anymore).

What they've done right:
Fun to fight against monsters
Graphics look nice
Treasure goblins and resplendent chests
Random content
Reply Quote
Another worthless topic started by someone who cannot even be bothered thinking of an appropriate opening post...
Reply Quote
I probably would buy it. D2 was simply awful before the expansion too imo and no I don't mean much better than D3, I mean awful.
Reply Quote
Yep, and I'll love it.

More demon-slaughtering goodness.
Reply Quote
05/12/2013 03:10 PMPosted by JackWilliam
and you know it.

if it has no real money action house and if the ONLY way to buy gold would be from Blizzard and if the game has great, awesome and meaningfull gold sinks. Then I would probably buy the Expansion.

If the expansion has the RMAH though? Heh! Trick me once! Shame on you! Trick me twice! Shame on ME! Not gone happen this time. I will stay away from games with "money" attached to it as far as possible from now on.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 10:15 AMPosted by CrniVuk
and you know it.

if it has no real money action house and if the ONLY way to buy gold would be from Blizzard and if the game has great, awesome and meaningfull gold sinks. Then I would probably buy the Expansion.

If the expansion has the RMAH though? Heh! Trick me once! Shame on you! Trick me twice! Shame on ME! Not gone happen this time. I will stay away from games with "money" attached to it as far as possible from now on.

You honestly think they will even consider removing the RMAH when the expansion is released? If they have even considered removing it, it would already be gone.
Reply Quote
Yep, and I'll love it.

More demon-slaughtering goodness.

Me too!
Reply Quote
Nah, many other options out there.
Reply Quote
I probably would buy it. D2 was simply awful before the expansion too imo and no I don't mean much better than D3, I mean awful.

I disagree. D2 *seemed* awful to you because they changed the game a lot from D1 to D2 and D2 seemed a little incomplete (much like D3). However, I wouldn't say it was "awful". I felt like that at times due to the changes, but it really was a fun game.. I'd say about as fun as the current iteration or more. But this was many years ago.. So **for its time** Diablo 2 was a much superior game to Diablo 3.

Lets pretend though that my memory is wrong and yours is right.

Why didn't Blizzard learn from their mistakes in Diablo 2? Why did they repeat many of these mistakes in Diablo 3 and then add even more bad decisions upon that?

It seems like you're assuming that an expansion would save this hollow husk of a game...but what if the expansion is just more of the same?

People keep glorifying the D2 expansion.. like it 'fixed' D2 or something when it alone didn't do much..it was the combination of the base D2 with patches and then the expansion and more patches that made it great. It was already good before then.. not awful.. but then it became greater over time.

Were D3 already a good/deep game.. I wouldn't be complaining and I could care less if they came out with an expansion.. it would just be extra fun for me in that case.

But this is not the case. At least not in my opinion, it isn't.

~Philoi.
Edited by Philoi#1655 on 7/3/2013 10:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
fist of all, the expansion has to be exceptional for all the disgruntled fans to even care about it, secondly if it takes them another year or 2 before the expansion is ready, no one will care enough about Diablo anymore for the expansion to sell. Overall, it would be a waste of time for them if they take that much time improving the game and giving us the features they promised years ago.

depending on how they improve items and character customization, and mainly how they improve PvP options and end-game challenges, I may or may not buy an Xpack, but it also depends on when it comes out too. If it comes out within a year and it look good I will buy it, if it comes out 2 years from now, I will be long done with the game, and I would assume most of the people left will be as well.
Reply Quote
the expansion is being released 9-03-13.
Reply Quote
I would totally buy the expansion game. It's not like Blizzard released D3 and did nothing to improve it. I'm sure somewhere down the line, Act/Bliz approached D3 Team and tell them to remove this and that so they can add it to the expansion.
Reply Quote
Everyone here will buy the expansion. Those saying they won't are in denial.

Anyone lurking around the forums this far after its failure is here because they hooe this game gets better one day.
Reply Quote
We all hope the game gets better but I think most of us have learned to not fall into the hype again.

I would buy the expansion but I would want to know every single detail about it before that so I can judge if it was enough to fix the game or not. I would also wait one month or more to see how people are reacting to it and if the implemented features are actually well-designed or if its already in dire need of an overhaul just as the game launched like in may 2012.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Philoi
Lets pretend though that my memory is wrong and yours is right.

Our memories are different because we probably like different things. I hated the basic character customization system in D2, I hated the spammable potions, the horrid class balance really bothered me. I disliked a lot of the stuff they added that is seen in D3 as well unfortunately, like the dumb quests and playing the game over on higher difficulties as part of the leveling process. Then at max level the game was downright boring, even worse than D3 before the xpack at least.

Blizzard has a pretty good track history with expansions so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on it. Brood Wars was way better than vanilla SC, the WC3 expansion improved it for sure, LoD was a huge step up over D2. Even the SC2 expansion really improved things.
Reply Quote
I wont be buying it if i need to purchase it to have PVP, nor will I get it if the games core issues are not fixed by its release. Plus it needs to have good changes, not just another act and 2 classes with unbalanced skills.
Reply Quote
I don't know if I'll buy the expansion.

I am running D3 in WINE at the moment, if I get banned again I will not buy D3, I am too old to be wasting my time and money on games that don't run in Linux.

07/03/2013 12:26 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Unless something radically changes, I will not. Heck, I was a diehard Starcraft player and didn't even buy HoTS because of this D3 debacle. I've purchased over half a dozen Blizzard games since the first Warcraft. D3 is probably the last Blizz game I vote with my dollar. This game has been that disappointing.
[x] Paragon 100.
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 7/3/2013 12:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]