Diablo® III

Ring Choice

Planning a character and wanted to get some thoughts on ring options. I need one ring with All resists but if both have it =) So what choices do I have for a Cyclone Strike Build?
Reply Quote
it all depends on your budget but Cyclones work on Crits so look for rings with that, look for a "unity" they roll pretty good stats

ps you should change you main hand gem to the best emerald you have it will be wayyyyy better than the 190 life on hit you have. it should boost your dps by about 10k without even buying anything!!!
Reply Quote
N0rain long time no see, how are you? I haven't seen you here in the monk forums in awhile what happen?
Reply Quote
05/15/2013 11:02 AMPosted by labrat1317
it all depends on your budget but Cyclones work on Crits so look for rings with that, look for a "unity" they roll pretty good stats

Thanks man...

05/15/2013 11:02 AMPosted by labrat1317
ps you should change you main hand gem to the best emerald you have it will be wayyyyy better than the 190 life on hit you have. it should boost your dps by about 10k without even buying anything!!!

Yeah, I haven't played since November of 2012. Burnt MoBo and other issues... I did have a gear slot related question. Currently I have Blackthorne's waist and pants plugged into my theory model and Inna's head and chest with Ice Climbers.

The main focus is to have significantly greater hp armor and resists/dodge chance in comparison to dps. I will be playing in a group where my job is to survive hordes of demons that I pull inward to make it easier for my teammates to burn.

Let me phrase it this way actually. If I were to go for the first tier bonuses of both sets which items would you suggest to use where? I chose Inna's Radiance based on gotaplanstans affix based item rolls thread. It seemed to be the best overall in that slot for the build I was making. What makes this a difficult decision is LoH. I don't have LoH on my weapon so i am actually relying on other sources. Those sources being Blackthorne's pants, waist and my amulet. At any rate I hope that's enough info to make a better judgment on what I want to strive for.
Reply Quote
View profile
With your build and stray in mind I would shoot for a litany with LOH. The bonus is no one is looking for that combo so I bet you it's cheap as dirt. Shoot for as close to 450 LOH as you can. If you prefer the DPS route get a Unity with AR as it has LOH and you can get some eHP from it.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
Unity is a good cheap choice, but it can't roll crit chance over 4.5%.

When it comes to monk in general, I like getting attack speed over crit damage (unless you can just afford it all). Because you can make up any crit damage you need on your weapons (and amulet).
Reply Quote
One thing you should consider is that it is ultimately LS that keeps you alive as monk and the more dps the more it returns... But to answer your original question I'd look into a litany with attack speed... Also I'd reconsider the the pants situation because you're giving up a lot by not going with innas... If you can get LS on at least one weapon and get to like 180dps with decent mitigation you should be fine without much/any LOH (you need a lot of attack speed anyway for LOH to be effective) if you go that route you wouldn't need the radiance and could go with Mempo, CC preferably but extra dex should do, which should boost ehp... Just some things to think about
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]