Diablo® III

You will all buy the expansion . . .

07/03/2013 09:56 AMPosted by Sparhawke
Another worthless topic started by someone who cannot even be bothered thinking of an appropriate opening post...

What does this even mean? lol
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 10:31 AMPosted by Ginko
The problem with the title to this thread is the word "you". If you insist that you have any clue what I am going to do then YOU can kiss my rear end.

lol - Why so serious with a thread I made back in May? I'd hate to have to hang out with you, misery.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 12:29 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
You keep posting this like it means something.

When did you notice you don't like the game? Paragon 90? Or was it after paragon 100? Or was it after spending the 4 later weeks insisting a self-found mode wasn't added. God forbid the SF guys ruined a game you don't like. lol.
Reply Quote
63K Elite kills and he just hates the game!
Reply Quote
My copy is practically already bought - I think the expansion will bring a lot to the table for Diablo III content-wise - Even though some it may smell familiar. (Ahem...beta....ahem....trailers....ahem.)
Reply Quote
It's highly likely.

They got the combat mechanics and visuals down and they've acknowledged and are working on one of the game's major flaws (itemization). If things line up with an actual crafting system as well as...something to help with skills/balance, well, they got my money. Again.

I think the lion's share of complaints in the forums are due to love of the franchise, so yeah, most of us will probably be here for the expansion.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 10:18 AMPosted by DragonFlyy

if it has no real money action house and if the ONLY way to buy gold would be from Blizzard and if the game has great, awesome and meaningfull gold sinks. Then I would probably buy the Expansion.

If the expansion has the RMAH though? Heh! Trick me once! Shame on you! Trick me twice! Shame on ME! Not gone happen this time. I will stay away from games with "money" attached to it as far as possible from now on.

You honestly think they will even consider removing the RMAH when the expansion is released? If they have even considered removing it, it would already be gone.

well I dont think its as easy to remove the RMAH from D3 instead of just making the expansion without the RMAH.

But as said, if the expansion has RMAH, then I will have no problem to simply "ignore" that title. I am here to play games, not to see people in the "stock" market. Call me old fashioned, jealous, I dont care. But when I see people doing a lot of "money" with a game like D3, I can never lose that feeling that its "wrong" somehow. Or even worse ... by not even playing the game, like with flipping. Is this a stocket market or what? Or are we here to play and enjoy "games"?
Reply Quote
I'll buy it for sure. The game is not perfect by any means but it was fun enough for me to spend hundreds of hours on it which is actually pretty rare. You'll see new classes, items, and probably other goodies like charms and stuff.
Reply Quote
Yes it's true!
Let me preorder the preorder!! xD
Reply Quote
Yup. Longtime Diablo fan. Can't wait in fact.
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 12:26 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Unless something radically changes, I will not. Heck, I was a diehard Starcraft player and didn't even buy HoTS because of this D3 debacle. I've purchased over half a dozen Blizzard games since the first Warcraft. D3 is probably the last Blizz game I vote with my dollar. This game has been that disappointing.

Man I know D3 was a kick in the balls, but you really should try HotS. The SC2 team has done a great job, it is a nice addition if you already own SC2; campaign and multiplayer are both fun.

Having said that, I plan to be very careful about buying any future Diablo content from Blizz. I do not plan to buy if they do not rework the stat and skill systems. Everything about the stat/skill is obnoxious and annoying to me and the items, monsters, blocking, etc feeds from those dumb ideas because players aren't smart enough to google or choose their own build apparently. It's not enough to have easy respecs cause players are dumb and we will make bad choices and not like the game because we chose poorly. Listen up Blizz, get your snooty head out of your !@# and listen to your customers. You were wrong about Level 60 and your skill/stat/items are NOT fine.
Edited by Strolln#1287 on 7/3/2013 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I won't be buying it.

I have been playing the Last of Us and just recently got Hard Rain. Dark Souls revival will follow me through into next year.

I fired up a game of D3 today, played to NV5, ID'd 3 rares, laughed and logged out. This game just isn't up to snuff. Mind, neither is WoW as I do the same there. Boring and no engagement whatsoever.
Reply Quote
Certainly will be the first time I don't own a Diablo game before release/on release. Actually have to review it this time and let the dust settle for about a month.
Reply Quote
Without a Druid/Shapeshift and two other classes, the expansion will not have my money.

Will add that on October 25 Arkham Origins will be released. Next month I will be getting the Ducky Shine 3 Purple LEDs for my continual rise in HotS ranking. On top of that we will be that much closer to Legacy of the Void (and still Arkham Origins!) and even then Rocksteady is working on a sequel to Arkham City....

Do I have any urge to get the D3 Expansion, and the one after that??? No. Not without a shapeshifter/druid and 2 other classes.

My CoB WD is almost unkillable, and can solo uber MP10. There is almost nothing left in this game without a Ladder because frankly, the classes are boring as !@#$. So I won't just level another class to do that just to play this game. I changed my icon to SC2 to prove my point.
Edited by Artinian#1283 on 7/3/2013 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 02:34 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
You're right. I really shouldn't judge the entire Blizz team based on my extreme displeasure with D3's dev team. I just have to be more careful with my Blizz purchases. It's not the same company as before where you knew you were going to get a quality product.

07/03/2013 02:35 PMPosted by Utukka
Certainly will be the first time I don't own a Diablo game before release/on release. Actually have to review it this time and let the dust settle for about a month.

Exactly, I will not preorder the expansion unless I know the stats/skill/block/item/crowd control/monster resistances have been reworked. That is a lot of stuff that probably won't happen.
Reply Quote
Each version of Diablo has been a bit different, all had good points and bad ones. I will get the expansion just for the fact will will have another act (or more?)
I would have gotten D3 at launch, but at that time I didn't have a computer that could run it.

I am all for pointing out bugs and areas for improvement, but wanting a complete overall in an expansion.... No game is perfect, if it was everyone would pay it and nothing else (how boring). Try to look past the flaws and enjoy it for what it is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]